Concern: Multiplayer Ban Distribution Method

Users who are viewing this thread

Nor are you being policed. The system is based completely on reports and is honestly not overly restrictive. These are very basic norms that shouldn't be hard to follow.

As stated, this is meant for the specific game modes (f.e. skirmish) and will come in effect more with the upcoming ranked game modes.

As Callum mentioned, this has been requested internally. I'll check on our progress with that and come back to you. I don't believe it's currently high priority though with many other MP features on the way.

We're working towards that though I don't believe it's fair to say the game is "easily exploitable". If you stop on a ladder, you'll probably get shot to pieces. Re-occurring behaviour where a player decides to spend his evenings blocking ladders for everyone else is not okay.

Teamkilling in warm up is completely fine - everyone is doing it and it's fun. You won't get banned for that.
Yeah I’m worried about that “inappropriate gameplay” and “afk” I know vote to kick is getting worked on but I think that’s the only real solution. Have someone afk, racist, cheating, tk to much everyone would just vote to kick ez.
Devs wouldn’t have to manually ban smaller issues just the big ones like cheating

Remember that time that Kurdish guy got banned by a Turkish Taleworlds employee for talking about the genocide of his people? Pepperidge Farm remembers.

I think this direction in moderation, like most game companies, forgets who your core audience is. We don't come online to be policed.
I come online to play the game, not deal with assholes. Moderation is needed, and the code of conduct is largely fair. I can see the point Surreal made, though even with that you shouldn't run into any issues if you're not being an *******...

these standards are ripe for abuse (as already proven) and makes me want to drop this game and never pick it back up.
Proven where? All I remember is some people receiving too high punishments by accident which were adjusted when they asked about it. How does one abuse a report based system where everything goes through a moderator at the end anyways?

Got my ban today.
Teamkilling in the heat of battle by accident and I remember I killed a guy who was afk, well doing it always.
1 day ban for being a loyal player.
Teamkilling as a duel, when we are winning and teamkilling at the end of round after victory phrase.
Kill this fun = kill loyal players
No you were banned for teamkilling.

I think this direction in moderation, like most game companies, forgets who your core audience is. We don't come online to be policed. This is not our job to play your game, these standards are ripe for abuse (as already proven) and makes me want to drop this game and never pick it back up.

"If one would give me six lines written by the hand of the most honest man, I would find something in them to have him hanged"

Is this really suggesting if we go afk in a game we can be banned?
Because the core audience wants to act like an ******* and ruin peoples fun? Mustve missed that in the 10 years I've been playing, hosting public servers for atleast 5 of those years where we had pretty strict rules for behaviour and ran the biggest siege and tdm servers at the time.

Got banned for tk'ing my friend on accident while in skirmish.
He reported me as a joke.

Thanks Taleworlds!

Thanks for working on banning people and not on the game!

Got banned for tk'ing my friend on accident while in skirmish.
He reported me as a joke.

Thanks Taleworlds!

Thanks for working on banning people and not on the game!
Your ban has nothing to do with implementing new features. Feel free to PM me with your in-game name and I can check the incident though.

Because the core audience wants to act like an ******* and ruin peoples fun? Must've missed that in the 10 years I've been playing, hosting public servers for at least 5 of those years where we had pretty strict rules for behavior and ran the biggest siege and tdm servers at the time.
Your framing of your point of view is disingenuous. Most people want to be free to play how they want to play and not have big brother looking over them. Many people have hosted extremely successful servers in Warband with an extremely varying ruleset, it is not that special of an experience for you to lord your opinion over others.

Your server pop did not play your server for your strict rules, people played it because they could have fun in some way that other servers could not offer at a time. Were the rest of the servers all anarchy, and dominated by "assholes"? No.

Just because someone does not want to be policed, does not make them an ******* (banning for accidental tks, banning for abuse of internal game mechanics, banning for political opinions (rip Taiwanese players you never stood a chance)) Rather that makes them a normal player of the game, and when they see the abuse occurring, why in God's name would they want to play more.

and not have big brother looking over them.

Just because someone does not want to be policed,

it's almost funny how dishonest this is.

there is no big brother. there is no police.

there's just the other people on the server, and it's up to them to decide to report you for breaking the rules if they so choose,if they feel you are being that disruptive.

and even then, there's a system in place to prevent people getting unjustified infractions, and to get them removed if a false positive does slip through.

it's the least invasive moderation imaginable.

the only reason to complain about it is if you know you're the kind of player that's going to end up on the wrong side of it because you can't put up a bare minimum of not being too open about bigotry, and not ruining things for others with tk or similar. and that's very much a you problem.

Nor are you being policed. The system is based completely on reports and is honestly not overly restrictive. These are very basic norms that shouldn't be hard to follow.

it's almost funny how dishonest this is.

there is no big brother. there is no police.

there's just the other people on the server, and it's up to them to decide to report you for breaking the rules if they so choose,if they feel you are being that disruptive.

and even then, there's a system in place to prevent people getting unjustified infractions, and to get them removed if a false positive does slip through.

it's the least invasive moderation imaginable.

the only reason to complain about it is if you know you're the kind of player that's going to end up on the wrong side of it because you can't put up a bare minimum of not being too open about bigotry, and not ruining things for others with tk or similar. and that's very much a you problem.

When you say it is up to other players on the server to report, you contradict the statement of "There's a system in place to prevent people getting unjustified infractions". If player 1 teamkills player 2, and player 2 is player 1's friend, and they play bannerlord together everyday, and player 1 gets reported for joking around with their buddy, should they be banned? Normally most people would answer no, obviously. But this exact scenario has occured not once, not twice, but multiple times with members in my clan, and other clans in the North American community.

I understand what it is TW is trying to do, but it simply is not working towards creating better servers. Instead it is tearing players away from eachother, making clans smaller, and working towards the unintentional goal of dismantling the active playerbase on NA servers.

We can stay on this thread disputing one another, but that will get us nowhere. You will disagree, as I will disagree with you.

I implore TaleWorlds to reevaluate how they handle bans. Quite frankly, the current system is not working.

When you say it is up to other players on the server to report, you contradict the statement of "There's a system in place to prevent people getting unjustified infractions".
there is no contradiction there. your hypothetical scenario simply falls under the "removing false positives", not "avoiding unjustified infractions".

if the appeal doesn't go through, it's more likely that someone is not telling the whole story in the hopes of making themself look better, rather than moderator responsible being somehow stupid or blind. they have logs.

and that's very much a you problem
Wasn't a person muted for saying this exact same thing earlier in this thread? What happened to all the drop the attitude and start a conversation with us?

Ironically, this is how big brother works in the book. You are creating a system that can only lead to problems. Even pointing out the excessive bans is apparently troll behavior. Further irony is that accusation coupled with the denial of no invasive moderation. This thread is all about the mishandling of bans, people are cheating character heights in your game yet nothing happens to them (despite numerous reports).

Maybe if when you are banned you are told the time and date, we would be able to defend ourselves and that statement would be true. This would be a simple suggestion that I would appreciate being looked at. Rather than a constructive environment, it feels hostile in this thread when bringing up the mishandling of the situation.

Wasn't a person muted for saying this exact same thing earlier in this thread?
no, actually. context does in fact matter.

Ironically, this is how big brother works in the book.
gods spare me from children quoting 1984 without understanding it.

in your game
i am not an employee

Maybe if when you are banned you are told the time and date, we would be able to defend ourselves and that statement would be true.
congratulations, you've managed the first reasonable suggestion of the thread. i would be fully in support of this being added. if you have further contributions of this kind, i'm sure @Dejan will be happy to hear them.

when bringing up the mishandling of the situation.
the only mishandling was the shocking absence of any proper rules and the lacking enforcement thereof before this point, nothing more.
it is amusingly predictable, however, that even the lightest touch that are these new rules results in this kind of outcry, despite them being eminently reasonable.

i am not an employee

congratulations, you've managed the first reasonable suggestion of the thread. i would be fully in support of this being added. if you have further contributions of this kind, i'm sure @Dejan will be happy to hear them.

the only mishandling was the shocking absence of any proper rules and the lacking enforcement thereof before this point, nothing more.
it is amusingly predictable, however, that even the lightest touch that are these new rules results in this kind of outcry, despite them being eminently reasonable.

I find your serious lack of neutrality and the way in which you're speaking to customers very appalling coming from a moderator entrusted with enforcing rules not spewing insults. With all do respect.

i am not an employee

@Dejan better get on this person they aren't being very nice and I'm pretty sure that's against the new guidelines you put forth.

I find your serious lack of neutrality and the way in which you're speaking to customers very appalling coming from a moderator entrusted with enforcing rules not spewing insults. With all do respect.
@Dejan better get on this person they aren't being very nice and I'm pretty sure that's against the new guidelines you put forth.
:roll:
giphy.gif

Dejan better get on this person they aren't being very nice and I'm pretty sure that's against the new guidelines you put forth.

Man you guys should have been here in 2011. Antione de Frenchname being a bit snarky is honestly the most lenient the forums have ever been.

Moderators are not employees of Taleworlds, and even if they were they don't have to be hyperprofessional robots and pretend your complaints about the most lenient moderation system in the world are valid. It's frankly ridiculous to compare an in-game ban vote system to 1984, even as a joke.

Can you guys just stop acting like spoiled children ?

One of the problems what the abscence of guidelines, we all agree with that.

And, tbh, those guidelines are just things you are supposed to already did if you are acting like normal people. Cuz, basically, they are just saying "Don't act like an as****" .

And instead of making proposal to help increase our game you are just doing active war against all TW belongings without making the effort of thinking about what is worth to fight for and what is not.

Screaming and crying againt everything TW is doing without making the effort of ask yourself if it's really a bad decision is not worth at all.

I think putting efforts in asking devs to not punish trolls is not worth at all.

So please just think about what you do and what you say.

And I want to tell TW than, despite the fact you are making us sad about some points, don't listen about those people crying and making scandals evrerytime. There is a majority of silent peoples who have read about the fact this game is in EA and are just trying to enjoy it waiting for the full release.

Cause guys, if all of us start to don't waste TW time about treating with comments all the time maybe the MP could be already out :grin:

To conclude, practice the constructive criticism. NOT the childish one.

Thanks for reading.

Back
Top Bottom