Conan Exiles Announcement

Users who are viewing this thread

AN OPEN-WORLD SURVIVAL GAME
IN THE BRUTAL LANDS OF CONAN THE BARBARIAN

You are an exile, one of thousands cast out to fend for themselves in a barbaric wasteland swept by terrible sandstorms and besieged on every side by enemies. Here you must fight to survive, build and dominate.

Hungry, thirsty and alone, your very first battle is that against the harsh environment. Grow crops or hunt animals for food. Harvest resources to build weapons and tools. Build a shelter to survive. Ride across a vast world and explore alone, or band together with other players to build entire settlements and strongholds to withstand fierce invasions.

When strong enough, march forth into battle and wage war against your enemies as you fight to dominate the exiled lands. Sacrifice enemy players on the altars of the gods and shift the balance of power your way. Unleash your fury in savage, fast-paced combat and execute bloody and bone-crushing attacks that will see heads rolling and limbs flying.

I don't know how I feel about this. Of all the things to make in the Conan universe, an open world survival game seems kind of weird.

I will copy paste my rant that I did in the comment section

''oh for **** sake, of all the things you could do with the Conan universe you guys choose a ****ing open world survival game ? make a goddamn rpg or hack'n slash game in the Conan universe already. Conan is not about a guy chopping trees for a hour and mining for another our so he can build a house.''

Cordor said:
I will copy paste my rant that I did in the comment section

''oh for **** sake, of all the things you could do with the Conan universe you guys choose a ****ing open world survival game ? make a goddamn rpg or hack'n slash game in the Conan universe already. Conan is not about a guy chopping trees for a hour and mining for another our so he can build a house.''

That was you? I upvoted that comment as soon as I read it.

Age of Empires II: The Densetsu said:
The last good Conan thing was from 1982.

I disagree. 2003-2005, when the Del Rey/Wandering Star editions of REH's original stories were released, instead of the crap edited ones by L. Sprague de Camp that we used to have before.

The Conan the Barbarian movie was a good movie. But it wasn't a good Conan movie. There's never been a good Conan movie, and by the looks of things, there never will be.

Untitled. said:
Before this thread I had no idea that there was any other Conan stuff than the movie and that MMORPG or whatever it was, let alone a whole Conan universe.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conan_the_Barbarian#Original_Robert_E._Howard_Conan_stories
I have the collection, first stories are rather short and simple (but enjoyable nonetheless), but as it gained readers the author was able to make them longer and more complex, having at last a book-lenght story. Sadly he barely started the last one :sad:

Llew said:
Scully said:
Surprised Funcom aren't bankrupt yet tbh

They suck amazingly. If any other studio was in charge, I might possibly be interested.
They are Norway's largest dev/pub so they probably get state funding. Been a long time since I've enjoyed one of their games, but people tell me The Secret World, while a commercial flop, was actually a very good game.

Nahkuri said:
How goddamn out of touch are those developers?

About as out of touch as any other developer that decides to make games set in a compelling universe, but doesn't know what genre of game would actually be fitting for it.

Back
Top Bottom