Computer Help

Users who are viewing this thread

We seriously need an official thread for this.

Anyway, my problem is one I've never had before. When running nearly any program while having music playing in the background, anytime the program I'm primarily using increases in usage the music makes a horrible digital, screeching sound. It even happens just clicking links in Firefox, which isn't exactly the most memory intensive program. Also, today I loaded up Minecraft while having Doubletwist open in the background playing, and anytime I moved or anything happened in Minecraft that increased RAM usage it would either glitch with the horrible sound or, sometimes, it'd just play as if it were in slow motion. I recently switched out my ****ty integrated video card for a less ****ty Nvidia 5500 FX, but it did it to a certain degree before that too so I doubt that's the problem. I thought it may be because I am running my audio through my monitor, but that doesn't make any sense to me. Also, it lags on things that shouldn't make it lag at all, like Company of Heroes on lowest settings. Anyway if you have any idea what it could be please tell me. Thanks in advance.

System info:
1.5GB RAM
Nvidia Geforce 5500 FX
Intel P4 3.2 Ghz processor
Windows 7 32bit
If you need any other info just ask.

Back
Top Bottom