Comprehensive List Of Module.ini commands

Users who are viewing this thread

I feel that a full list with explanation was lacking. There was a bit of info here, a bit there, but in no way a full one.
This is what I am trying to do right now.

Still a wip, fell free to step in to correct me or complete data.

I) Module general parameters
1) Versions

module_name# Module name
module_version# Module version number
compatible_module_version# Oldest version number compatible with this one
compatible_single_player_version_no# Version number for the single player part
compatible_multiplayer_version_no# Version number for the multi player part
compatible_with_warband# Unsure
compatible_savegame_module_version# Oldest version number of savegames compatible with this module
works_with_version_max# module.ini doc says "deprecated, use module_version and compatible_savegame_module_version instead"
works_with_version_min# module.ini doc says "deprecated, use module_version and compatible_savegame_module_version instead"

2) Resources loading

load_module_resource# untested, probably a deprecated version of load_mod_resource
load_mod_resource# Load resource files (.brf) localy form the module's Resource folder (gameroot/Modules/Modulename/Resource/)
load_resource_nofast# I don't know
load_resource# Load resource files (.brf) from game's CommonRes (gameroot/CommonRes/)
scan_module_sounds# Scan module files for sounds
scan_module_textures# Scan module files for textures
use_case_insensitive_mesh_searches# if 1 mesh names are not case-sentsitive (Mesh_01 is equivalent to mesh_01), 0 is the opposite (Mesh_01 is different from mesh_01)

3) Content enabling

has_custom_battle# enable/disable custom battle
has_multiplayer# enable/disable multiplayer
has_single_player# enable/disable singleplayer
has_tutorial# enable/disable tutorial

II) World Map parameters
1) Map constants

# I am unsure about theese ones. Is it about the number of tree types? Or does it refer to a specific type?
map_desert_tree_types#
map_steppe_tree_types#
map_snow_tree_types#
map_tree_types#
map_min_elevation# Self-explenatory
map_max_elevation# Self-explenatory
map_river_speed_y# y direction and speed of the waves?
map_river_speed_x# x direction and speed of the waves?
map_river_direction# direction of the foam
map_sea_speed_y# y direction and speed of the waves?
map_sea_speed_x# x direction and speed of the waves?
map_sea_direction# direction of the foam
map_sea_wave_rotation# unsure, module.ini commment says "This is where the tear artefact is visible on the sea."
# min and max coordinates on the map
map_max_x# self-explanatory
map_min_x# self-explanatory
map_max_y# self-explanatory
map_min_y# self-explanatory
map_max_distance# is this the direction of the camera from the map?

2) Time and date parameters

starting_day# self-explanatory
starting_month# self-explanatory
starting_year# self-explanatory
time_multiplier# Speed with which time passes

3) Skills parameters

regulars_xp_multiplier# xp multiplier for regular troops (i.e. not heroes)
hero_xp_multiplier# xp multiplier for heroes
player_xp_multiplier# xp multiplier for the player
player_wounded_treshold# percentage under or equal of which the player is considered wounded
hero_wounded_treshold# percentage under or equal of which a hero is considered wounded
base_companion_limit# max number of companions
track_spotting_multiplier# unsure
skill_prisoner_management_bonus# I gues the same as below but for prisoners??
skill_leadership_bonusblood_multiplier# value multiplied to leadership to get the base max number of men in a party .
weapon_points_per_level# weapon points earned per each level
attribute_points_per_level# attribute points earned per each level
skill_points_per_level# skill points earned per each level
# note for points per level : as it a multiplier, so if you set a value of 0,5 you will get 1 point every two levels
attribute_required_per_skill_level# you can have a maximum of skill level of required_attribue / this (rounded down)
can_run_faster_with_skills# check if you want skills to affect running speed
display_wp_firearms# enable / disable displaying of the firearm weapon skill
display_wp_throwing# enable / disable displaying of the throwing weapon skill
display_wp_crossbows# enable / disable displaying of the crossbows weapon skill
display_wp_archery# enable / disable displaying of the archery weapon skill
display_wp_polearms# enable / disable displaying of the polearms weapon skill
display_wp_two_handed# enable / disable displaying of the two handed weapon skill
display_wp_one_handed# enable / disable displaying of the one handed weapon skill

4) Items parameters

I have no idea why only those two...
timid_modifier_speed_bonus# the speed modifier for the horses that have the "timid" modifier
meek_modifier_speed_bonus# the speed modifier for the horses that have the "meek" modifier

5) Party parameters

auto_compute_party_radius# not sure, apprently it automaticaly calculate the radius of a party
show_party_ids_instead_of_names# self explanatory
use_strict_pathfinding_for_ships# I don't know.

6) Game menus parameters

show_troop_upgrades_button# shows upgrade troop button if properly added

7) Others

show_quest_notes# Unsure
show_faction_color# Show faction color in parties' gui texts
consider_weapon_length_for_weapon_quality# not sure what it affects, is it price or combat worthiness?
has_accessories_for_female# I don't know
disable_disband_on_terrain_type# Unsure, seems to prevent disbanding on certain terrain.
disable_force_leaving_conversations# is it possible to force-leave a conversation or not.
mission_object_prune_time# Unsure
can_adjust_camera_distance# world map?
limit_hair_colors# disallow for excentric hair colors
level_boundary_multiplier# Unsure
auto_create_note_indices# Unsure

III) Battle map
1) Combat parameters

# according to module.ini comments :
# Missiles with damage > shield_penetration_offset + shield_penetration_factor * shield
# will penetrate.

shield_penetration_factor#
shield_penetration_offset#
crush_through_treshold# A ratio, which determine if an attack goes through defence.

# You can modify the damage system by editing the following values:
# The first three values (i.e. soak) determine the amount which will be directly subtracted from damage due to armor.
# The next three values (i.e. reduction) determine the percentage reduction from the damage.
# The same goes for extra_penetration factor. This counts only for weapons that have the flag "itp_extra_penetration"
# Also, the "soak" can be negative, meaning that it will actually ADD to the damage, Not sure about the "reduction",
# though in theory it shloud work the same way, but less violently.

armor_soak_factor_against_blunt# Against blunt type damage
armor_soak_factor_against_pierce# Against pierce type damage
armor_soak_factor_against_cut# Against cut type damage
armor_reduction_factor_against_blunt# Against blunt type damage
armor_reduction_factor_against_pierce# Against pierce type damage
armor_reduction_factor_against_cut# Against cut type damage
extra_penetration_factor_reduction# For extra_penetration
extra_penetration_factor_soak# For extra_penetration

# comment has it this way :
# damage below this will not interrupt melee attacks
# But to which value does it refers to? The damage is compared to what?

damage_interrupt_attack_threshold_mp#
damage_interrupt_attack_threshold#
damage_interrupt_attack_treshold#

couched_lance_damage_multiplier# multiplier to the damage when couching lance
horse_charge_damage_multiplier# multiplier to the damage when the horse bumps into a man
apply_all_ammo_damage_modifiers# if you have multiple ammo types in your slots, it applies all the bonuses on damage.
melee_damage_speed_power# power applied to melee damage, i.e if 1 then damage = damage, if 2 than damage = damage * damage, if 3 then damage = damage * damage * damage, etc...
missile_damage_speed_power# power applied to missile damage, i.e if 1 then damage = damage, if 2 than damage = damage * damage, if 3 then damage = damage * damage * damage, etc...
disable_attack_while_jumping# if 0 one can attack while jumping.
fall_damage_multiplier# multipler that affects teh damage received when an agent has fallen
lance_pike_effect_speed# speed with which the effect is applied?
disable_zoom# if 1 disable the ability to zoom pressing shift

#Napoleonic wars module.ini comment :
# Default value is 0.01 and you can't give anything below this value. If you provide a big value(it seems like 0.5 is enough), you can completely override cancelling effect.
# Not sure what it means

brace_rotation_limit#
no_friendly_fire_for_bots# check if you want the bots not to hurt friendlies
can_reload_while_moving# self explenatory
ai_decide_direction_according_to_damage# if checked the ai will prefer attacking with direction taht has the most damage (say a sword have a thrust of 30 and swings of 20 it will try to thrust more)

2) Battle parameters

battle_size_max# maximum number of men in a battle, defines the max value in the setting's slider
battle_size_min# minimum number of men in a battle, defines the min value in the setting's slid
far_plane_distance# Don't know

3) Physics parameters

air_friction_bullet# Guessing how fast does the projectile slow down
air_friction_arrow# Guessing how fast does the projectile slow down

IV) Other details
1) Features enabling

use_advanced_formation# if 0, in battle it uses warband's native formation system, if 1 uses napoeleonic wars' own. Needs a few things added in order to functiun properly.
can_crouch# Can men crouch? Needs an anim to be added.
use_crossbow_as_firearm# if 0, firearms are independant and use an older way of determining hits, if 1, it uses crossbows system instead.
horses_rear_with_attack# if 1 a horse rears when attacked from the front.
horses_try_running_away# if hurt horses try to run away.
use_phased_reload# if 1 firearms uses a three phases reload, like Napoleonnic Wars
shorter_pistol_aiming# not sure
multiplayer_walk_enabled# if enabled, a player can walk using shift
has_forced_particles# forces items stated as firearms to use the script game_missile_launch, if my memory serves
can_objects_make_sound# Unsure
can_use_scene_props_in_single_player# Unsure

2) Graphical parameters

fix_gamma_on_dx7_operation_colors# Unsure
use_bordered_shadow_sampler# Unsure
add_set_neighbors_to_tangent_flag_to_shader# Unsure
screenshot_format# self-explanatory.
disable_high_hdr# check if you want to disable this

3) Multiplayer parameters

sync_ragdoll_effects# sync all ragdolls movements
sync_block_directions# not sure, does it prevent syncing every block direction and keeps only the pertinent ones?
restrict_attacks_more_in_multiplayer# I Don't know
show_multiplayer_gold# Show gold in multiplayer?

4) Performance and logs

dont_supress_initial_warnings# Unsure
give_performance_warnings# Warn with a message that performances may be degraded because of settings.
use_scene_unloading# Unsure
use_texture_degration_cache# Unsure
reduce_texture_loader_memory_usage# Unsure
disable_moveable_flag_optimization# Unsure
maximum_number_of_notification_messages# Max number of entries displayed on the message log
num_hints# Unsure

5) Savegames

dont_load_regular_troop_inventories# Does the game save inventories for regular troops (i.e. not heroes) or not. IF 0, make sure you start a new game, as it. Also, savegames will be a bit bigger.may crash.

Good initiative, brother!

More than a few of these are completely new information for the community! load_resource_nofast, has_custom_battle, and I'm sure more, are discoveries we can credit directly to you! I'm impressed! What hexeditor did you use to determine engine calls?

However, Remember that Erandill and many others have done something similar in the Modding Guide, with details like expected data type and what engine update it was included on, however, it is based entirely on the module.ini files of all the native engine modules (1.011, WB, VC, NW, WFaS, Caribbean!).

It has its gaps as it is a work in progress and a lot of it is my own speculation. Also, I don't think a PDF was accessible easily until I just now when I uploaded my compiled version from a few month back when I was pecking away at adding entries.

I know this is more accessible though, so here's the Module Guide's descriptions added to your tables

I) Module general parameters
1) Versions

module_name# string, is used for naming your module.
module_version# int, can be used for multiplayer and single player (saved game) module
versioning.
compatible_module_version# int, can be used for multiplayer module versioning.
compatible_single_player_version_no# int, can be used for single player (saved game)
module versioning.
compatible_multiplayer_version_no# int, current multiplayer version, used with
compatible_module_version to determine if a player can connect to a server
compatible_with_warband# boolean, Depreciated, was most likely used to mark original M&B mods that they can be played with M&B Warband, however, skeletal differences and other engine quirks never allowed this to be possible
compatible_savegame_module_version# int, can be used for single player (saved game)
module versioning.
works_with_version_max# module.ini doc says "deprecated, use module_version and compatible_savegame_module_version instead"
works_with_version_min# module.ini doc says "deprecated, use module_version and compatible_savegame_module_version instead"

2) Resources loading

load_module_resource# alternate syntax of load_mod_resource
load_mod_resource# Explicitly tells the engine that this resource (.BRF) exists inside */(modulename)/Resources/ folder. It should result in faster load times.
load_resource_nofast# NEW!, Unknown, doesn't seem to be used in any official module. Maybe loads the resource in a way that takes longer, but loads more fully? Needs testing.
load_resource# Tells the engine that this resource (.BRF) exists in either
the */CommonRes/ or */(module-name)/Resources/ folders. It doesn’t seem to add
to a much longer load times, but it more inefficent than telling the engine where to look.
scan_module_sounds# boolean, Determines if the engine will scan the module’s /Sounds/ folder.
scan_module_textures# boolean, Determines if the engine will scan the module’s */Textures/ folder.
use_case_insensitive_mesh_searches# boolean, determines if your module allows case
insensitive references to mesh names i.e. sword_a and Sword_a being treated as the same
reference.

3) Content enabling

has_custom_battle# NEW!, boolean, determines if Custom Battle appears on the main menu.
has_multiplayer# boolean, determines if Multiplayer appears on the main menu.
has_single_player# boolean, determines if New Game and Load Game appear on main
menu.
has_tutorial# boolean, determines if Tutorial appears on the main menu.

II) World Map parameters
1) Map constants
# Gonna be real, I have no idea how the game determines which trees go on which terrain. My guess is it looks at the total tree types (map_tree_types) and then loads then uses the other variables in some order like desert then steppe then snow, to determine which trees appear on which terrain, then determines what appears on plains etc based on what's left over. I will try to remember to research the TLD files to see what they did.
map_desert_tree_types# int, should be the number of tree types that appear on the desert terrain, this might be used to determine which trees appear as well
map_steppe_tree_types# int, should be the number of tree types that appear on the steppe terrain, this might be used to determine which trees appear as well
map_snow_tree_types# int, should be the number of tree types that appear on the snow terrain, this might be used to determine which trees appear as well
map_tree_types# int, should tell the engine how many different tree types exist to use on terrain, use meshes map_tree_a through map_tree_r on for map trees
map_min_elevation# float, sets the minimum distance the camera can be from the terrain
in the world map.
map_max_elevation# float, sets the maximum distance the camera can be from the
terrain in the world map.
map_river_speed_y# float, used to determine the flow speed on the y-axis of the river
shader for the world map.
map_river_speed_x# float, used to determine the flow speed on the x-axis of the river
map_river_direction# int, angle used to determine the flow direction of the river shader
for the world map.
map_sea_speed_y# float, used to determine the flow speed on the y-axis of the ocean
map_sea_speed_x# float, used to determine the flow speed on the x-axis of the ocean
map_sea_direction# int, angle, sea wave foam direction
map_sea_wave_rotation# int, angle, module.ini comment says "This is where the tear artefact is visible on the sea."
map_max_x# int, determines the western bounds of the world map. The map can continue
past this, but parties will not be able to travel past this boundary.
map_min_x# int, determines the eastern bounds of the world map. The map can continue
past this, but parties will not be able to travel past this boundary.
map_max_y# int, determines the southern bounds of the world map. The map can
continue past this, but parties will not be able to travel past this boundary.
map_min_y# int, determines the northern bounds of the world map. The map can
continue past this, but parties will not be able to travel past this boundary.
map_max_distance# float, maximum number of map units units the camera can move away from the map *testing needed

2) Time and date parameters

starting_day# Depreciated, int, use game_get_date_text instead
starting_month# Depreciated, int, use game_get_date_text
starting_year# Depreciated, int, use game_get_date_text
time_multiplier# float, speed with which time passes on the map screen *speculation

3) Skills parameters

regulars_xp_multiplier# float, sets the xp multiplier regular troops gain by killing an enemy (max 10, perhaps 15).
hero_xp_multiplier# float, sets the xp multiplier heroes gain by killing an enemy (max 10, perhaps 15).
player_xp_multiplier# float, sets the xp multiplier the player gains by killing an enemy
(max 10, perhaps 15).
player_wounded_treshold# int, determines the minimum percentage of hitpoints a player must have to appear in battles and contribute to party skills.
hero_wounded_treshold# int, determines the minimum percentage of hitpoints needed for heroes to appear in battles and contribute to party skills.
base_companion_limit# int, maximum amount of companions in the player party
track_spotting_multiplier# float, multiplier used against scouting skill to determine if the party can see party tracks *speculation
skill_prisoner_management_bonus# int, multiplier that determines the number of prisoners the prisoner management skill provides
skill_leadership_bonus# int, value multiplied to leadership to get the base max number of men in a party .
weapon_points_per_level# VC, int, sets how many weapon proficiency points are gained per level.
attribute_points_per_level# VC, float, sets how many attribute points are gained
per level (VC), 0.125 in Native(?).
attribute_required_per_skill_level# VC, int, as part of the VC new leveling system, 3
in Native
skill_points_per_level# VC, int, sets how many skill points are gained per level.
# note for points per level : as it a multiplier, so if you set a value of 0,5 you will get 1 point every two levelsBased on this, should we check if the points per level are all floats?
attribute_required_per_skill_level# VC, int, as part of the VC new leveling system, 3
in Native (you can have a maximum of skill level of required_attribue / this (rounded down) according to Vjeffae)
can_run_faster_with_skills# boolean, determines if agility/skill affect running speed.
display_wp_firearms# boolean, determines whether or not the weapons proficiency, firearms, will appear in the module.
display_wp_throwing# NEW!, boolean, determines whether or not the weapons proficiency, throwing, will appear in the module.
display_wp_crossbows# NEW!, boolean, determines whether or not the weapons proficiency, crossbows, will appear in the module.
display_wp_archery# NEW!, boolean, determines whether or not the weapons proficiency, archery, will appear in the module.
display_wp_polearms# NEW!, boolean, determines whether or not the weapons proficiency, polearms, will appear in the module.
display_wp_two_handed# NEW!, boolean, determines whether or not the weapons proficiency, two handed, will appear in the module.
display_wp_one_handed# NEW!, boolean, determines whether or not the weapons proficiency, one handed, will appear in the module.

4) Items parameters

I have no idea why only those two...
timid_modifier_speed_bonus# float, the speed modifier for the horses that have the "timid" modifier
meek_modifier_speed_bonus# the speed modifier for the horses that have the "meek" modifier

5) Party parameters

auto_compute_party_radius# VC, boolean, uses the party icon model to determine party radius. Especially important for modules with large town icons as it allows parties to interact with them in expected locations, as opposed to the center of the icon.
seeing_range# float, determines the default seeing range of a party on the world map
show_party_ids_instead_of_names# boolean, determines if a party’s id value is shown
above them instead of their name. Change to 1 for ease in module development.
use_strict_pathfinding_for_ships# VC, boolean, keeps ships on route while at sea for sea-to-sea routes.

6) Game menus parameters

show_troop_upgrades_button# VC, boolean, determines if the mod shows the Native
troop upgrade button.

7) Others

show_quest_notes# boolean, determine if notes appear on the quest screen.
show_faction_color# boolean, determines if party names will have faction color
consider_weapon_length_for_weapon_quality# VC, boolean, makes agents take into
account a weapon’s length when choosing weapon selection (This was my speculation. Earendil and I discussed the truth behind this, but I can't find the conversation rn)
has_accessories_for_female# boolean, allows the mod to use the beard slot in character creation for accessories on female troops such as jewelry. No examples are found in Native.
disable_disband_on_terrain_type# VC, boolean, used to insure parties cannor disband
on certain tiles (Like passable water)
disable_force_leaving_conversations# VC, boolean, disables the TAB end in conversations.
mission_object_prune_time# int, seconds required before an scene_prop like a fired
arrow is removed from the scene
can_adjust_camera_distance# boolean, determines if the player can use numpad + and
numpad - to adjust the default camera position
limit_hair_colors# boolean, should allow face codes to break the expected range of hair colors of a specific face type. *speculation
level_boundary_multiplier# VC, float, sets the multiplier for EXP needed for troop to
upgrade
auto_create_note_indices# boolean, determines whether or not automatically search through all troops/factions/towns to check if they have note text.

III) Battle map
1) Combat parameters

# Missiles with damage > shield_penetration_offset + shield_penetration_factor * shield
# will penetrate.

shield_penetration_factor# float, used in conjunction with shield_penetration_offset to determine if a missile can penetrate a shield.
shield_penetration_offset# missiles with (damage > shield_penetration_offset
+ shield_penetration_factor * shield) will penetrate a shield and cause damage to the wielder.
crush_through_treshold# float, determines how much damage is required to crush through
overhead blocks on weapons with the appropriate flag itp_crush_through

# You can modify the damage system by editing the following values:
# The first three values (i.e. soak) determine the amount which will be directly subtracted from damage due to armor.
# The next three values (i.e. reduction) determine the percentage reduction from the damage.
# The same goes for extra_penetration factor. This counts only for weapons that have the flag "itp_extra_penetration"
# Also, the "soak" can be negative, meaning that it will actually ADD to the damage, Not sure about the "reduction",

# though in theory it should work the same way, but less violently.
armor_soak_factor_against_blunt# float, determines the amount which will be directly
subtracted from blunt damage due to armor.
armor_soak_factor_against_pierce# float, determines the amount which will be directly
subtracted from pierce damage due to armor.
armor_soak_factor_against_cut# float, determines the amount which will be directly
subtracted from cut damage due to armor.
armor_reduction_factor_against_blunt# float, determines the percentage reduction
from the blunt damage.
armor_reduction_factor_against_pierce# float, determines the percentage reduction
from the pierce damage.
armor_reduction_factor_against_cut# float, determines the percentage reduction from
the cut damage.
extra_penetration_factor_reduction# float, used in conjunction with itp_extra_penetration to determine at what level extra penetration is reduced by armor. In Native no extra penetration flags are set, so set to ’1.0’ to keep them ineffective.
extra_penetration_factor_soak# 1.0 float, used in conjunction with itp_extra_penetration to determine at what level extra penetration is soaked by armor. In Native no extra penetration flags are set, so set to ’1.0’ to keep them ineffective.

# comment has it this way :
# damage below this will not interrupt melee attacks
# But to which value does it refers to? The damage is compared to what?

damage_interrupt_attack_threshold_mp# float, damage below this will not interrupt melee attacks in multiplayer
damage_interrupt_attack_threshold# float, damage below this will not interrupt melee attacks

couched_lance_damage_multiplier# float, determines how much additional damage
a couched lance will do. (Native 0.65)
horse_charge_damage_multiplier# float, used to scale the charge damage inflicted by
horses when ramming into human agents.
apply_all_ammo_damage_modifiers#VC, boolean, allows all ammo to apply Blunt/Sharp/
Cutting modifier damage. * my Speculation
if you have multiple ammo types in your slots, it applies all the bonuses on damage. *Vjeffae Speculation
melee_damage_speed_power# float, setting speed_power to 2.0 makes damage scale
with the square of weapon’s speed. You can set it to 1.0 to make it scale linearly.
missile_damage_speed_power# float, setting speed_power to 2.0 makes damage scale
with the square of missile’s speed. You can set it to 1.0 to make it scale linearly.
disable_attack_while_jumping# boolean, determines if agents are disabled from making
attacks while jumping
fall_damage_multiplier# float, used to determine how much damage is applied from
falling.
lance_pike_effect_speed# float, speed with which the effect is applied?
disable_zoom# boolean, determines whether or not the player can use ’shift’ to narrow the camera’s field of vision.

#Napoleonic wars module.ini comment :
# Default value is 0.01 and you can't give anything below this value. If you provide a big value(it seems like 0.5 is enough), you can completely override cancelling effect.
# Not sure what it means

brace_rotation_limit# float, seems to be used for rotation speed limiting while bracing spears in NW. *speculation
no_friendly_fire_for_bots# boolean, determines if AI agents in Mutiplayer can cause
friendly fire.
can_reload_while_moving# boolean, determines if agent can reload crossbows and firearms while running/walking. Does not affect horseback.
ai_decide_direction_according_to_damage# VC, boolean, apparently when set to 1, the AI will take into consideration what each directional attack’s damage will be when deciding what attack to use * OP and my Speculation
AI will determine movement direction based on most recently received damage * Earendil speculation

2) Battle parameters

battle_size_max# VC, int, maximum battle size for module.
battle_size_min# VC, int, minimum battle size for module.
far_plane_distance# float, the amount of units (in centimeters) that the render plane
extends out from the camera inside of scenes, default is 1250 cm.

3) Physics parameters

air_friction_bullet# float, allows us to set the drag coefficient, but specifically on
missiles shot by firearms. 0.002 is Native
air_friction_arrow# float, allows us to set the drag coefficient. 0.002 is Native

IV) Other details
1) Features enabling

use_advanced_formation# NW, boolean, if 0, in battle it uses warband's native formation system, if 1 uses NW's advanced formations. Needs a few things added in order to function properly.
can_crouch# boolean, determines if human agents can crouch, requires animations to be added for upper body
use_crossbow_as_firearm# boolean, mostly depreciated, used for a workaround in older
mods where itp_crossbow was used instead of itp_musket and itp_pistol
horses_rear_with_attack# boolean, determines if horses rear upon being struck with
enough damage.
horses_try_running_away# boolean, determines if riderless horse agents will try to get
away from aggressive agents.
use_phased_reload# NW, boolean, determines if reloading is to be done in three phases as used in NW.
shorter_pistol_aiming# VC, boolean, should shorten time to perfect aim exclusively for itp_pistol *speculation
multiplayer_walk_enabled# boolean, determines if the players on a multiplayer server
can use shift to walk instead of run. Important for NW style line battles.
has_forced_particles# boolean, allows the mod to ’force’ particles. Should be used in instances where turning off particle effects would give undue benefit to a player, such as thick musket smoke. * speculation
can_objects_make_sound# boolean, determines if scene_props can emit sounds inside a
scene
can_use_scene_props_in_single_player# boolean, determines if singleplayer agents
can interact with scene_props like in multiplayer.

2) Graphical parameters

blood_multiplier# int, used by engine to determine number of particles released on strike with any non-blunt weapon.
fix_gamma_on_dx7_operation_colors# NEW! Shader Parameter, No Native Example. Should be used by shaders in DX7 mode to correct gamma info passed along by INPUT_TEX_GAMMA(***) to balance lighting.
use_bordered_shadow_sampler# NEW! Shader Parameter, No Native Example. Should change the shadow sampler shader to add a border. Not sure what that would entail though.
add_set_neighbors_to_tangent_flag_to_shader# NEW! Shader Parameter, No Native Example. Appears to pass along information about neighboring faces tangents. I'd assume.
screenshot_format# NEW! No Native Example. Should allow modders to set screenshot file format when pressing F12, unsure supported formats, needs testing
disable_high_hdr# boolean, if set to ’1’ disables high HDR effects in the module

3) Multiplayer parameters

sync_ragdoll_effects# boolean, determines if ragdolls are synced between client and server.
sync_block_directions# boolean, determines if block directions are synced between client
and server. * my speculation
not sure, does it prevent syncing every block direction and keeps only the pertinent ones? * op speculation
restrict_attacks_more_in_multiplayer# boolean, forces a more restricting attacking
method in multiplayer. Should be able to keep spamming and feinting to a minimum?
show_multiplayer_gold# boolean, determines if the player’s gold is shown in multiplayer.

4) Performance and logs

dont_supress_initial_warnings# NEW! Boolean, should be set to 0 for debugging purposes and 1 for public releases. It should be used to hide loading warning for modules. * speculation
give_performance_warnings# boolean, gives warnings of potentially performance intensive scenes. Edit mode should be enabled for this. * Modding guide speculation

Warn with a message that performances may be degraded because of settings. * OP speculation
use_scene_unloading# VC, boolean, I seem to recall seeing discussion about this unloading scenes when loading a new one, important for maximizing ram space when in large scenes where you cannot bounce to other scenes quickly. May increase load times when going from say Tavern > Town Center > Tavern very quickly.
use_texture_degration_cache# boolean, should improve loading times but generates cache files.
reduce_texture_loader_memory_usage# boolean, should improve loading time by making
it multithread.
disable_moveable_flag_optimization# boolean, assign ’1’ for moveable physics on all
scene props; no sokf_moveable flag will be needed
maximum_number_of_notification_messages# VC, int, number of messages in battle.
Common 10
num_hints# int, total number of hints visible on the *** screen.
supports_directx_7# boolean, determines if your module supports directx7 mode. Necessary for very old PCs.

5) Savegames

dont_load_regular_troop_inventories# Boolean, determines if the game save inventories for regular troops (i.e. not heroes). Also, savegames will be a bit bigger.may crash.

I re-added a few variables that were passed over as well.
EDIT: Removed the quote, it was interacting with the spoiler in unexpected ways.

Last edited:
This is great. We should be grateful for all the customization and operations that Napoleonic Wars and Viking Conquest brought to the table. I don't think half of these Module.ini entries were even present in 1.011 or early-ish Warband versions.

The Last Days has been struggling with Warband's HDR being set to high for years, and our solution until now was to warn about it in the option itself. Props to InVain for finding a better solution with the disable_high_hdr stuff, and you, for making a comprehensive list. :party:

I think mission_object_prune_time is the time in seconds after which items dropped on the ground disappear.

far_plane_distance is the distance(in meters) until which the outer terrain renders. It's useful if you want to use better outer terrains that span far into the distance, you can set far_plane_distance = 10000 or something.

Last edited:
apply_all_ammo_damage_modifiers#VC, boolean, allows all ammo to apply Blunt/Sharp/
Cutting modifier damage. * my Speculation
if you have multiple ammo types in your slots, it applies all the bonuses on damage. *Vjeffae Speculation

I tested both of these and it doesn't seem to do either. It doesn't seem to do anything as far as I can tell. Maybe it allows for imod damage modifiers on ammo types?

Back
Top Bottom