Compound Formations and Designate Charge Points

Users who are viewing this thread

Just a couple ideas that I believe might add some more enjoyement and efficiency to in-battle tactics that I thought of based off my experiences in the game.

Compound formations could be designated during or before battle essentially allowing divisions of units to be grouped together and controlled in a combined formation similar to early total war games. Its a pain when you have to order archers and infantry individually into position adn then as they are in transit to that lcoation the archers almost always run in front of the infantry due to their higher athletics and are therefore exposes. A compund formation which grouped archer ad infantry divisions into always maintaining a tight formation with archers behind infantry when relocation; or even slightly more complex and weaving the archers in between infantry lines allowing them to fire through shield wall formations.

The ability to designate a charge point would also be useful, particularly when ordering a cavalry change. Even if you've directed your cavalry to an enemy flank by the follow me command, upon ordering charge they will charge at the nearest units which can often me nearby enemy cavalry or skirmishers which are detached from the main formation you want them to charge into. If you could designate a charge point with a system simialr to the flag mechanic in the hold position command then you could channel your cavalry charge into a single weak point in the enemy formation.

Just a couple of ideas/suggestions, any thoughts are appreciated

Charge a point would be ideal.

Compound formation would ease up management in battle but a retreat to rally at point would also be very handy to use the ranged as skirmishers then fall back behind the infantry.

Charge a point would be ideal.

Compound formation would ease up management in battle but a retreat to rally at point would also be very handy to use the ranged as skirmishers then fall back behind the infantry.
charge points needed to be put in 4 games ago. so dumb. also, should have a charge and regroup function - or charge 'thru' (like an arrow drag where the horses should end, so they dont stop or something in a melee.)

Back
Top Bottom