Completely kill off main factions

Users who are viewing this thread

SonOfUhtred

Recruit
Is this possible? Caladog has no holdings but is now just roaming around and raiding all of my little towns and killing villagers (very rude, these used to be his people!). Execute them all? Or what.

Yeah you can kill them and make everyone mad (vassals can leave) or just ignore them. No clue what TW thinks the player should be doing but you can't recruit all the clans, they won't defect to you and they won't ever leave the game so.....

No clue what TW thinks the player should be doing but you can't recruit all the clans, they won't defect to you and they won't ever leave the game so.....
I vaguely remember a dev responding that they were working on faction destruction and the possibility of new factions appearing, so at last there might be light at the end of the (for some odd reason, very long) tunnel.

I vaguely remember a dev responding that they were working on faction destruction and the possibility of new factions appearing, so at last there might be light at the end of the (for some odd reason, very long) tunnel.
I would love that. Seems like I'm just gonna need to step away from the game for a bit and let it mature before spending 100s more hours just to restart every patch drop.

Yes, that would be soo good. New factions appearing sounds interesting, else it's always the player that does things which isn't necessarily bad but npc's doing things also improves world aliveness...

Yes, that would be soo good. New factions appearing sounds interesting, else it's always the player that does things which isn't necessarily bad but npc's doing things also improves world aliveness...
Just to be clear, this is from a discussion I vaguely remember about a dev entertaining this idea. There is a possibility of this being added with the addition of claimants and civil wars (if the AI can become/support claimants without the player's intervention) but it is by no means certain or even confirmed. Hell, there's also a chance that my memory's playing tricks on me and that no such discussion even happened in the first place.

How the claimant quest is going to work if designed by the current Dev team:

1. Open dialogue with NPC claiming to be the rightful heir to the throne and agree to do the mission.

2. Chase down and open dialogue with X number of other lords of the faction and either convince them or pay them to vote in favour of new heir, similar to the barter mechanic.

3. Vote takes place, new heir elected and previous leader vanishes from game.

4. 4000 denars pocketed.

1. Open dialogue with NPC claiming to be the rightful heir to the throne and agree to do the mission.

2. Chase down and open dialogue with X number of other lords of the faction and either convince them or pay them to vote in favour of new heir, similar to the barter mechanic.

3. Vote takes place, new heir elected and previous leader vanishes from game.

4. 4000 denars pocketed.
Don't give them ideas! (if they wouldn't already make it this way) 😅

3. Vote takes place
I know you're being sarcastic, but going through these steps for implementing/revoking kingdom policies and kicking clans out would unironically make the intra-kingdom politics much better.

Back
Top Bottom