Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
e1.6.4
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
Yes, but I removed mods.
Summary: Graphics of UI in inventory screen are completely broken. The UI works and the buttons are where they should be I just can't see a thing.
How to Reproduce: No idea. It started a couple of versions back (IIRC 1.6.something) after I migrated to a new PC with a different OS (the old PC ran Win 7). First, the game kept crashing on launch, I somehow fixed it, then this issue appeared and it's always like this since. I tried to verify game files and even re-download the whole game. I tried switching from borderless to fullscreen to windowed. Nothing helps. I would like to restart all config files, but I'm not sure how can I do that.
Have you used cheats and if so which: None
Media (Screenshots & Video): A screenshot from new save 1.6.4 beta with no mods
dgNyZIB.jpg

Computer Specs:
GPU: RTX 3070Ti
GPU Driver Version: 496.13
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-10400F
RAM: 16GB
Motherboard: Z490
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): nvme SSD

Can you try deleting the contents of "C:\ProgramData\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\Shaders" and "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\Modules\Native\TileSets\pages" folders and verifying your game files?

Can you try deleting the files below and verify the game files again?
"steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\Modules\Native\AssetPackages\gauntlet_ui.tpac" and "\steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\Modules\SandBox\AssetPackages\gauntlet_ui.tpac"

I'd just like to add that I'm having the same issue since e1.6.4. I've tried the proposed solutions, but no luck there.

Interestingly this update did fix another visual glitch. Before, my character and smithy screen were all messed up.
Where it gets really interesting is in that last week I had a mild save game corruption where the character and smithy screen were fine, but the inventory and clan screens were messed up like they are now. I then made a new save and loaded that to find it back to just the character and smithy screens being glitched out. Loading a new save does not help now.

Could you try searching the games installation folder (steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord" and deleting every file named "spritedata"? You can try searching the folder for this. After the deletion you can verify the game files to re-download them.

Could you try searching the games installation folder (steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord" and deleting every file named "spritedata"? You can try searching the folder for this. After the deletion you can verify the game files to re-download them.
It found three.
SpriteData.xml
SandBoxSpriteData.xml
NativeSpriteData.xml
Didn't help.
It seems unlikely re-downloading files from the game folder will help since I already re-downloaded the whole game as I already said in the OP...

OK downloading 1.6.5 beta seems to have solved the issue...
EDIT: Now the party screen has issues... I'll post a screenshot later...

Last edited:
Hey guys I had this problem as well and found a resolution that worked for me (tried 2-3 and only this worked but milage may vary) and seeing as there are no comprehensive guides on it I thought id try to contribute a potential solution!
  1. The first thing you want to do is uninstall the game through steam. (Right-click and then Uninstall)
  2. Open your file browser and navigate to your mount and blade Bannerlord folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord) "But Wicked I just uninstalled!" Yes, you did, but sometimes there are lingering files and dumps steam likes to leave behind to make sure some settings save or other technical whatnot (I don't make games just enjoy them).
  3. Delete the Bannerlord folder from there and empty the recycle bin.
  4. Finally re-install Bannerlord.
this process should clean any artifacts from possible modding or updating that is causing this UI bug. and currently the only thing I had that worked as a solution for me. but please keep adding info if it didn't help as this all helps TW get to the bottom of this and resolve it if it is a product defect.

Hey guys I had this problem as well and found a resolution that worked for me (tried 2-3 and only this worked but milage may vary) and seeing as there are no comprehensive guides on it I thought id try to contribute a potential solution!
  1. The first thing you want to do is uninstall the game through steam. (Right-click and then Uninstall)
  2. Open your file browser and navigate to your mount and blade Bannerlord folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord) "But Wicked I just uninstalled!" Yes, you did, but sometimes there are lingering files and dumps steam likes to leave behind to make sure some settings save or other technical whatnot (I don't make games just enjoy them).
  3. Delete the Bannerlord folder from there and empty the recycle bin.
  4. Finally re-install Bannerlord.
this process should clean any artifacts from possible modding or updating that is causing this UI bug. and currently the only thing I had that worked as a solution for me. but please keep adding info if it didn't help as this all helps TW get to the bottom of this and resolve it if it is a product defect.
Yes! You're correct! This helped.

Hi, I will mark the issue as resolved. If you encounter the same one in the latest version, please let me know. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom