Complete lack of Immersion

Users who are viewing this thread

After dozens of hours of playing i finally understood that "clan roles" are in fact "party roles"...

I was expecting far more from clan/vassality system, like you have to follow your liege into campaign if he ask you or special task he orders you. There is no real vassality system in Bannerlord everybody is vassal of the king when it would have been very fun trying to up your lord rank through vassality. Most of the time even if you were a great warrior the most important thing to up your rank in nobility was mariage or conquest or being the only heir of different powerfull families. Mariage in Bannerlord is a joke for now. Also the fact that you can play Bannerlord for several life times could let you try to use different mariages to up your rank in nobility: you start as a lower noble and your grandson is king.

Completely agree, for all I care they could've ripped off CK2 1:1 with that system...Such a missed opportunity!

Sometimes i wonder how people in TW feel when modders beat them in their own game. But yeah, waiting for mood tools and those big overhaul mods. Then it will be amazing. Now is just good.

You mean modders created game better then developers? Ah, they did not. They did not create any game, hence why they are called modders and not developers. They can only improve on work done by developers.

This is not to diminish value of work of modders, many of whom are very talented people. But saying that modders "beat" developers in their own game just shows how little you understand about both developing and modding a game. Those things are not even in the same class.

You mean modders created game better then developers? Ah, they did not. They did not create any game, hence why they are called modders and not developers. They can only improve on work done by developers.

This is not to diminish value of work of modders, many of whom are very talented people. But saying that modders "beat" developers in their own game just shows how little you understand about both developing and modding a game. Those things are not even in the same class.
I agree, but at the moment they beat TW when it comes down to QOL features which TW could easily add with a patch. And I don´t understand why TW doesn´t do it, they can make QOL stuff even optional if not everyone likes it.

Two examples would be those simple mods which I like:

They have zero gameplay impact, it´s just QOL stuff. And those mods exists for months now. There is nothing that needs to be balanced when they add stuff like this.

Wrong.
Many modders ARE developers of their own indie games themselves. Modders created Mount and Musket and Brytenwalda by implementing huge amount of features, including previously non-exsisting animations, that the base game never had.
Then TaleWorlds made them into DLCs (, giving modders credits as "external DEVELOPERS".
Now those features are included in Bannerlord and are looked as "improvement" over Warband, but wouldn't even be in their tought process if there wasn't for those developers modding their first title.
You can check the new upcoming game (made from scratch) by the team that made Brythenwalda (later known as Viking Conquest DLC).
"Beating" in this situation means a single mod being played more than the Native, which is very possible, especially considering the road Bannerlord is heading, a casual shallow game with a fake mask of depth.

Modders created Mount and Musket and Brytenwalda by implementing huge amount of features, including previously non-exsisting animations, that the base game never had.
While this is true, there are like how many modders? I mean there are a lot of very small, but still good, mods. I don´t think that most modders are developers themselves but only very few of them.

After lords are defeated, within 4-5 in game days they again attack with same quality and quantity troops. why?
Why so fast? how they manage to gather 3-5 tier fresh troops even 6 tier sometimes.
Played some BL yesterday and this is extremely frustrating. In my game, the khuzaits were at war with every faction and yet they still were able to maintain their original fiefs and take 2 fiefs from Sturgia even though sturgia was only at war with the khuzaits. I kid you not.

At one point I destroyed 2 death stacks (retreat cheese + archers) and the week after, again, I kid you not, they comeback with more men (How the F?). Its amazing how quick the khuzaits can conjure up massive armies that move at mach speed. Its just bloody ridiculous. You cant even genocide the whole khuzaits because the whole of calradia will hate you and you get a crappy trait....then I remembered why I stopped playing.

See that's the thing, even if you had plenty of fun immersive peace time activities to do, by the time you take 1 month off from fighting, the khuzaits would be doing their usual steamrolling which forces you to participate in endless fighting to keep the Khuzaits at bay. I hope the next patch has something to address this issue.

Party screen enhancements is a must have! And should just be "copied" into Bannerlord.

About modders and developpers it's not exactly the same ting but it happens very talented modders become developers, maybe also sometime some developers make some mods on other games just for fun?

The Khuzaits are quite OP, "historically" they should be almost only cavalry armies, i don't know if this would make them even more OP or not. Also you can always balance things like that with less population in steppes regions, Khuzait regions should be lower in population so harder to recruit huge armies than wealthy regions. You can also seperate Khuzaits into different same culture factions. In the first blogs (years ago) they were saying at least Battanians and Khuzaits were several little kingdoms and clans attacking all together the empire but also fighting each others sometimes.

Last edited:
Wrong.
Many modders ARE developers of their own indie games themselves.

So they are developers.

Modders created Mount and Musket and Brytenwalda by implementing huge amount of features,

Both are nothing but large MB mods.

including previously non-exsisting animations, that the base game never had.

So what?

Then TaleWorlds made them into DLCs (, giving modders credits as "external DEVELOPERS".

Fancy name for modders.

Now those features are included in Bannerlord and are looked as "improvement" over Warband, but wouldn't even be in their tought process if there wasn't for those developers modding their first title.
You can check the new upcoming game (made from scratch) by the team that made Brythenwalda (later known as Viking Conquest DLC).
"Beating" in this situation means a single mod being played more than the Native, which is very possible, especially considering the road Bannerlord is heading, a casual shallow game with a fake mask of depth.

You know this is all fine and well, but also completely besides the point. Developing a game and modding it are two very different things that are nowhere near the same level of complexity and difficulty. Modders doesn't face anywhere near the same challenges that developers do. They don't face time limits, they don't face financial restrains, they have no responsibility for product they make, so they can, and often do release broken stuff and at the end they still just reuse something that developers have already made.

Saying that "modders beat developers in their own game" is like saying that borrowing car from a BMV manufacturer and then tuning it is "beating Mercedes in their own game". It's outright idiotic.

And the most ridiculous part of it is that this empty bragging rarely comes from modders, it comes from people who newer done any modding to begin with, nor do they have idea how it's done.

You know this is all fine and well, but also completely besides the point. Developing a game and modding it are two very different things that are nowhere near the same level of complexity and difficulty. Modders doesn't face anywhere near the same challenges that developers do. They don't face time limits, they don't face financial restrains, they have no responsibility for product they make, so they can, and often do release broken stuff and at the end they still just reuse something that developers have already made.

Saying that "modders beat developers in their own game" is like saying that borrowing car from a BMV manufacturer and then tuning it is "beating Mercedes in their own game". It's outright idiotic.

And the most ridiculous part of it is that this empty bragging rarely comes from modders, it comes from people who newer done any modding to begin with, nor do they have idea how it's done.

+ Modders don´t develope their own engine

+ Modders don´t develope their own engine

Well, developers sometimes also do not develop their own engine, there are commercially available engines for sale, and even free ones. But yes, modders don't create underlying systems of the game. And those are the more difficult, larger and more important part. Computer program is like a iceberg. What user/player see through the interface is just top above the waterline. The larger part on which that top sits is hidden below.

While this is true, there are like how many modders? I mean there are a lot of very small, but still good, mods. I don´t think that most modders are developers themselves but only very few of them.

This may not have been true when warband first released, but nowadays the process of modding is so complex that if you learn how to mod a modern game, you could probably make one from scratch. That's what a lot of people are now doing, myself included. This is why I don't think there are going to be as many overhaul mods for bannerlord.

If you saw warband's code you wouldn't be saying this. It's absolutely rife with bugs and poor coding practice. Modders went through and fixed almost all of it, and it's this base that most mods use.
Even some "professional" games are like this. Just because modders are random guys off the internet, doesn't mean that they aren't sometimes better coders than actual paid developers.

Well this has derailed in a bit of a silly argument, the last time i checked, for example writers and artists are developers at TaleWorlds too, not less important than any other.
You rarely have a web programmer, game programmer, 2D artist, 3D artists, level designer and a writer/researcher all in a one same person (at least not nearly as equally proefficiencient in every area).

Modders are "beating" the original company in their own game only then when they make their mod more popular than the vanilla (Native in this case) game, and that happens when the outer shell of the game has only the potential, but the actual features are lackluster, more so if they are expressed to be intentionally so, with explanaitions such as "it caters to the new players" etc.

Hopefully it won't happen to Bannerlord, and we will see a nice amount of total conversion mods, MP mods, but at most equally or little less popular than Native.

Warband was very unique and was that game stood out at it's time. And then there is the modding enthusiasm which lead to the de facto "Game for Mods M&B:W" as we know it today. If we judge it now ofc it seems simple and unsatisfying, but at the time it was inspiring. It never is perfect, but it never was incomplete nor unfinished. There were potentials but those are not in the structure itself but more of extension.

To say the game was alive and great only because of mods is not true. Mods are here to celebrate a great game not to complete it. Shinning jewels of mods for Warband are those total conversion mods.

We can't just wait for modding tools. This game can't as well.

This video very well explained what is going on with gaming and why at the moment (and its an old video). It was in my recomended 2 days ago.
Sad thing is, i recognize this in the rethoric used for Bannerlord - "it would be too complex for the new players" :neutral:

Yes, he makes very good points too.

Party screen enhancements is a must have! And should just be "copied" into Bannerlord.
I believe they are considering some of these things. There are other things they must consider before implementing them:
Internally we're having discussions about this aspect of the party screen. We're aware it's a friction point in the user experience and discussing solutions. It's in early stages so when we have something more concrete I'll share them with you.
Currently the order of troops in party screen affects the mission side spawning and positioning. So we don't want to implement a feature that would disrupt how players were playing previously, without also implementing a solution for it. So that's the reason we haven't yet implemented a sort feature in party screen.

Quite a lot of headhache for such simple feature to implement o_O Thanks for the info @Bannerman Man!
No problem!

Before TW changes things, they have to consider how it affects the average player's user experience and what consequences that might have. That's something modders don't really have to account for, because there is an implicit understanding by those that download a mod that they already know how it will change their experience, and that they can always remove it if they don't like it (opting in/opting out).

Played some BL yesterday and this is extremely frustrating. In my game, the khuzaits were at war with every faction and yet they still were able to maintain their original fiefs and take 2 fiefs from Sturgia even though sturgia was only at war with the khuzaits. I kid you not.

At one point I destroyed 2 death stacks (retreat cheese + archers) and the week after, again, I kid you not, they comeback with more men (How the F?). Its amazing how quick the khuzaits can conjure up massive armies that move at mach speed. Its just bloody ridiculous. You cant even genocide the whole khuzaits because the whole of calradia will hate you and you get a crappy trait....then I remembered why I stopped playing.

See that's the thing, even if you had plenty of fun immersive peace time activities to do, by the time you take 1 month off from fighting, the khuzaits would be doing their usual steamrolling which forces you to participate in endless fighting to keep the Khuzaits at bay. I hope the next patch has something to address this issue.
It happens because lords are using their garrisons to reload. I agree that it's bs, but what I find more frustrating is how easy lords escape. I don't feel like lords should be able to held forever but a week or 2 is long enough to give the player a breather, but I've had lords escape in 2 days and that's while in a dungeon. :xf-mad:

It happens because lords are using their garrisons to reload. I agree that it's bs, but what I find more frustrating is how easy lords escape. I don't feel like lords should be able to held forever but a week or 2 is long enough to give the player a breather, but I've had lords escape in 2 days and that's while in a dungeon. :xf-mad:
Imagine the size and depth of the dungeons in Bannerlord, hahaha, but the escape is like cake. Also, the guards inside the dungeons are more than 6-7.

I tried playing more than 10 times and every time sturgia get wiped out. khuzait conquered half sturgia and half northern empire. Southern empire took western empire, battania took rest of northern empire, vlandia took other half of the sturgia. all the fiefs are taken by the king only, no fiefs for others. 1 time aserai conquered 2/3rd of the map, unqid took all the fiefs. the rate at which these lords muster armies is insane super insane. Also they do not want to make peace.

Back
Top Bottom