Users who are viewing this thread

I created this thread out of my disatisfaction. I paid 50 euros over a year ago and i cant take it anymore. Where is the content? Why the game isnt finished after more than a year, where are the modding tools, why are you oreparing a dlc even you havent finished the base game. I personally stopped playing bannerlord a week ago and returned to warband. I urge everyone to do the same until they do what they where supposed to. I am starting to suspect that they released it as a cashgrab but i dont want to believe it. Please prove me wrong. I write this stuff because i want to love bannerlord but i cant.

I paid A$160 for Rome 2 Collector Edition ..........if anyone's been screwed over it's me. Bannerlord looks like a rare Gem compared to Rome 2 on release !

No Bannerlord Collectors Edition ... thank all gods..

They made no contractual promises to you to provide you with any additional content on any particular timeline. That's an expectation you invented.

You have to remember that the original M&B was very lacking also, it took quite a while for Warband and then for it to develop over time it didn't just happen overnight, game development is not easy and if you had the slightest inkling of the amount of work it requires you would understand at least to an extent the current state the game is in.

I think for what it is currently it's no so bad, obviously it's missing content, AI and sieges needs serious work etc but there is still quite a bit of content there. As for full modding tools these will also come with time, no point releasing now as the game is still in EA. With mods my playthroughs have been mostly fun but if your looking for a full complete game then it's quite simple just wait until it's finished.

Not it is not a cashgrab, neither a grift/scam or whatever.
Development is slow, management changed their vision several times, etc...
Be patient we can still expect (moderately) more things to come.
Ultimately, more diversity and depth will come from modders... But TW has to provide a more polished base game before it even happens I guess...

People acting as if the full release version of the game isn't gonna require mods to make it tolerable and not a complete ****ing **** battle simulator slog.

You have to remember that the original M&B was very lacking also, it took quite a while for Warband and then for it to develop over time it didn't just happen overnight, game development is not easy and if you had the slightest inkling of the amount of work it requires you would understand at least to an extent the current state the game is in.

I think for what it is currently it's no so bad, obviously it's missing content, AI and sieges needs serious work etc but there is still quite a bit of content there. As for full modding tools these will also come with time, no point releasing now as the game is still in EA. With mods my playthroughs have been mostly fun but if your looking for a full complete game then it's quite simple just wait until it's finished.
Nice response ?
The game is only "lacking" because it's still in development. I've already played a few other Early Releases and this one is among the best I have played.
I'm not regretting the money spent at all. I’m happy with my purchase. I'm having more fun than I did playing Warband and the game isn't even finished yet. Add to that the mods and there's really not much to complain about.

Bannerlord already have more content then Warband, what are you talking about? It's a fully playable game at this point already that devs keep improving. I hope they don't finish it anytime soon.

The best thing that can happen to game like this is that it newer gets to be finished. That way we can keep receiving new content FOR FREE and keep playing it.

Please TW, keep NOT finishing Bannerlord and keep working on it. You have my support.

The best thing that can happen to game like this is that it newer gets to be finished. That way we can keep receiving new content FOR FREE and keep playing it.
I like that idea, and the mod community is going to have field days turning this game inside out and upside down. Bannerlord Star Wars, Bannerlord LOTR, Bannerlord 1200AD, Bannerlord Sword of Sparta, Bannerlord Rome... we'll be playing this game for decades.

I like that idea, and the mod community is going to have field days turning this game inside out and upside down. Bannerlord Star Wars, Bannerlord LOTR, Bannerlord 1200AD, Bannerlord Sword of Sparta, Bannerlord Rome... we'll be playing this game for decades.

Well look at 7 Days to Die. The thing that makes that game so successful is that it's been in development for years, if not decades at this point. There's nothing wrong about playing game that gets ever evolved, as long as it is fully playable in it's actual version. On the contrary, it's a good thing.

People need to stop thinking about games the same way as during time when they have been released on CDs. Especially games that are not been produced by big commercial companies with shareholders that expect return on their investments by the date X.

As long TW can support themselves, their employees and their families from sales, they can take as much time as they want developing the game further as far as I am concerned.

Last edited:
Well look at 7 Days to Die. The thing that makes that game so successful is that it's been in development for years, if not decades at this point. There's nothing wrong about playing game that gets ever evolved, as long as it is fully playable in it's actual version. On the contrary, it's a good thing.

People need to stop thinking about games the same way as during time when they have been released on CDs. Especially games that are not been produced by big commercial companies with shareholders that expect return on their investments by the date X.

As long TW can support themselves, their employees and their families from sales, they can take as much time as they want developing the game further as far as I am concerned.
except they dont plan to develop it like 7 days to die. didnt they say its almost feature complete? mostly bugfixing now and QOL then 1.0 then dlc sales

EDIT: also
Bannerlord already have more content then Warband, what are you talking about?
ye but its also missing alot of warband features.
https://forums.taleworlds.com/index...kwards-in-multiple-areas-from-warband.431963/

if u make a sequel, you'd think its an improvement upon the previous game, not just different. if you make a new car with very cool lights and seats, but dont build the wheels again, its gonna be ****

except they dont plan to develop it like 7 days to die. didnt they say its almost feature complete? mostly bugfixing now and QOL then 1.0 then dlc sales

Planed or not, they are effectively developing it like 7DtD right now. And I like it.

Improved or changed does not equal missing. Companions are still in the game, plus now they are dynamically generated. You can promote them in to equivalent of the land lords by assigning them in to their own party. How assassins made relations with lords more relevant I don't understand, as relations with lords were plenty relevant for ton of other, more important reasons. And tavern drunks had nothing to do with lords. Two pretty superficial features that I did not even notice missing until now. I am not going to respond to all the points as most of them are just personal opinions over particular features and to me sound more like author trying to find things to dislike at all cost. Basically a hairsplitting.

Let's face it, there will always be players that dislike any changes from their favorite title. I saw that with all major game series. Like for example Fallout. Old pastures are always greener. 5 or 10 years from now when TW will be developing MB4, there will be players complaining how Bannerlord was so much better then the new game. You can bet on that.

if u make a sequel, you'd think its an improvement upon the previous game, not just different. if you make a new car with very cool lights and seats, but dont build the wheels again, its gonna be ****

Bannerlord is improvement upon the pervious game. From better graphic, to bigger battles, more and dynamic NPCs, better AI, bigger map, expanded skill system, expanded armor system, more realistic/historical equipment and weapons, better more user friendly interface, better and expanded sieges... I can go on and on.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom