Compilation of Solutions for Missing Server List

Users who are viewing this thread

Mallets said:
Well, I personally figured out what would help me.  Spoiler #2 -- Uncheck both block IP flooding and block anonymous connections options (in my router configuration).

I'm certainly glad, and thankful, this issue is resolved for me.  But the fact that it's still an issue for so many others is disturbing.

Well I'm off to play!!!
The reason it hasn't been solved is because the developers have no idea whats causing it. They do not exactly enjoy having unhappy customers for their own amusement after all.
Plus it is so temperamental and unpredictable that it only affects some people at random times (yes, sometimes forever) meaning it is even harder to identify.

Started having this problem lately. What's it been, two years of the same bug? I get it developers, you have no idea what's causing it, but come on, we paid money for the game, do some detective work.

Fehnor said:
Usually this is caused by network issues. In other words, it's your fault, not the devs' fault.

Network issues I have on no other games. Just because a feature of a game isn't compatible with everyone's computer or router does not mean they should not fix that kind of compatibility issue.

If you guys are having problems, its almost definitely your router preventing IP flooding.

Disable it by going to 192.168.0.1

Look around for all the options and if something called IP Flood Detection is enabled, disable it.

Bought this game pack from Steam cause i really wanted to play Napoleonic Wars after seeing it on youtube.... :\ But seriously every day that passes im getting more and more angry / upset... From day 1 i havnt been able to play this in multiplayer, everytime i enter the game. Go to multiplayer and push join game. It just stops, after 30 secs - 1 minute i get "cannot connect to server".

Iwe been googling this like crazy, been reading on this forum too... Tried it all... But nothing works! All other games i have works just fine, but this wont work at all! :sad:

Ongen said:
Bought this game pack from Steam cause i really wanted to play Napoleonic Wars after seeing it on youtube.... :\ But seriously every day that passes im getting more and more angry / upset... From day 1 i havnt been able to play this in multiplayer, everytime i enter the game. Go to multiplayer and push join game. It just stops, after 30 secs - 1 minute i get "cannot connect to server".

Iwe been googling this like crazy, been reading on this forum too... Tried it all... But nothing works! All other games i have works just fine, but this wont work at all! :sad:
Try it on another computer if you haven't already and see what it does. Its really random

I was searching for this kind a staff on the Google but haven't found anything yet. I would suggest for some coders to make an application for multiplayer server browsing. Like it search for online servers and you can run the game exact from the app clicking on join. Like when someone invites you on steam to join and when you accept and loads you the game it automatically joins the game. Maybe it would fix the problem. Just some guy who does this kind staff and bit a time for it and it could make lots of happy faces :smile:

installin the game on other computer and accesing other network than home havent helped. Strange is i found the same 70-80 servers just i have at home too.

Ok. So i figured out how to solve the problem. The problem is not in you connection and settings. The problem is in your game. I have bough another M&B:W and it is working. So i suggest you to buy another one or trade it via steam with guys who have the same problem so maybe exchanging the games could help you too.

parohy said:
Ok. So i figured out how to solve the problem. The problem is not in you connection and settings. The problem is in your game. I have bough another M&B:W and it is working. So i suggest you to buy another one or trade it via steam with guys who have the same problem so maybe exchanging the games could help you too.

Thats not a solution.

If this is a solution they will provide us a new game code for free, thats their fault.

This is very good. But note. For the people that still had problems. There are 2 rgl config files (for windows 7) and both should be modified. Dont mix things up.

This game seriously needs another patch. I bought it just for multiplayer and haven't been playing at all because I can't find any servers. It's states there are like 633 servers but none of them appear on the list. At first there was like 5 servers but I couldn't join them because I didn't have the right module. Can't remember if it was some mod or the Napoleon expansion. Every now and again the game finds one empty Napoleon server but that doesn't do much good.

I've heard some people have a working Napoleon Expansion but the vanilla Warband doesn't work. So, should I buy the Napoleon for multiplayer purposes even if Warband's multiplayer doesn't work?

the respect man said:
This is very good! But note! For the people that still had problems. There are 2 rgl config files and both should be modified! Dont mix things up!

I've tried this but it didn't work. I tried playing without the firewall on, didn't work. I even installed a non-steam version of the game but it didn't work (didn't even ask me the serial key!)

bloggerboy said:
It's states there are like 633 servers but none of them appear on the list. At first there was like 5 servers but I couldn't join them because I didn't have the right module. Can't remember if it was some mod or the Napoleon expansion. Every now and again the game finds one empty Napoleon server but that doesn't do much good.
I think you have to go to the rgl_config file and modify it. You must set max connections to 20 or around it. It works fine for me. Nearly all servers show up on the list.

So I've been searching around and looks like option number 2 where you disable ip flood detection is the most popular fix, but the problem is I don't know where to find the option to do so. I know how to get to my router configuration page, but from there I'm lost. I have a qwest(now centurylink) ZyXel router if that helps.

Never mind. After trying a bunch of **** for almost an hour and a half straight I restarted my router and nearly jizzed because it worked! I believe that isn't one of the suggested options, but surely if you are still having the problems, then try restarting your router if you haven't. It's really quite interesting because yesterday I was playing warband and started lagging extremely bad and I restarted my router and I stopped lagging. I'm not sure why I am having just problems with only warband multiplayer(I play a lot of multiplayer games and no problems). But I digress restart your router if you haven't!

I have had some issues with serverlist showing to few games, being AWFULLY SLOW and occasionally not showing any servers at all. I have confirmed that this is NOT a issue with instable internet connection. I did find a quickfix to this issue.

1. Close Warband.
2. Enter C:\Users\Kuxe\AppData\Roaming\Mount&Blade Warband and rename profiles.dat to profiles.dat.old
3. Start Warband.
4. Enter multiplayer and a new profiles.dat will be generated. Since the profiles.dat.old contains your character data you have to create a new character for the current profiles.dat.
5. Join a Game
6. Behold as the serverlist lists all the servers fast and without error.

It seems that profiles.dat stores data about servers (if you open it in notepad you will get lots of weird characters but there's also IP-addresses, server names, maps etc...). I suppose that when profiles.dat is generated it fully functional, but after that it gets corrupted as when refreshing just after step 6 everything is slow and few servers are shown. Pretty much works flawlessly one time and then it's broke again... perhaps the profiles.dat loader is a total ****lNG mess flawed causing these serverlist errors? So while this is not a viable solution it'd might help someone at least.

Kuxe said:
I have had some issues with serverlist showing to few games, being AWFULLY SLOW and occasionally not showing any servers at all. I have confirmed that this is NOT a issue with instable internet connection. I did find a quickfix to this issue.

1. Close Warband.
2. Enter C:\Users\Kuxe\AppData\Roaming\Mount&Blade Warband and rename profiles.dat to profiles.dat.old
3. Start Warband.
4. Enter multiplayer and a new profiles.dat will be generated. Since the profiles.dat.old contains your character data you have to create a new character for the current profiles.dat.
5. Join a Game
6. Behold as the serverlist lists all the servers fast and without error.

It seems that profiles.dat stores data about servers (if you open it in notepad you will get lots of weird characters but there's also IP-addresses, server names, maps etc...). I suppose that when profiles.dat is generated it fully functional, but after that it gets corrupted as when refreshing just after step 6 everything is slow and few servers are shown. Pretty much works flawlessly one time and then it's broke again... perhaps the profiles.dat loader is a total ****lNG mess flawed causing these serverlist errors? So while this is not a viable solution it'd might help someone at least.

the only thing that has worked for me, thank you very much

Back
Top Bottom