Compilation of Solutions for Missing Server List

Users who are viewing this thread

Crossbow Joe, what do you mean by the main server list? And how would I try it? It's been almost a week without playing warband now... 4days with just one mmrussia server on the internet filter and just one native teamdeath match on my favourites filter. I have tried to turn the filters off but nothing happens. It stays the same! Out of 2 favourite servers only 1 appears, and the other one appears for a split second and goes away. I know some people who play on this particular server and they have no problems. Who's experiencing this as well? is it my connection? is it warband???? I_am_Trippin, are you expriencing the same and who else is? I've been trying everything and I do not want to mess around with the router ports, it's too dangerous to allow servers like that, and I used to play warband before without touching the ports. Help , please help!! I really want to play warband.

Cymie19 said:
Crossbow Joe, what do you mean by the main server list? And how would I try it? It's been almost a week without playing warband now... 4days with just one mmrussia server on the internet filter and just one native teamdeath match on my favourites filter. I have tried to turn the filters off but nothing happens. It stays the same! Out of 2 favourite servers only 1 appears, and the other one appears for a split second and goes away. I know some people who play on this particular server and they have no problems. Who's experiencing this as well? is it my connection? is it warband????
Well that, unfortunately, narrows down the cause. Something which sometimes works is reinstalling warband. For me I remember having two installs, one showed servers, one showed none. You could try that.
And by the main server list I meant the full internet list, as you say is having problems too.

Yes, Crossbow Joe... Exactly... I reinstalled warband twice already... yesterday a particular server (one of those 2 servers from the favourite list) appeared, which is the one that wasn't appearing most of the time. I went out of it and searched again and it didn't come up. could be a question of warband's side? or the servers' side? or my connection? I still cant see server lists on the internet list either. Thanks

Cymie19 said:
Yes, Crossbow Joe... Exactly... I reinstalled warband twice already... yesterday a particular server (one of those 2 servers from the favourite list) appeared, which is the one that wasn't appearing most of the time. I went out of it and searched again and it didn't come up. could be a question of warband's side? or the servers' side? or my connection? I still cant see server lists on the internet list either. Thanks
There is little doubt it is warband side, basically this is all just trying to get it to change that problem.
When I said installing I didn't exactly mean reinstalling but rather making another install on top of the one you already have, but I don't see how that would make a difference really.
Do you have another computer you might be able to install it on and test?

Well, I do have it but if it's my connection, since I will be LAN it would still be the same..!! I think... But some person is experiencing the same as me as well.

Cymie19 said:
Well, I do have it but if it's my connection, since I will be LAN it would still be the same..!! I think... But some person is experiencing the same as me as well.
Try it anyway, this problem is fixed by the weirdest things. I had this problem untill one day I installed a new OS. I don't think it had anything to with what the OS was or anything like that it just fortunately reset itself somehow. Though of course I wouldn't suggest you do anything that drastic.

hmm alright... well I installed it on my laptop and I have windows 7. I used to have some same problems on another pc as well. I'll try and will let you know! If you would rather send me PMs than on here, feel free to do so. Thank you for trying to help :smile:. thanks a lot!

Cymie19 said:
hmm alright... well I installed it on my laptop and I have windows 7. I used to have some same problems on another pc as well. I'll try and will let you know! If you would rather send me PMs than on here, feel free to do so. Thank you for trying to help :smile:. thanks a lot!
Good keep me informed. It is best we post here, because other people with this problem can read this and it may help.
I don't think it owuld have to do with the OS, but windows 7 was the one I upgraded to which made it work.

Cymie19 said:
Hey, It didn't work on another pc...  I don't know what's happening!!!! :cry: Maybe it's my connection?
Its possible, if you have a friend with a computer then you could try temporarily installing it on theirs and seeing if it sees the server list. If it does then we can be certain it is your connection, but I would think it is warband itself.

hmmm ... ok Crossbow Joe.. Well, once me and my boyfriend were playing LAN and sometimes he used to see servers and me no and vice versa. I never stayed this long without playing warband! Almost a week. I had this problem before but not this long I think..! Thank you for your help.

Hey people,

I found a solution of how to fix the problem. It seemed like my connection was only allowing 1 server at a time. So I did a character for each of the servers that I usually play and put them as 'favourites'. Maybe you can try that as well :smile: ? Anyway, finally I got it to work. You can try it!

Ive been having this problem for months, I've tried all the solutions stated, I sometimes can join a server from the few that are listed, sometimes none are listed.

Please I hope someone is still looking for a solution ?

Every time I enter a server it goes well then after a few minutes it will say '' you got kicked from the server'' please help.

I too am having this issue, my guess would be the router situation but like many others I cant get to the firewall because of the environment I'm living in. As far as dudes saying stop complaining and give up, if you were experiencing this problem, would you? When you want to play a game you enjoy?

I heard or read earlier in this discussion someone mention all seeing eye and programs like HLSW, has anyone tried that ?

If you're not wanting to give up...
1. Move to an environment where you have access to the router/firewall.
2. There's not really a second point, but it would look dumb if I only had one thing in a numbered list.

The original post was made back in May 2010.  So from what I see, it's nearly 2 years later, and this issue has still not been resolved?

Is that really the case?  Please someone Admin/Dev answer me, how can this be?

I'm already ticked off by this issue, and I just bought the game today.  I can't imagine what it's like for the folks that have fought this for (literally) years now.  I've never heard of such.  If I can't find and play on the same servers as my friends... then I certainly would have never bought this game!

I've port forwarded (ports 7240, 7243, 7245), I've messed with all the rgl.config stuff, I have my firewall off, no virus protection, and I have 30 MB internet.  So what can I do?  If I can't play with my friends because of such a common bug (that won't be fixed), then I would like to try and get my money back.

With that said, I don't want my money back.  Hell, I'd would have paid twice as much for the game, for it to work.  It's a fantastic game.  I enjoyed the alpha/beta years ago (back in the Spring of 200:cool:.

So please, help if possible... and/or answer why a solution has yet to be found.

Well, I personally figured out what would help me.  Spoiler #2 -- Uncheck both block IP flooding and block anonymous connections options (in my router configuration).

I'm certainly glad, and thankful, this issue is resolved for me.  But the fact that it's still an issue for so many others is disturbing.

Well I'm off to play!!!

Back
Top Bottom