Compilation of 82 little tweaks to the text files to change your gameplay(links)

Users who are viewing this thread

grievous5226 said:
Hey Magelord, I'm gonna cut the praise crap because I know it's probably old, but anyways is there a way to change companion names without them reverting?

Was thinking of making a game where I pretended that the Companion was the Lord and I play a measly soldier.
Thanks.

Troops.txt, you can change their names there with the troop editor.

TML, I think I flew under the radar, check the last post on page 35.

Hi There, Great job with the tweeks folks! Does anyone have a clues as to how to tweek the relation hits delivered when you award fiefs to yourself when you are running around with a claimant? If we could have it so that there is no relation hit with the claimant we would essentially rule by proxy as we would have the ability to recruit and maintain lords, hand out fiefs, etc. The only thing missing is calling for war! It would be close enough for me and even a little bit historically accurate. You would essentially hold the claimant hostage to legitimize your Kingdom.

Sorkenlol said:
TheMageLord said:
Sorkenlol,
I wouldn't know how to change in-battle behavior. Changing their behavior is definitely possible, as Chel did with the battle morale mod, I'm just not sure if you could edit the way they target things.

In my experience they seem to target the closest person to them and then focus on them, so if you're out front of a charge they'll all target you and keep firing even if you move back, but if you hang back at first and then step forward they usually don't focus on you. You can also usually step back where they can't see you for a bit and they'll stop focusing on you.

I never really get targeted unless I'm running ahead. Maybe you're just really ugly, and they can't resist putting you out of your misery? :twisted:

Well it can't be that they fire on close targets, earlier during a siege as soon as I went up the ladder (my men were already fighting on the walls) 3 archers that stood far away on the other side of the castle walls changed target from my men to me, all of them. As soon as I stepped aside so that the wall covered me, they chagned back to my men (which were much closer) and then I stepped back to the open, and they changed target to me again. So it must be that they prioritise killing you, which I'd like to change.
The behavior I have noticed is that they target whomever is closest to them or whomever is the biggest threat(ie:shooting at them). I never carry Bow and arrows so I'm never drawing their attention until I lead the charge up the ramp. Even in map battles on foot, unless im the closest or attacking someone, they tend to chase or attack others, so much so I have to chase them down to get kills. Perhaps you need to look at how you fight and the attack strategies you employ.

grievous5226,
You could go into troops.txt and change their names (or just use the troop editor). It wouldn't be savegame compatible, though. Can you edit the names with edit mode on? I've honestly never tried, I know you can edit faces that way.

Tamerlan,
Quite possible, yes. You would just have to make a menu with the appropriate function. You could probably reuse the request to talk with someone menu and just change it to get the guild master slot of that city instead of lords in the castle.

amade,
Sure. Just go into scripts.txt and find
center_get_food_store_limit -1
10 21 1 1224979098644774912 2133 2 1224979098644774913 0 4 0 541 3 1224979098644774912 0 3 2133 2 1224979098644774913 50000 5 0 541 3 1224979098644774912 0 2 2133 2 1224979098644774913 1500 3 0 2133 2 72057594037927936 1224979098644774913
The 50000 is the limit on cities (they consume 500 a day, so that's 100 days worth) and the 1500 is the limit on castles (they consume 50 a day, so that's 30 days worth).

G36E,
Whoops! Sorry about that, I forgot to add it. I'll add it now.

Oldasdirt,
Technically, if you're holding the claimant hostage and ruling in his stead, wouldn't he get mad at you? :wink: It makes sense to me! But if you want to drop the negative relations you can easily do it altogether. Go into conversation.txt and search for
2107 2 1224979098644774919 -1
This is where it turns the relation hit to a negative, just change -1 to 0 to simply negate the relation hit.

Is there a way to add the option to leave a companion in a location and store troops with them in 1.003 like we could in older versions?

I think he meant like leaving them on the world map like you could in older versions. I'm sure it'd be possible, but I don't think any of the dialog for that remains - so you would have to build the system for it.

You could even redesign things to where you could make your companions the lords of player kingdom, if you took the time to make the dialogs and such for it.

It's probably best to settle with garrisoning them in castles until the module system comes out, though. Doing it all in the text files would be a pain.

TheMageLord said:
Oldasdirt,
Technically, if you're holding the claimant hostage and ruling in his stead, wouldn't he get mad at you? :wink: It makes sense to me! But if you want to drop the negative relations you can easily do it altogether. Go into conversation.txt and search for
2107 2 1224979098644774919 -1
This is where it turns the relation hit to a negative, just change -1 to 0 to simply negate the relation hit.
Thanks, thats great. Now we can own the map and reward the loyal  :grin:

Seeing that demigod TheMageLord and others have started fixing almost all the things that annoy me in this otherwise beautiful game, I thought I'd start asking around for even more fixes.

Now I know very little about modding, tweaking and programming myself, so I have no way of knowing whether what I'm asking for is impossible or easy. If impossible or something best suited for a separate mod job, just tell me and I'll lock the thread.

#3: I've always found it highly logical that a well-trained enemy knight should give me a better price from the slave trader than, say, a scrawny peasant. So what do I get? 50 denars? Crap! I've seen this work in mods before, so:

- How can I get paid per prisoner level? -[RESOLVED: I am obviously blind and/or stupid not to notice this fix]
- Is it at all possible to get a bonus for bringing prisoners from a faction you're at war with, so that a level 10 "neutral" prisoner (a bandit, e.g.) will give you less than a level 10 member of a rival faction? -[RESOLVED: All thanks to PerXX's sense of logic:]

PerXX said:
No problem, I do the same thing sometimes :smile:
Regarding your second question, I personally wouldn't feel that would make much sense. Slavetraders are traders much like every other merchant, not affiliated with a specific nation. Thus he shouldn't care about any wars (other than the fact that it means more prisoners for him), so there's no real reason why he should pay different prices, from prisoners your nation is currently in war with.

TML, is it possible to increase the prosperity for villages, not the "caravan revenue" tweak but so that they get either get more money when you do quests for them or so it changes from poor-average etc faster? I hate when you have to spend hours doing quests for them just so that they can reach very poor>poor

Something that came up in another thread I just read...I'd like to know if it's possible to place more people in the street battle that takes place if you conquer the walls of a town. I'm not sure if it's still the same in 1.003, but back when I first besieged a town, there was a brutal slaughter at the walls, and when I read that the fight was going to continue in the streets I was totally anxious...but the number of enemies running around in the city was barely more than what you had to fend of during bandit traps...slightly disappointing, especially considering the countless number of waves on the walls  :neutral:

Would be great if there was a fix for this, would make besieging large towns so much more fun  :smile:

TheMageLord, you mentioned that it is possible to convince other lords to join our rebellion (even without having pretender with us), but is it possible to give them fiefs? In other words - is there a way to make the pretenders dialog "who to give this fief" appear without having the pretender in party, for example by assigning it to one of companions?

Hey I have a question:

After editting the script according to MageLord's post for "Changing the way the king gives new land to", I get a crash each time the game almost finishes loading initial screen with the ini files etc. I only editted the value to give me 2x chance if I captured a castle by myself and I also gave me 20x the relationship bonus.

After editting those I try to run the game and it crashes every time but the original script.txt works. It may have something to do with Vista's admin access? I"m not sure.

Another possibilty is that I edited it wrong but I followed the instructions on this page:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,46290.msg1219470.html#msg1219470

Basically I changed the value of the 3 (the game originally multiplies by 3 then divides by the 2) to 4 to make the bonus 2x. And I changed the last value highlighted in yellow (the relationship) to 20 to give me a bonus of 20 instead of 2.

Any help would be appreciated thanks.

Any chance of tweaking village manors to store troops?  And I've had no luck with the "garrison heroes in castles and towns" tweak.
EDIT: Oops didn't read that I have to start a new game!

Bearclaw said:
Hey I have a question:

After editting the script according to MageLord's post for "Changing the way the king gives new land to", I get a crash each time the game almost finishes loading initial screen with the ini files etc. I only editted the value to give me 2x chance if I captured a castle by myself and I also gave me 20x the relationship bonus.

After editting those I try to run the game and it crashes every time but the original script.txt works. It may have something to do with Vista's admin access? I"m not sure.

Another possibilty is that I edited it wrong but I followed the instructions on this page:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,46290.msg1219470.html#msg1219470

Basically I changed the value of the 3 (the game originally multiplies by 3 then divides by the 2) to 4 to make the bonus 2x. And I changed the last value highlighted in yellow (the relationship) to 20 to give me a bonus of 20 instead of 2.

Any help would be appreciated thanks.
You messed something up. Probably changed the wrong number, as they are repeating sometimes, like the 2s and 3s.
And wth - why divide 4 by 2? Put 2 and 1 instead!
Slawomir of Aaarrghh said:
TheMageLord, you mentioned that it is possible to convince other lords to join our rebellion (even without having pretender with us), but is it possible to give them fiefs? In other words - is there a way to make the pretenders dialog "who to give this fief" appear without having the pretender in party, for example by assigning it to one of companions?
If I remember correctly - as long as you have the quest taken, you are "representing" the king-to-be and can recruit lords and most likely give them land too(unless the pretender does it).

If I remember correctly - as long as you have the quest taken, you are "representing" the king-to-be and can recruit lords and most likely give them land too(unless the pretender does it).
Yes, but I had in mind the "self-made" rebellion, not the pretenders quest.

Sorkenlol,
The prosperity from quests is in conversation.txt, search for
1 3 936748722493063465 144115188075856056 4
That's where it calls the prosperity script to change the village's prosperity, the 4 is the amount to change it by. There should be 2 instances of it, the first is for the cattle quest and the second is for the grain quest.

Update 1.010: As pointed out by Dreen, the new number for this is 144115188075856057. This is due to the added global variable in 1.010.
Update 1.011: This version moved the new variable back to the end of the list, thus the number to find in 1.011 is once again 144115188075856056

Thyr,
That's pretty easy to do. For the town center, find this block of numbers in mission_templates.txt:
8 0 33562752 256 16 4
2 33558592 256 16 1
23 33558592 256 16 1
24 33558592 256 16 1
25 33558592 256 16 1
26 33558592 256 16 1
27 33558592 256 16 1
28 33558592 256 16 1 0
It should be under mst_besiege_inner_battle_town_center. Each line is a spawn point and the men spawned there. The 4 is how many men you get (they all spawn around you at the same point). All the rest are the enemy spawn points, each of them only getting 1 guy. You could change all those to 2 to double up the enemies on each spawn point.

For castles the block of numbers is
8 0 33562752 256 16 1
6 33562752 256 16 1
7 33562752 256 16 1
16 33558592 256 16 1
17 33558592 256 16 1
18 33558592 256 16 1
19 33558592 256 16 1
20 33558592 256 16 1 0
This one should be under mst_besiege_inner_battle_castle. The 1's are attackers, the 1's are defenders. Again, you could double them all to double up guys on the spawn points. This is used on both the 3rd stage of town sieges and the 2nd stage of castles.

This should work fine, but you could theoretically come into problems like it spawning guys inside a wall if the spawn point is close to the wall and you have too many guys popping out of it.

Slawomir of Aaarrghh,
Someone said in a previous post in this thread (im too lazy to look it up :razz:) that he was able to give land without a claimant. I haven't really played with that tweak to see how it all works, though. I haven't even played M&B since Saturday.

Bearclaw,
As Raamon said, you probably changed the wrong number. The best bet is to highlight a line of numbers and do a search for them, that way it's easier to spot the exact number to edit. What you probably did was change one of the numbers that tells it how many numbers should follow (like the functions that use 2 different numbers have a 2 beside them). Doing that causes crashes because it fails to read the scripts.

Macethump,
You could allow garrisons in village manors by adding a menu option to villages and having it check for a manor and send you to the exchange members thing. I'm not sure if the rest of the village code is set up to check for garrisons, though - they might still loot and burn it even with the garrison. It may also interfere with the other operations of the villages, as I believe villages have a set number of peasants inside them - the number is just hidden and doesn't display. So when you went to the screen to garrison it would probably let you take the villagers.

Sorkenlol,
That's where it calls the prosperity script to change the village's prosperity, the 4 is the amount to change it by. There should be 2 instances of it, the first is for the cattle quest and the second is for the grain quest.
Thank you.

I'm just going to ask for this too.

Sorkenlol,

Thank you very much!

Back
Top Bottom