Compilation of 82 little tweaks to the text files to change your gameplay(links)

Users who are viewing this thread

Shatari, good to know it works - I went ahead and stuck it in the list. I think I'll be using that one, I too enjoy larger battles - but my computer can't handle so many being generated at once. It should make fighting ~500 man armies much more fun.

Swadius, Lord Kinlar - I didn't include any item tweaks because the item editor is way way easier than trying to decode a bunch of numbers. Maybe I should put a link to the item editor for those who don't know about it...

Ammunis, I edited this tweak to include info about which mercenaries are being added. All you'd have to do is reduce the first number of the range by 2 to include farmers/townsman and reduce the second number by whatever number you wanted to get rid of the higher ones (just subtract one for every troop you want out of the range, starting at Cavalry and going up). Note that they all cost 50% more though, so having a big army of mercenaries kind of sucks your money away.

CBCRonin, Thats the hard coded slot limit - the garrison has the same slot limit, but the problem with storing lords is they each take up a separate slot while you can get hundreds of troops in a single slot. Considering kingdoms only have 21 lords(including the king) it isn't that much of a limitation, you could store a kingdom and a half in one castle :smile:

Caladrian, you could edit it to make no more rounds - just make the number of possible reinforcement waves large. Then you'd just get wave after wave until you wiped out the enemy (or counted up to whatever number you set the reinforcement waves to)

TheMageLord said:
CBCRonin, Thats the hard coded slot limit - the garrison has the same slot limit, but the problem with storing lords is they each take up a separate slot while you can get hundreds of troops in a single slot. Considering kingdoms only have 21 lords(including the king) it isn't that much of a limitation, you could store a kingdom and a half in one castle :smile:
Thank you :smile:.

Fog would most likely be in particle_systems, as thats where rain and snow is found. I'm not sure exactly which entry it is, though - probably one of the ones with one of the dust meshes? I haven't really tested it, and don't know enough about the particle systems.

I think you could edit the way rain LOOKS in particle systems, but not how often the particle system is called up. I believe the game calls up rain and such from the world map, and I think the game's weather system is hardcoded (or at least I don't see any triggers or scripts dealing with weather).

There IS a set_rain function in the game which I think you can use in mission_templates to set rain or snow with a strength, but you'd have to come up with your own way of determining when it happens (like a random number generated and if it equals X it sets rain or snow). If you just put it in there straight it would make every single battle have that much rain or snow. It also wouldn't work with the game's weather system - you'd only have it for that mission, the worldmap wouldn't be raining, and the next mission - even if only a few ingame minutes later - wouldn't have it either.

You could probably program your own weather system and have it set battles to have rain or snow based on daily triggers, but I'm not sure how you would get it to display on the world map and it would probably conflict with the inbuilt weather system. It also wouldn't be very simple :smile:

About the random party size bug I've encountered...
For party size I've seen values from 200 million to -250,000, all within a few hours, if I click on reports.  If I go to the morale report menu, then click back to the main report, the value changes back to the value shown at the top of the party menu.  An hour later it has changed again in the main reports menu, but resets after I click to the party morale menu.  If it happens to be at a low or negative number when the game checks for leadership and party size, that must be when all my army abandons me (except heroes).  The box that comes up says that my party size exceeds my leadership, and then lists all the troops that leave the party.  If I quit without saving and reload, sometimes the bug happens again and sometimes it does not.  Morale in all cases is excellent.  Only the party size seems to change radically.  I might just go back and reset things to the original unless the problem can be discovered.

I was digging around in the particle_systems.txt file and didn't find anything about fog in particular, but I suspect it might have something to do with this...
psys_war_smoke_tall 12818 prt_mesh_smoke_1

I have no clue where else it would be, but the fact that it says "war_smoke" in there made me think it might have something to do with fog.

What all numbers did you actually set? I just changed my party size by making base size 50 leadership bonus 10 and renown per leadership point 10, giving me a party size of 385 on my current game, and can't seem to replicate any of the problems people have been reporting. A week gone by and no abandoning me, no shrinking or randomly growing party sizes. No problems at all.

The only oddity that I notice is just a peculiarity with the basic morale script, in that it limits it to being at the minimum 0 - so even if you have 500 troops reducing morale the lowest you can go is 0, which is then modified by current events giving me a 71 - so I have this ridiculous menu giving me numbers that add up to a massive negative (especially after the food morale bug struck, which just happened again while I was testing this - but it corrected itself due to my fix), then saying +71 current events = 71.

Obviously something is wrong if your party size is jumping way up and then into the negative, but I don't know what it might be. You didn't set the default 25 to a 0 or anything, did you?

Would it be possible to get a little (NEW) in front of the new ones each time you edit the page? Now that there are 39 of them, its kinda hard to keep track >.>

possibly an incrementing number beside the number within the small groups, so you know which ones came out when?

Got it! :smile:

Go to menus.txt.

Code:
menu_requested_castle_granted_to_another 4096 You_receive_a_message_from_your_monarch,_{s3}.^^_'I_was_most_pleased_to_hear_of_your_valiant_efforts_in_the_capture_of_{s2}._Your_victory_has_gladdened_all_our_hearts._You_also_requested_me_to_give_you_ownership_of_the_castle,_but_that_is_a_favour_which_I_fear_I_cannot_grant,_as_you_already_hold_significant_estates_in_my_realm._Instead_I_have_sent_you_{reg6}_denars_to_cover_the_expenses_of_your_campaign,_but_{s2}_I_give_to_{s5}.'_ none 7 2031 1 1441151880758558722 522 3 1224979098644774912 144115188075856122 10 2322 2 3 1224979098644774912 2330 2 2 144115188075856361 521 3 1224979098644774913 144115188075856361 7 2322 2 5 1224979098644774913 2133 2 72057594037927942 900 2
Find that line, and then replace the 900 with anything else. I put it to like 1000000000 or so... and i got that much. Says so in the dialog too... btw, the "you receive a message" etc part is rather long...

Wouldnt fit in a quote box, so i made it a code box... (meaning i cant use color and bold like TML does ): ). The 900 should be the second to last from the end if that helps... Line 147.

Back
Top Bottom