Compilation of 82 little tweaks to the text files to change your gameplay(links)

Users who are viewing this thread

Anasher said:
Is there away that I can tweak  my main guy to give him more hit points. I tried with the iron flesh but it didn't go above 2 hit point per lvl of it. Can you please help me out? Is there some other way to make iron flesh give more than 2 points per lvl?
that's really easy unless you dont want to increase the damage as well, in that case i have no idea. But if you dont mind increasing the damage and the hp, then all you have to do is export the character and go to charexport folder in m&b and edit the strength

Got a request to anyone(TML?) who's good at reading these goddamn numbers - there is a need in a "fix" for the village elder quest part.
The way it is made now(by simply changing the number to a higher value) it actually screws things up.
What we get is:
1) Village quests have a 20/20/40 hours cooldown. When we fulfill all 3 quests for the first time, clock starts ticking(btw I can "guess" 3rd quest 100%, knowing which 1st and 2nd were=call that "random"?  :wink: ) and as a result, on 4th, 5th and every single attempt before 20 hours pass we always get the last quest on the list, as 1st and 2nd are on cooldown and game has no choice but to give the last one, maybe even without checking its cooldown timer.
2) Doing unlimited amount of village quests sucks if you want to put it into any mod, which you want to make public, or at least make it look more "real".
3) And no, we dont want unlimited amount of random quests with 0 cooldown.
So whats needed is a simple trigger that would reset village elders every 36? hours just like it does to lords and ladies. Anyone who can make it?
Just that Im not good at decoding all these numbers, would've made it myself, really. :sad:

I don't want to change the str just the points that the iron skin gives. I want to get it above 2 hitpoint per lvl

It happened again!  I just finished bonking a sea raider party and headed for Wercheg when my ENTIRE PARTY abandoned me (except heroes), and many of them were good troops (mercenary cavalry, Nord warriors and huscarls).  I went from 54 to 8 in one second.  Maybe I'll just change back the morale and party size tweaks, ar at least go over them thoroughly again.

TheMageLord, do you know of a way to increase the allowed number of reinforcement waves? I'd like to do massive battles involving over 1000 men in one single battle, uninterrupted by breaks.

Battle sizer changes the max number of soldiers on battlefield at the same time. What I want is increase the number of times an army can receive reinforcements. For example, if you're fighting a battle against 700 men army, you'll only be able to kill 200-300 before their reinforcements stop and battle ends. And then you'll be taken to menu, to choose whether you want to continue the battle, or leave. And since battle is interrupted this way, arrows will replenish, horses will revive and wounds will heal once you're back on battlefield. It kinda ruins the mood for me. If I get dismounted by some lucky lance hit, during first clash with enemy, I don't want to get my warhorse back in the middle of the battle, I want to fight the remainder of the battle wounded and on foot.

Oh Great and Wonderful Mage Lord Sir;

Arcius Azrael said:
Back to page 4, about the garrsion companion thingy, ....... I still cant garrison any of my companion

Looks like Arcius and I have the same problem.  I've done the replace data as per the directions so that's all good, but I can't garrison any of my companions either.

Is this fix an "auto-take-effect" in the current game you're playing?
or
Do you have to start a new game for it to work?
or
Did I screw something else up :oops:

Nebless said:
Oh Great and Wonderful Mage Lord Sir;

Arcius Azrael said:
Back to page 4, about the garrsion companion thingy, ....... I still cant garrison any of my companion

Looks like Arcius and I have the same problem.  I've done the replace data as per the directions so that's all good, but I can't garrison any of my companions either.

Is this fix an "auto-take-effect" in the current game you're playing?
or
Do you have to start a new game for it to work?
or
Did I screw something else up :oops:

You should start a new game to make the change take effect. I think I've already stated that in my post.  :roll:

Neither of the 1.x versions will update the troop info from troops.txt once you start a new game.

I am still testing the iron flesh went into the skills file and played with the settings. I can get iron flesh up to lvl 15 and still works but I can't get the plus 2 per lvl to change. I set it to 5 and still doesn't change the amount still just gives me 2. Anyone know if there is another area that sets the iron flesh ponts per lvl?

macethump said:
It happened again!  I just finished bonking a sea raider party and headed for Wercheg when my ENTIRE PARTY abandoned me (except heroes), and many of them were good troops (mercenary cavalry, Nord warriors and huscarls).  I went from 54 to 8 in one second.  Maybe I'll just change back the morale and party size tweaks, ar at least go over them thoroughly again.

Huh, whats it saying they're leaving for? Low morale? Did you make sure that your morale wasn't low? I've had them desert for low morale before when the party morale was around 20, which is easy to get with a big party.

If it isn't that I don't see anything that might be causing it. I looked all through every file for all the different functions that I know of to remove troops from your party, and I can't find any kind of desertion trigger or script in .960 or in 1.003. I can only assume it's some kind of hard coded thing to check for desertion, but even then you'd think that it would reference the party size and morale scripts before causing it. Or actually, if you just WON a battle, maybe the morale bugged out when it added more? Whats your morale set to, maybe you tweaked it too high and it's going so high that its wrapping into negatives or something? It shouldn't be doing this either, though - the place where it adds morale clamps the value between 0 and 100.

I looked into reinforcements, and it's set to give 2 waves on a normal battle and 7 on a siege.

This can be changed by opening up mission_templates.txt and finding:
2147483678 2 144115188075856126 #
(search for it without the #, I just put that there to explain). That's a check to see if defender reinforcements is below the #. Every reinforcement wave adds 1 to the number, so it sends # reinforcement waves. There should be 4 instances of it: Lead charge, village raid, castle with belfry, and castle with ladder. On lead charge and village raid it's set to 2, while on the castles it's set to 7. Changing those numbers will increase or decrease the number of reinforcement waves available to the defender.

The attacker reinforcements are under
2147483678 2 144115188075856127 #
You'll find 4 instances of this too, all right below the defender reinforcement ones. The numbers here are default 2 for lead charge and village raid, and default 5 for both castles. Changing these will make the attacker get more or less reinforcement waves.

This SHOULD work, but I haven't had time to test it just yet - and I have class in a couple hours so I won't be able to until later.

Lord Kinlar said:
You should start a new game to make the change take effect. I think I've already stated that in my post.

Sorry, I went through all 18 pages looking before posting; must have missed it.

Lord Kinlar said:
Neither of the 1.x versions will update the troop info from troops.txt once you start a new game.

Meaning you can't garrison hero's if you have a 1.x version even if you load the data and start a new game? 

Sorry about that, I edited the post to include mention of having to start a new game.

And it works fine with a new game. I think he meant that it doesn't reference troops.txt once (as in after) you've already started a new game. Making the changes and THEN starting a new game will have them take effect just fine.

It's actually been this way as far back as I can remember - when you start a new game it saves the entire troops file in your savegame, so any changes made to the troops file after that won't take effect until you start another new game.

If you could figure out how to edit your savegame you could probably make changes after the fact, but I wouldn't know how to do that :smile: You'd probably need a hex editor and a lot of time.

I've mentioned this a few times to people and on the forums, but I still think it deserves saying. Someone should really make a program that lets you tweak these things through a nice, easy to use GUI.

TheMageLord said:
macethump said:

Huh, whats it saying they're leaving for? Low morale? Did you make sure that your morale wasn't low? I've had them desert for low morale before when the party morale was around 20, which is easy to get with a big party.

If it isn't that I don't see anything that might be causing it. I looked all through every file for all the different functions that I know of to remove troops from your party, and I can't find any kind of desertion trigger or script in .960 or in 1.003. I can only assume it's some kind of hard coded thing to check for desertion, but even then you'd think that it would reference the party size and morale scripts before causing it. Or actually, if you just WON a battle, maybe the morale bugged out when it added more? Whats your morale set to, maybe you tweaked it too high and it's going so high that its wrapping into negatives or something? It shouldn't be doing this either, though - the place where it adds morale clamps the value between 0 and 100.
Morale was excellent, since we just won.  The menu looke like the "morale low" dialog box, but I didn't read it thoroughly - I will have to check this further, since I saved the game just before this happened.  I will try to do the same things and see if I can make it happen again while keeping a close eye on all party factors.  All my adjustments were moderate - I didn't try anything extreme.  But just the same I will go back and check on the numbers.

You my friend are friggin AWESOME!

Thank you, thank you, thanks you!

You have empowered me to try things I would have otherwise felt were too hard or complex.

Balrog said:
You my friend are friggin AWESOME!

Thank you, thank you, thanks you!

You have empowered me to try things I would have otherwise felt were too hard or complex.

Ditto on this, Mage Lord.  You've helped us fledgling modders understand just what's available without being able to read code/use python and these tweaks are in my opinion the most useful pieces of information currently on the forum.

A++++, would check-back-every-morning-and-evening again!

Is this the script that determines the amount of hours a school needs to increase the village relations by?

720.000000  7 6 3 1224979098644774912 648518346341351501 648518346341351591 541 3 1224979098644774912 7 360287970189639680 521 3 1224979098644774913 1224979098644774912 26 2105 2 1224979098644774913 1 2110 2 1224979098644774913 100 501 3 1224979098644774912 26 1224979098644774913 3 0

Back
Top Bottom