Compilation of 82 little tweaks to the text files to change your gameplay(links)

Users who are viewing this thread

TheMageLord said:
I always found it funny that putting a robe on carrying a stick and wrapping some cloth around your head was a disguise, when NOBODY ELSE wears anything like it. You'd think the disguise would be commoner clothes with some type of hat that covers your face, or a full helm with generic looking armor so you just appear as a member of a mercenary company (of which plenty are always in town, just see the tavern!).

I guess it's supposed to be some kind of poor traveller's outfit, since the guards at the castle call you a beggar, but it seems like you'd stick out. Although apparently the disguise is pretty good, considering the same guards tell you that you stink. Although pretty much any traveler in that time period would stink, so I guess they're just rude to the poor.

Haha i can agree there, a merc outfit would fit in well. Would also be a good excuse to carry weapons >.>

PurplePuppy said:
Waaahahaha I can't wait for the module package.
FOR WHY DOES WE NOT HAVE THEMAGELORD MOD?!

lol... I'm awaiting it too, I would like to get started on a mod. It would probably be a while before I actually released it, though. I'm more excited about the TLD mod than anything I might create :smile: I loved that mod for .808, I still have .808 installed and play it every so often - it's just hard to get used to the crappy AI compared to the newer versions.

TheMageLord said:
I always found it funny that putting a robe on carrying a stick and wrapping some cloth around your head was a disguise, when NOBODY ELSE wears anything like it. You'd think the disguise would be commoner clothes with some type of hat that covers your face, or a full helm with generic looking armor so you just appear as a member of a mercenary company (of which plenty are always in town, just see the tavern!).

I guess it's supposed to be some kind of poor traveller's outfit, since the guards at the castle call you a beggar, but it seems like you'd stick out. Although apparently the disguise is pretty good, considering the same guards tell you that you stink. Although pretty much any traveler in that time period would stink, so I guess they're just rude to the poor.
Beggars wear it:

We need a mod to spawn more types of civilians in cities. Beggars, normal guys, and rich guys. Even better, spawn them according to current prosperity. Poor city has more beggars, rich city has more rich guys. :grin:

TML, do you think you could find something that would make horses (or just the player's horse) make a sound (ie a whinny) when they take damage?  It's just always bugged me that they take their blows in silence.

Thanks.

Ringwraith, That would be interesting - it would add immersion when visiting places :smile:

Hawkwing, I haven't a clue of how to trigger something on horses taking damage. They already make horses when they die, though.

First of, great job magelord! some of these tweaks has helped me alot and i really appreciate what you are doing.
Second, im wondering if you could possibly look into creating a tweak to allow you to recruit volounteers from your towns depending on your faction
instead of depending of the towns original faction? It would be sweet cause i choose a faction based on what soldires i want to use,
so it gets frustrating when my i cant recruit from my conquered lands due to the fact that i get the wrong type of soldiers :smile:
Its less reealistic in a way but more fun so if you could look into it i would be very thankful

widde said:
First of, great job magelord! some of these tweaks has helped me alot and i really appreciate what you are doing.
Second, im wondering if you could possibly look into creating a tweak to allow you to recruit volounteers from your towns depending on your faction
instead of depending of the towns original faction? It would be sweet cause i choose a faction based on what soldires i want to use,
so it gets frustrating when my i cant recruit from my conquered lands due to the fact that i get the wrong type of soldiers :smile:
Its less reealistic in a way but more fun so if you could look into it i would be very thankful

Someone actually did post this somewhere, i just dont remember where :neutral: its possible, with a few modifications to do this. Wish i had the .960 module stuff in front of me so i could help :\

Kon Air, sorry I'm going to make my own module. I like working solo.  :cool:

Widde, I was actually planning to take a look at that a few days ago, but I got sidetracked and never did get to it. It'll be the next thing I look into. I want it for my own uses as well :smile:

TML, do you think that there's a way to give the companions an inventory like the player's?

Unless it's hard-coded in the game, it should be possible to do that for every unit actually, you know, merchants have inventories (mind you, their inventory management skill is 10 and it does apply to their inventory), even the chests in the game are actually inactive troops with inventories.

Btw, I still couldn't find a way or a place to store extra horses.  :???:

Ps. It should be possible to add all kinds of equipment into the hidden bonus chests which store the "strange" equipment, simply by adding the equipment you want to the 3 Bonus_Chest troops either by using the troop editor or a text editor.

I would like 2 say there are some awsome tweaks here for gameplay, which give endless variety to the game.

I was just wondering is there a script i can change which affects the way enemy parties join a battle.
What I am trying to say is when I attack an enemy unit from an opposing faction (eg I am with Swadia and i am at war with the Khergits) and there is another enemy within the vicinity they will join the battle on the enemy side.
My question is that how do I have this same situation when I attack bandits (looters, mountain bandits, etc) because when i attack a group of bandits and there is another group near-by they wont join the battle.

This is annoying coz there will be about 4 bandit parties all close to one-another and if I attack one party(and the other 3 parties are close-by) the enemy parties wont join the battle.

I hope I explained this well, thanks

TheMageLord said:
Seekster, I looked into the way the kingdom name is set and wow, I found a really easy way to make ANY custom name for your kingdom. Heres how:

Open up quick_strings.txt and find
qstr_{s1}_Rebels {s1}_Rebels
Change this to
qstr_{s1}_Rebels {playername}

After this very simple change is done, go and start your kingdom (either by talking to a claimant and accepting rebellion, or taking your own land). As soon as you do this, your kingdom is created - and since we changed the string, the name is set to YOUR name. All you have to do is name yourself whatever you want the kingdom to be named and that will be your kingdom name.
Like if I named myself "Kingdom of Better Nords" and then rebelled against the nords, my player kingdom would be named Kingdom of Better Nords. Then you just change your name back and you have your very own custom named kingdom!

Cool but how do you change your name back without also changing your Kingdom's name? Also would it be possible to make it qstr_{s1}_Rebels - New Empire of Calradia and still have that work?

the Dhirim siege fix

I have v1.03 and started to download this fix, but I got the warning box that it was already in the system so I cancelled it.  Shortly there after my faction attacked Dhirim;

The seige tower was nicely grounded and rolled up to the hole in the wall and everything so this problem might have been corrected in the latest build.

Loved the tweaks, but have run into some problems.  I changed the tournament bets (works great), allowing seige inventory access (doesn't work for sallies outside the walls), shortened prisoner recruiting time (love it), and am using the trading guide more.

The problem is the Morale and Party Size adjustment.  I followed the instructions exactly, but now I have a chaotic party size.  I've had anything from 765342 to 74 (which causes some of my best troops to abandon the party).  Party size seems to move around randomly, and I can never tell what size my party will be from day to day.  There may be a recent events tie-in, since the most radical changes seem to be after a negative event (defeat at siege or battlefield).  Any clues?

Lord Kinlar, I believe companions still have an inventory - you just can't access it normally. The normal dialog is:
dlga_member_trade:do_member_trade 4095 72  0 Very_well,_it's_all_here...  73  1 2051 0
The 2051 there is telling you to "equip other", if you changed that to 2042 it will bring you to the trade screen (like the way we used to have it, where you buy and sell stuff to them). The problem is since the new equip menu it no longer takes their stuff off to put it in that menu, and the event scripts that deal with buying and selling aren't designed to handle buying/selling between party members (so they print big red lists of errors). You could use it as extra inventory space, they even have inventories based on inventory management. The problem is you have to pay to move it back and forth, and you get a bunch of errors every time you do.

Seekster, if you change it to playername it sets it to what your name is AT THAT MOMENT, if you change your name afterwards it will still be set. You could add in text directly like you ask (just use _ instead of spaces), but I just made it {playername} because its one quick change and you can make any custom name you want in separate games simply by temporarily editing your name.

Nebless, I fixed that in 1.003, so unless a new 1.003 was secretly released without a version change you still needed the fix. Are you sure you didn't get it and not realise it somehow?  :eek:

macethump, I'm not sure what might cause radical changes like that. What did you set the numbers to? I checked through scripts real quick but the only thing I see that deals with the limit is that script. That script is called by the game engine itself, and I believe it's the only one that actually modifies party size - nothing else even calls the script.

Mage Lord, I want to make it to where the lord who initiates a siege or is the only one to attack will get the castle/town/villages with 100% certainty.

What would be the best way to do that?

Akora, go to this post and change the multiplier for score for the one who captured it to be ridiculously large. That's the 3 and 2. You could change the first number to high number like 500 and the second to a 1 (multiply by 500 divide by 1) to make it give 500x the score to the one who captured it. That should pretty much guarantee that they get it.

Folthrik, thats the number of days before you can repeat it again. The list is the instances that you'll find the quests in order of searching through the file for 2133 2 1224979098644774938. I just put the quest name so you know which quest you're editing, and the default number so you know if you're on the right one.

Back
Top Bottom