Compilation of 82 little tweaks to the text files to change your gameplay(links)

Users who are viewing this thread

Some great tweaks here. Easy to unbalance the game, but great to just play around with things.

About this change, however : 2. Allow village elders to give quests again after refusing one

It's a surefire way to make villages lose their cattle much quicker than usual, as many of the quests they give will destroy their cattle stocks. Ie they have 100 cattle, then suddenly they're asking you to bring them 8 heads of cattle because bandits took them all...not a lot you can do about it though really without much more modding.

A tweak to increase the reputation gains you get might be nice though.....

Seekster, it might just be that you've solved every quest that can be given by an elder and just have to wait for the timer to kick in and reset. Because if you only tweaked that part but not changed the actual "quest respawn rate", you'll still have to wait 20-30 days for most solved quests to become available again.

So, with the latest tweak (the "Do you have any other job?" tweak), you said to use it for towns. Can it also be done with villages, lords, ladies, etc?

Collie said:
Some great tweaks here. Easy to unbalance the game, but great to just play around with things.

About this change, however : 2. Allow village elders to give quests again after refusing one

It's a surefire way to make villages lose their cattle much quicker than usual, as many of the quests they give will destroy their cattle stocks. Ie they have 100 cattle, then suddenly they're asking you to bring them 8 heads of cattle because bandits took them all...not a lot you can do about it though really without much more modding.

A tweak to increase the reputation gains you get might be nice though.....

Actually, villages can only offer the cattle quest when they have under 50 cattle. If you did my cattle tweak for them to spawn more cattle, most villages will have 50 or more and won't offer the quest.

Seekster, the problem is probably a combination of what Thyr said and the fact that 2 out of 3 of the village quests have requirements before they can be done. The cattle quest requires less than 50 cattle, as I said above. The grain quest requires that the village elder has no grain in his inventory. I haven't looked into how it calculates giving or taking grain away from the elders, but I think it's something to do with the village's prosperity - as from experience the low prosperity ones are the ones that ask for grain. The train against bandits quest should show up, though - you just have to wait for the previous timer to expire, which is 40 days by default.

EasyCo,
That one is for towns alone, the others don't store the last quest. They just won't give you another after you refuse. For the elders this is permanent, for the lords and ladies a trigger resets it every 36 hours. My tweak "2. Allow village elders to give quests again after refusing one" is what you need for them. It's meant for elders (since their change was permanent, and probably a bug), but it mentions how to make lords and ladies still give quests after you refuse them too.

Ok thank you I think I got the village quests taken care of but what about that other thing, is it possible to change some text somewhere to make your kingdom called something other than "Kingdom of ___ Rebels"

i was wondering if there was an easy tweak for this issue i have,

i find enemy parties are just wayyy too cowardly, they never attack anyone unless they have an obvious numerical advantage, and if one has a lto of renown, good luck being attacked by someone. i remember the days where a party of 40 bandits actually *would* attack a lord with 60 troops, and sometimes even win. now i have to run after every party to get a fight, as everyone runs from me. heck even if i have 20 soldiers and the enemy group has 20, if i have too much renown they will still run. or if one of my castles get besieged and i run in to try and fight in a castle defense the enemy runs away. i would like to see more daring tactics by the parties out there, so as to allow for much more fighting without so much chasing, maybe have enemies  consider taking on slightly bad odds, would reflect arrogance, or superiority in RP too "psha we have half the troops the swadians do, but swadians are rotten fighters anyways, lets take them on, we should make out ok". or " oh look at this oh so renowned lord, if i can beat him, i will be the most renowned ever!" i dunno lol, but a tweak to make enemy parties less cowardly would be GREAT!

Seekster, I looked into the way the kingdom name is set and wow, I found a really easy way to make ANY custom name for your kingdom. Heres how:

Open up quick_strings.txt and find
qstr_{s1}_Rebels {s1}_Rebels
Change this to
qstr_{s1}_Rebels {playername}

After this very simple change is done, go and start your kingdom (either by talking to a claimant and accepting rebellion, or taking your own land). As soon as you do this, your kingdom is created - and since we changed the string, the name is set to YOUR name. All you have to do is name yourself whatever you want the kingdom to be named and that will be your kingdom name.
Like if I named myself "Kingdom of Better Nords" and then rebelled against the nords, my player kingdom would be named Kingdom of Better Nords. Then you just change your name back and you have your very own custom named kingdom!

The name is set as the player name at the time that the script fires (when you join a claimant or take land without a kingdom). After that you can change your name to whatever you want - it won't keep changing with the player's name.

The idea of setting it to {playername} is so that it will call up your character's name when it gets set, and you can have different kingdom names between saves without further editing. If all you want is one kingdom name for all your games you can simply change it to that name, using _ as spaces. Like
qstr_{s1}_Rebels Kingdom_of_Whee
This works the same as if you changed it to playername and then set your character's name to Kingdom of Whee before the rebellion, but it will always be set as that so if you forget to change your player's name it will still have it. Either way works :smile:

Hi... we've been wondering about what we would have to do to give archers in the arena a back up weapon. Like a quarter staff, or shorts sword?

Great effort put into all the lil tweeks.  I would like to know where i can change the amount of troops in castles and towns to 50 and 200 and for them to remain that size and not grow as i lvl .

TheMageLord said:
Seekster, I looked into the way the kingdom name is set and wow, I found a really easy way to make ANY custom name for your kingdom. Heres how:

Open up quick_strings.txt and find
qstr_{s1}_Rebels {s1}_Rebels
Change this to
qstr_{s1}_Rebels {playername}

After this very simple change is done, go and start your kingdom (either by talking to a claimant and accepting rebellion, or taking your own land). As soon as you do this, your kingdom is created - and since we changed the string, the name is set to YOUR name. All you have to do is name yourself whatever you want the kingdom to be named and that will be your kingdom name.

GREAT!, now Im actually considering betraying Harlaus to form my own Empire  :lol:

Darmoth said:
Hi... we've been wondering about what we would have to do to give archers in the arena a back up weapon. Like a quarter staff, or shorts sword?

Thats stored in mission_templates.txt. Find mst_arena_melee_fight arena_melee_fight. There should be big block of numbers, the first three lines being:
58 0 4112 447 16 1 5  12 18 17 42 28
1 4112 447 16 1 2  3 42
2 4112 447 16 1 4  3 17 42 28
That first number (5:cool: is just the number of lines to follow, so ignore that for the first line. The red number is how many items the unit has. The blue numbers right after that are the items, stored in numerical order. The way you figure out which items are which is open up item_kinds.txt in a program that shows you the line numbers on the side (like notepad2) and check the item by line number. The formula to translate the number to the line number is: (#+1) x 3, so the first item in our list here (12) is on line number 39 (12+1 = 13, x3 = 39). Then go into item_kinds and find number 39, which is a practice bow. I'll leave it up to you to figure out exactly which lines in that big long list of 58 are which, but 12 = bow so if you find all instances of that you should find all the archers.

So if you want to add something, just find the item you want, note the line it's on, translate it into the item number, add it to the list, and add 1 to the red number so it reads the new item.

How about changing the quarterstaff you get when sneaking into a town to, say, a sword, even a rusty or battered one? That'd be rather nice  :grin:

Leonidas480bc said:
Great effort put into all the lil tweeks.  I would like to know where i can change the amount of troops in castles and towns to 50 and 200 and for them to remain that size and not grow as i lvl .
Leonidas480bc, I looked into it but I don't really see an easy way to apply a limit to garrisons. I've never really had them go out of control anyway, and if you just want smaller battles you can reduce the battle size before you attack a garrison. I might look into it more later.

Thurk, that's under mst_sneak_caught_fight. The part you need to edit is:
0 4112 447 16 1 4  128 127 9 391
Use the same way of looking up item numbers as I mentioned above, and change the items to whatever you like. This is the actual fight scene for if you have to "fight your way out", but once you're in the town anything changed here won't apply. So if you, say, visit the tavern, you won't have anything you added here - but it hardly matters, since you only fight in this scene. If you really wanted to be funny, change the 447 to 256 and it won't override your equipment at all. Then you would "sneak in" with your full armor, even heraldry if you have a shield or heraldric mail.

Nobody will expect it...

Everyone expects you to be in a pilgrim outfit and such...
I just wish i had one of those flag thingies sticking out of my back. THAT would make it awesome...

I always found it funny that putting a robe on carrying a stick and wrapping some cloth around your head was a disguise, when NOBODY ELSE wears anything like it. You'd think the disguise would be commoner clothes with some type of hat that covers your face, or a full helm with generic looking armor so you just appear as a member of a mercenary company (of which plenty are always in town, just see the tavern!).

I guess it's supposed to be some kind of poor traveller's outfit, since the guards at the castle call you a beggar, but it seems like you'd stick out. Although apparently the disguise is pretty good, considering the same guards tell you that you stink. Although pretty much any traveler in that time period would stink, so I guess they're just rude to the poor.

Back
Top Bottom