Compilation of 82 little tweaks to the text files to change your gameplay(links)

Users who are viewing this thread

I'm relatively new to M&B, however, I wanted to let you know your work has quelled my frustration with Dhirim, made my herding chores much easier, and been very helpful during sieges.

May the virgins of 1000 Sheiks join your dreams  :cool:

Hmm, 1000 virgins? Tempting, but 1000 women is just too much to handle - it'd make my dream into a nightmare. I'll settle for 10 :razz:

Haha, your all welcome.

I've been enjoying making these. It started out as just tweaking things to make my own gameplay better. Then it got to where tweaking the game became as much fun as playing it. Now I'm running my M&B game in windowed mode, checking the forums and making tweaks between battles. :grin:

TheMageLord said:
I've been enjoying making these. It started out as just tweaking things to make my own gameplay better. Then it got to where tweaking the game became as much fun as playing it. Now I'm running my M&B game in windowed mode, checking the forums and making tweaks between battles. :grin:
Hehe, how familiar. I'm doing exactly this all the time, only with map editor and TLD map :smile:

Thanks for these, you big old haxx0r you :razz:

But remember kids, "from small change comes great prosperityTM"

TheMageLord said:
Hmm, 1000 virgins? Tempting, but 1000 women is just too much to handle - it'd make my dream into a nightmare. I'll settle for 10 :razz:

Haha, your all welcome.

Eh, 1000 is enough for total anonymity between the women. Not too much infighting.
10 though...each of them knows who the other is and each is ready to launch themselves at your eyeballs for favoring one over the other.

I'd go for the 1000.

and by the way, I'm sure you could find plenty of volunteers to help you handle them.

Its amazing what a little knowledge and some work can accomplish.  I salute you :!:

Been wanting to use that exclamation mark for quite some time, now I actually get to use it right!!!

If you go View - Restore Module Data, it will pick up any changes to the module without re-opening M&B. I always save and go to the main menu before doing this to make sure everything is updated correctly, and after loading everything works fine.

I assume thats what Restore Module Data was meant for, but either way it works - and I haven't had any horrible game problems due to it.  Yet!  :lol:

Can you confirm that the ale and wine fix doesn't interfere with the quest to deliver booze to a tavern? I know in 0.960 they involved different kinds of ale or wine, but do we know this is still the case? It wouldn't be good if the quest failed because your army started drinking the stuff you're supposed to deliver.

Yea, I thought about that before I even posted the fix. I already checked, it doesn't interfere. We still have 2 kinds of ale - the quest type ale doesn't even have an amount to it.

TML, do you think you can find a fix to reduce the amount of time required to pass, to recruit new soldiers from the prisoners you have?

Sure, that's actually quite easy. Open up menus.txt and do a search for
2106 2 1224979098644774912 24 32
The 24 there is the number of hours between recruiting from prisoners. It's actually the number of hours subtracted from the current time, and it then checks if that number is greater than the last time you recruited. If it is, then it works. Due to this, changing it to 0 would mean you can recruit every few steps on the map. Change it to whatever you like.

Just in case anyone else can actually read this stuff, the 32 in the above numbers is actually related to the line of code after that one, I just included it in what to search for so that it would skip the other instance of taking the time and subtracting 24, which wasn't related.

Wow MageLord you probably know as much as Armagan about the coding of this game. It's like you programmed it lol.

Do you work on coding software or anything like that or did you learn how to code out of interest? I reckon you should be hired by Armagan to help out with M&B2 since you show so much enthusiasm and knowledge in this area.

Heh, all I'm doing is changing the text files - the module that the game runs. I don't know everything off the top of my head, I just know the way the M&B module system works from modding it in the past. Thus when he asked about recruiting prisoners, I immediately knew the bit would be inside the menu that recruits prisoners - going there in the .960 module system I immediately saw how the system worked there and knew what needed to be changed for Lord Kinlar's request in .960. So then I went in the 1.003 text files, looked up the script and made sure it worked the same (From looking at them, I've gotten to where I can kind of read it if I know what it's supposed to be), then found the specific numbers to search for and edit.

I guess you could say I'm a good researcher, I quickly researched what was needed and posted the results :grin:

I don't work on any kind of programming. I don't even really know any programming languages. I can figure them out fairly easily, but it's all trial and error and I have to look things up as I go. The real knowledge I have here is just from past modding and the recent tweaking that I've done on M&B, which made me quite familiar with the module system. I'm learning as I go :smile:

Well nevertheless learning all that on your own is an achievement. I don't know how anyone can read all those numbers to be honest lol.

Well done helping everyone out, I'm sure it's much appreciated by many players - not just by the ones who reply to your posts.

You are the official M&B Handyman lol, great work and keep it up!  :mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom