MP Competitive environment (autobalance siege) / In-game voice chat

Users who are viewing this thread

Horked

Ill get straight to the point, please disregard my crappy english:

The siege mode has a score-board and a generic CTF setting, I must assume that TW want it to be a competitive environment.

Players can join the team they so wish. Players can group with friends and join the same team. Is this competitive?

It is not. If TW want it to be competitive, players must not be able to join the teams they want and they shouldnt be able to group up and join the same server. If you insist that players must be able to join whatever team they want, there is no point in a scoreboard nor a CTF setting, it will never be balanced thus competitive.

There is captain and skirmish modes for groups and clans. This is competitive modes.

Im sure it will be shot down, but i suggest to force players on a team and not allow groups to join.

Another solution would be ingame voice chat

Last edited:
Siege is as casual as it gets, do you really think a 100+ player enviorment is intended for competitive play?

Siege is as casual as it gets, do you really think a 100+ player enviorment is intended for competitive play?
Yes. I wouldnt play if it wasnt competitive. But having daily pubstomp teams is becomming very frustrating for us solo players. We arent pawns in the pubstompers game, there to be gangbang massacred. We want a fair balanced game. Teams are the majority, they dictate the matches, get to pick the factions they want and the maps they want. Solos just sit and watch what next map will be.When a map has 32 votes and the others have less than 10, you know something is up. 15 on khan and 15 on Vlandia and then they all join Vlandia and boast about "EZ" when they win 10mins into the match.

Last edited:
Right now, half the server have fun.

With autobalance, the entire server have fun.

No.
Siege is the diehard casual mode, not allowing groups to join just hampers players who wanna play together, for no reason. At the end of the day groups don't really have any major impact on the outcome of a siege round if the server has a high population. I've never even seen a group on siege with 5+ players?
There is an auto-balance already and that's all that's required. Our group has been split up countless times because of it already.

Lastly, there is absolutely nothing competitive about siege. Zero. And it was never intended on being competitive.

Wouldnt this require one to be member of a clan?
No not exactly, some events are public (anyone can join) but some are more private (clans vs clan), public ones are basically just promoting people to join clans, but these public ones are less serious. However, tis may vary depending on your location. Lol

Wait people are actually playing siege competitively?
People actually care which side wins?
They actually care how well they perform in siege?

All this time wasted playing it like it was tdm with better spawns.
Please don't tell me that tdm is a competitive mode just because it has scoreboard.

Seems like you are right and this is in fact how majority play. Shame. Kinda killed me MP gameplay a tad.

Games is timewaste as is, despite this, however, you can still learn and improve various skills, (for example strategic, analytic, tactical, creative, improvisation) playing videogames - provided that there is a goal or aim in the game other than just 'random', playing a game with no aim or goal is making the game pointless for me and I dont learn anything other than maybe some eye-hand coordination. I could might as well sit and watch TV, gaming become irrelevant. Imagine if RL sports was like that, players didnt care about victory because it was uneven teams anyway and one of the teams was stacked with superstars while other team was 2nd division lol

@Horked You do realize there is actual competitive scene in this game? Siege is a fun game mode where you go without thinking too much and just go with the flow. It shouldn't and won't be a mode where teams are tryharding to win.

“The time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted time”

@Kripaz why is people then stacking the teams, 10mins matches where one side is massacring the other? if winning is irrelevant, why do they then seem to do everything they can to gain various advantages? over 30 votes on 1 map (dont come and tell me this is all public votes) and you see how everyone jumps on defender side as soon as they get the chance?

“The time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted time”
when teams are this uneven, i dont enjoy it. im frustrated that my favorite game is ruined by noobs who dont care about balance. i wish i could get a refund.

why is people then stacking the teams, 10mins matches where one side is massacring the other?
Usually defenders win if attackers fail to take first three flags in reasonable time frame and usually attackers win the game if attackers are able to take them. This has nothing to do with stacking, but how the morale and respawn system works in Bl siege. You can blame game mode balance, but team balance wouldn't fix anything.
over 30 votes on 1 map (dont come and tell me this is all public votes) and you see how everyone jumps on defender side as soon as they get the chance?
When there's about 100 players in the server, over 30 votes on one map isn't even odd considering there's only four maps to choose from. Usually map voting rotates all four maps equally and that's why people tend to vote a map that hasn't been played for a while. Also people tend to vote what others have voted. That's why votes are usually secret irl.

I personally haven't noticed players jumping on defenders side just to win. Players usually play either one and stick with it and rarely switch their routine. Personally I always play as attacker and rarely defend, no matter the map or faction.

when teams are this uneven, i dont enjoy it. im frustrated that my favorite game is ruined by noobs who dont care about balance
Most of the players don't care about balance, because there's nothing to gain with autobalance. Damn I hated it when in EA release Siege was in matchmaking section (just like Skirmish and Captain). I was never able to choose the side I wanted to play and in the end I would just rather play TDM.
i wish i could get a refund
Me too, but for different reasons

Back
Top Bottom