• Please note that we've updated the Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord save file system which requires you to take certain steps in order for your save files to be compatible with e1.7.1 and any later updates. You can find the instructions here.

Competitive changes for future tourneys

Users who are viewing this thread

OurGloriousLeader said:
ZombieJR said:
Can't really say what I think unless I tried it really. Although the javelin point seems odd, maybe the Nord cavalry should only be allowed to drop 2 packs each instead, so that there would be 5-20 javelins shared between 4/5 infantry, putting a stop to all of the spam but they also still have an effect.

This is what happens currently. 20 javs on inf plus 10 on cav = 30 javs on round 1.

Whats wrong with 30 javs? I mean, the only thing that Nord cav have, is javs. Why reducing the amount of it? If nords are standing against Veagirs in an open map, 30 javs are surely not enough. The nord archer is quite useless and the cav are weak. Less javs wont improve anything in my opinion, altho as mentioned by a few, i would really liek to try ideas :grin:
 

OurGloriousLeader

Grandmaster Knight
It's not the javs on the cav that is the problem, it's the basically-free javs on Nord inf who can throw without risk and have very high throwing skill/damage.
 

Muzzle C

Sergeant Knight
WBNWWF&SVC
Dopey played by Dopey in Dopey starring Dopey with Dopey said:
Would love to see some kind of small spawn delay (~5s) implemented, similar to the one cavalry has on IG. Would make upgrading, sorting out drops etc in the middle of a set much less painful when you have a dedicated window for it, instead of having to spend time at the end/start of a round.

This. Doesn't make much point that atm you have to compete in speed for choosing equipment.

Also competitive mod, client side is needed.
I don't have much of an opinion for stat / price changes but using client side mod would add standard to competitive scene.
You can't really tell what kind of mods people are using in matches these days.. NeoGK for example is pretty obvious problem, was just discussed in another thread.
This would in other words give us protection against many potential cheats. (minimaps, healthbars, troopinfo etc..)
Just to clarify this could still be made native compatible. Only with exception that you get kicked from tournament servers if you don't use it.

Not sure what's the current state of modders in the scene, but i can provide the scripts if there's interest.

Edit: I meant i can provide the scripts i mentioned above. Was not a "scripts by request" offer. Just to clarify
 

ZombieJR

Knight at Arms
OurGloriousLeader said:
ZombieJR said:
Can't really say what I think unless I tried it really. Although the javelin point seems odd, maybe the Nord cavalry should only be allowed to drop 2 packs each instead, so that there would be 5-20 javelins shared between 4/5 infantry, putting a stop to all of the spam but they also still have an effect.

This is what happens currently. 20 javs on inf plus 10 on cav = 30 javs on round 1.

That's sort of what im getting at but, the cav would not have any if they were to drop 10 javelins
 

Surkan

Baron
WBNW
what we really need is to remove shields, archers, throwing weapons and cav from the game. this game would be much more interesting with just weapons!
 

๖Kern

Grandmaster Knight
WBNW
HKP said:
or we use surkans spare battlenet account and play wow with arni and the rest of russia

Why didnt you come up with this sooner? The problem is solved now.
 

🐝 M

Marquis
Think you're trying to do too much too fast. Should stick to small uncontroversial changes to avoid it feeling too drastic or people will have a knee-jerk reaction back at it just as they have in previous attempts to make community patches. Baby steps or nothing will get done.

If there's a rough consensus on stat changes and stuff I'll add them to the Ludus, won't bother if it's some incredi-patch cause I know I'll just be undoing it again in a month's time.
 

Caius IV

I always thought that reducing archers shooting speed would be a good idea too but I guess we can't do anything about that.
 

Gibby Jr

Marquis
Caius IV said:
I always thought that reducing archers shooting speed would be a good idea too but I guess we can't do anything about that.

Archer proficiencies can be lowered, but doing so means a reduction in both accuracy and shooting speed. Makes it hard to make a significant change but slight reductions could be done, (5 - 10 points off shouldn't affect accuracy very much but will lower shooting speed) although I doubt many archer players support this. Not sure if I do either without testing.

I don't agree with getting rid of long awlpikes or getting rid of Nord javs, I think these things add interesting dynamics and although they are the strengths of Swadia and Nords respectively they are not all those factions have. Those factions are strong anyway and I think the focus should instead be on ensuring every faction has something which is its strength, rather than removing existing strengths. Vaegirs, Swadia and Nords are covered in this regard, each with something uniquely powerful.
 

OurGloriousLeader

Grandmaster Knight
Gibby Jr said:
I don't agree with getting rid of long awlpikes or getting rid of Nord javs, I think these things add interesting dynamics and although they are the strengths of Swadia and Nords respectively they are not all those factions have.

If interesting dynamics = the things that make an already-strong faction overpowered, then sure.
 

Gibby Jr

Marquis
OurGloriousLeader said:
Gibby Jr said:
I don't agree with getting rid of long awlpikes or getting rid of Nord javs, I think these things add interesting dynamics and although they are the strengths of Swadia and Nords respectively they are not all those factions have.

If interesting dynamics = the things that make an already-strong faction overpowered, then sure.

Interesting dynamics = a faction having a unique strength

Nord javs, Swadia awlpike, Vaegir archers etc.

It is only against Rhodoks and Sarranids these are OP because they have nothing going for them.
 

Fietta

buıʇʇǝs uoıʇɔǝɹıp ʞɔɐʇʇɐ
Marquis
M&BWBWF&SNWVC
As Swadia you bait the infantry into the open because you know you can't face them in infantry fights, if you get rid of Swadian awlpikes, how are Swadia gonna win?
 

부부를 넘어서 가자

Grandmaster Knight
WBWF&S
HKP said:
or we use surkans spare battlenet account and play wow with arni and the rest of russia
3c5b1865ac90eec15e76f7c544baeea2.png
 
Top Bottom