Company's

Users who are viewing this thread

You mean, how to recruit men into your company (party)?

I presume that you play Europe 1805, so;
You can either recruit: soldiers from villages (which are expensive 'cause you have to pay for their equipment), recruit mercenaries in taverns (which are good to start with), or recruit soldiers from a recruitment officer in a town (you have to be a vassal (officer) for a faction for this last option).

Something more about the last option:
Captured Joe said:
Well, if Prussia your faction has either joined France or the Coalition, you can recruit at the Staff Sergeants' in other cities that are allied with Prussia your faction (so either French & pro-french or Coalition cities -- no neutral ones!). If Prussia your faction hasn't chosen a side, well... then you'll have to wait untill the recruitment-pool of Prussia's your faction's Sergeants is replenished again. Or you can recruit more infantry, or use Mercenary cavalry...

Captured Joe said:
Those 'recruitment officers' I mentioned replace the Prison Guards; They usually have the faction's officer uniform with (usually) a different hat, and hang around in the city center-scene (where you find the Guild-Masters also). Good luck!

You can take soldiers (no companions) from your party and assign them to your Companion's company.

Don't remember right now how it exactly works, but it's not hard to do.
EDIT: I believe it was through the dialogue, that you can click on "make me a company" (or such) and then assign troops from your party to his/her company.

So I remembered it erroneously. Today I checked it in-game, and you are right. Here is the sollution:

Talk to your companion, let him form a Company. Close the dialog screen and the Party menu.
Go to the Camp Menu. Choose the "Take An Action" option.
Choose the "Organize Battle Arrays" option. Choose the Company you want to assign troops to.
Click through one more option-window. You arrive in a Party-Menu:
Now, you can give troops to and take troops from the new company. The men will vanish from your party menu, but fight with you in battle.

Good Luck!

Captured Joe said:
So I remembered it erroneously. Today I checked it in-game, and you are right. Here is the sollution:

Talk to your companion, let him form a Company. Close the dialog screen and the Party menu.
Go to the Camp Menu. Choose the "Take An Action" option.
Choose the "Organize Battle Arrays" option. Choose the Company you want to assign troops to.
Click through one more option-window. You arrive in a Party-Menu:
Now, you can give troops to and take troops from the new company. The men will vanish from your party menu, but fight with you in battle.

Good Luck!
do you still have to pay their wages?

Back
Top Bottom