Company of Trouble quest: why can't I buy them?

Users who are viewing this thread

as a quick recap of the quest, a lord gives you some units of mercenaries and wants you to go to other lords and try to convince them to buy them. my question is why don't I have an option to simply buy them instead? I am constantly leading armies, so finding a lord isn't a problem for me. however, while on campaign I would honestly pay a stupid amount of denars for some decent troops. and on the off chance that no lord in my army wants to buy them, I really don't want to run around the map trying to find a lord to buy them. this is especially frustrating since you can loss items from your inventory because the mercenaries "steal" from you until you finish the quest!

Because they are technically not a company is the simple answer I guess. They don't exist as a group of soldiers, just piece of code or script that steals your stuff once per day or so. Now that code or script could probably be extended to add few dialog lines and add bunch of soldiers to you if you choose them, but then issues like what happens if you get them killed in a battle would arise and it likely was not deemed worth the trouble to add all that complexity to the quest.
Just my guess.

TW probably thinks would be too useful to player to be able to to get a buncha very weak generic infantry like that.
Because they are technically not a company is the simple answer I guess. They don't exist as a group of soldiers, just piece of code or script that steals your stuff once per day or so. Now that code or script could probably be extended to add few dialog lines and add bunch of soldiers to you if you choose them, but then issues like what happens if you get them killed in a battle would arise and it likely was not deemed worth the trouble to add all that complexity to the quest.
Just my guess.
I'm pretty sure I've finished the quest by killing them all in battle with FF, so these is some scripts (or whatever) for the contingency of them all dying.

TW probably thinks would be too useful to player to be able to to get a buncha very weak generic infantry like that.

I'm pretty sure I've finished the quest by killing them all in battle with FF, so these is some scripts (or whatever) for the contingency of them all dying.
What is FF?

Back
Top Bottom