Companions

Users who are viewing this thread

In the feature list it states

"-Companion system improved and remade"

Last time I played I stopped because of the weird companions feature in this mod. They seem to be only teachers or trainers of some profession, they are assigned some religion, they are unvisible in the party and every city I go to they are the same. Can anyone elaborate on that? In what way is this an improvement? Please don't take offense, I must admit I did not do a lot of research after finding out about that, I just quit. I want to get into this mod again. Thanks in advance!

Two ways on how to acquire them.

You hire the mercenary companions from any city. They are all the same, but have the skins you pay for. They are commoners, I believe. Don't give them fiefs.

Second type are the local nobles. You get them by inviting them for a hunt from your fief or castle. They are nobles, as implied, but there are only few of them, more precisely: Each culture has only 3. So, if you get 3 companions from your french fief, no other european fiefs will have nobles. Conquer Islam/Pagan/Mongol lands to get their noble companions.

I think it is a lot better than going around random taverns, looking for random people.

No list, there are total of 12 of the nobles I think, for each culture. They have culture-specific names (catholic, mongolian, islamic), and some decent starting quests, the mercenary ones from towns are always the same and have only few skills in their speciality (medic, trader, ..)

I have a little problem with companions...
I'm a vassal to Holy Land (hiero-something) and manage to get all mercenary companions, when I loose the battle and lost most of them, when I ransom them they start coming back in few days time, all except two - Muneer and Ryasat (both muslim)
when I asking in taverns, I was told they are in some cities, but I can't find them there, nor in tavern, nor in city or throe the mercenary screen
btw. I own Damascus, so in theory I should get them...

thanks for help :smile:

The "find them in tavern" won't work - they either need to be ransomed and will come back or will be again at your fief / city at "invite local nobles for a hunt".

Mine were, at least. Though when I had more than 6 or 9 noble companions, I tried my hardest to never lose a battle just so I wouldn't have to deal with this problem again.

Foster161 said:
The "find them in tavern" won't work - they either need to be ransomed and will come back or will be again at your fief / city at "invite local nobles for a hunt".

Mine were, at least. Though when I had more than 6 or 9 noble companions, I tried my hardest to never lose a battle just so I wouldn't have to deal with this problem again.
oh, well...
I use one of tricks from Viking Conquest...
the was a story in that mod that give you a queen who love's you, and she die on the end, so everyone want;s her back...
https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,323613.msg7977885.html#msg7977885

and it's working in my case
I've done:
1. put lordly companions I want to swap in the top of my party list - mind religion, if you are catholic choose catholic etc.
2. open save in save editor and go to troops part and find missing companion - about 700 and below
3. go to slots and change current center to -1, whatever it is
4. now, go to party, choose mine (no. 0) and change troop id in stacks no.1 (that your first soldier) for missing companion id
5. save as save with one number highter - if something goes wrong
6. play the game and wait a week to my companion come back to the party, that one I abounded, because missing one was already in my party :smile:

Usually when you loose some *noble* companions(usually 2) are found back at their *cultural* fief.
No matter what faction has Kiev you only get the 3 slavic nobles. Same guys for the Halych-Volynia, Novgorod and most of Mongols fiefs as those are Rus cities and Castles.
The lithuanians, prussians and kuronians share the same 3 noble guys. 6 till now.
I suspect all western Europian faction share the same 3 nobles too? 9 till now.
No idea if *Bysans* and *greece* have separate guys from the west Europe. Possible 3 more.
Looks like the muslim factions share their own 3 nobles too? 3 more there.

There is in east a Mongol owned City, I never owned it so I have no idea if in that fief there are *mongol* nobles. Possible 3 more.

If you have lost the fief from where the nobles came from-nothing happends. But if you don't have the same *cultural* fief and you lost a battle you wont find some of them again till you get that *cultural* fief as a Lord of it again.

I had max number of 9 nobles as companions, usually I play in eastern Europe.
Maybe someone else can fill in for the rest of factions.

I took the city of Krakow in Poland and still only get three Mongol nobles in my court, so I'm not sure if it is working correctly. Once recruited, no one else appears.

I believe, that Mongols have no lords, as I took Aleppo and culture is islam, even if before was mongol
on other hand, you have 15 noble companions, 3 from catholic, 3 from muslim, 3 from balt/pagan, 3 from orthodox and suppose to be 3 from mongols...

this trick with swapping companions working only with noble ones, as mercenary will not come back

ps. I find an easy way to increase battle size - start the game and finish, go to your documents/mount&blade folder and find rgl_config.txt, change battle_size for number you want, each number give's 120 bigger, so for 2 will be 270, for 3 390 etc.

Towns, villages and castles do not give noble companions according to the kingdom that owns the land, but according to the culture.

There are very few towns and villages that are original Mongolian. Sarai is among them, I think.

Aleppo is a muslim city. It's only controlled by the khanate. That's why Mongolian nobles are the most valuable to get and too precious to lose.

clock4orange said:
I believe, that Mongols have no lords, as I took Aleppo and culture is islam, even if before was mongol

The Mongols definitely have lords; their names are Tomorbaatar, Bat-Erdene and Ganzorig. Their skills are barely special enough to warrant mentioning, to be honest. You get the same two "warrior" companions as the other cultures -- with the only difference being starting points in horse archery -- while their "trainer" companion (Tomorbaatar) doesn't even have that much going for him.

Foster161 said:
Towns, villages and castles do not give noble companions according to the kingdom that owns the land, but according to the culture.

There are very few towns and villages that are original Mongolian. Sarai is among them, I think.

Aleppo is a muslim city. It's only controlled by the khanate. That's why Mongolian nobles are the most valuable to get and too precious to lose.

The weird thing is that playing as a Mongol, I only get Mongol lords, no matter where the city is. Whether it's that North African castle Gabes (Muslim) or the Polish city of Krakow (Euro). My other play-through as a vassal of the Crusader States allows me to recruit depending on the local culture though -- when I took Beni Suef solo, the lords I could recruit were Muslims -- so I know it isn't something gone wrong with my install. Maybe it is a feature if you serve the il-Khanate?

Apocal said:
Is there a list of them or anything? Or are they just generic companions with the same stats?

The troops.txt file says that there are 29 different companions available in the game:
Code:
Troop ID	Name
trp_npc1	Vytenis
trp_npc2	Ligeikis
trp_npc3	Karijotas
trp_npc4	Joseph
trp_npc5	Peter
trp_npc6	John
trp_npc7	Alexander
trp_npc8	Alexis
trp_npc9	Demetrius
trp_npc10	Aadil
trp_npc11	Bashaar
trp_npc12	Damurah
trp_npc13	Ganzorig
trp_npc14	Bat-Erdene
trp_npc15	Tömörbaatar
trp_npc16	Vėlgirtas
trp_npc17	Helge
trp_npc18	Ganbataar
trp_npc19	Visgirtas
trp_npc20	Riyasat
trp_npc21	Charles
trp_npc22	Nestor
trp_npc23	Simon
trp_npc24	Yasir
trp_npc25	Henry
trp_npc26	Rimgirdas
trp_npc27	Tychon
trp_npc28	Muneer
trp_npc29	Naranbaatar

Unfortunately it doesn't specify where to get every single one of them.

HYPE said:
Apocal said:
Is there a list of them or anything? Or are they just generic companions with the same stats?

The troops.txt file says that there are 29 different companions available in the game:
Code:
Troop ID	Name
trp_npc1	Vytenis
trp_npc2	Ligeikis
trp_npc3	Karijotas
trp_npc4	Joseph
trp_npc5	Peter
trp_npc6	John
trp_npc7	Alexander
trp_npc8	Alexis
trp_npc9	Demetrius
trp_npc10	Aadil
trp_npc11	Bashaar
trp_npc12	Damurah
trp_npc13	Ganzorig
trp_npc14	Bat-Erdene
trp_npc15	Tömörbaatar
trp_npc16	Vėlgirtas
trp_npc17	Helge
trp_npc18	Ganbataar
trp_npc19	Visgirtas
trp_npc20	Riyasat
trp_npc21	Charles
trp_npc22	Nestor
trp_npc23	Simon
trp_npc24	Yasir
trp_npc25	Henry
trp_npc26	Rimgirdas
trp_npc27	Tychon
trp_npc28	Muneer
trp_npc29	Naranbaatar

Unfortunately it doesn't specify where to get every single one of them.

The first fifteen are the fief companions. First 3 are balt. I've never had them, but I assume you get them in Baltic fiefs(Not Teuton), ie. Pruteni, Kursi, Lithuaniana, etc. The next 3 are Catholics, and you get them in all Catholic fiefs. The next 3 are Orthodox Christian, and you get them in the Russian and Greek fiefs, Novgorod Rus, Galician Rus, and the lands of the Byzantines. The next 3 are Muslims, and you get them in all Muslim lands(Not sure about former Turkish lands occupied by Mongols). And the Final 3 are Mongols which I assume you get in Mongol lands, but I've never played long enough as a mongol to get a fief, so I don't know where the delineations are.

The last 14 are recruitable in Towns. Though you can technically only recruit 1 of each type,  there are tricks to get past this.   
First, if you recruit the last Trainer, Naranbaatar, the game will let you recruit the topmost Trainer, Henry. Second, if you join a lord's army, and you're in a town, the game lets you recruit new companions. The old companions will rejoin you once you leave the lord's service.

Back
Top Bottom