Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.

Spinozart1

Knight at Arms
Summary: Companions left in town will start to teleport after a week or two a few days. You can not use them as emissaries in desired town because they will move to a different settlement.
How to Reproduce: Leave any companion in town and wait 2 weeks a few days.

This strange behaviour came with 1.7.2 (though I remember similar issue was happening in 1.5.xx).

EDIT
Actually, it seems like companions shift town every 3 days of so...

Last edited:
I can attest to this being an issue with my companion who is governor, she is jumping all over the map, however all the buffs and settlement improvements etc still apply as if she was present.

Steward skill and Charm still improve(but charm is cause of relations in other towns than mine..)
Steward as she was present in the town as normal. (big boost when an improvement is completed, and passive slowly for prosperity increase etc).

Un-assign her and then put her back in the position, will instant teleport her to the town, but as he said just a few days later teleports to another town.

This also hurts to some degree the ability for the steward to do "missions" for the notables in the city, and thus it takes longer than usual to get the city-noteables "to support you".

The stewart will however "act like an ambassador" in other cities they jump to, I keep on getting relations with noteables or lords of other cities.
Which is ok, but not ideal.

That said the steward still get steward skill and their bonuses also apply to the town, just very annoying with the porting.
Also for players with some intrest in "building" relations with the steward - as in we could craft an item for them and get relations, we cant when they port all over, as they'll move to another by the time we reach it etc.

We can re-assign the steward again and not leave true, but before the crafting missions gets added in - they've ported again.
I've now seen it happend in less than 1 ingame day(note it was late in the evening), but between 1-3 days typically.

I did have in one case the lord stick around in the town while the "arena-competion" (tournament) was present, but as soon as some noble won it - he ported out again.

This also hurts to some degree the ability for the steward to do "missions" for the notables in the city, and thus it takes longer than usual to get the city-noteables "to support you".

The stewart will however "act like an ambassador" in other cities they jump to, I keep on getting relations with noteables or lords of other cities.
Which is ok, but not ideal.

That said the steward still get steward skill and their bonuses also apply to the town, just very annoying with the porting.
Also for players with some intrest in "building" relations with the steward - as in we could craft an item for them and get relations, we cant when they port all over, as they'll move to another by the time we reach it etc.

We can re-assign the steward again and not leave true, but before the crafting missions gets added in - they've ported again.
I've now seen it happend in less than 1 ingame day(note it was late in the evening), but between 1-3 days typically.

I did have in one case the lord stick around in the town while the "arena-competion" (tournament) was present, but as soon as some noble won it - he ported out again.
A little bit off-topic but what do you mean by "Steward missions"?
Never heard about those.

A little bit off-topic but what do you mean by "Steward missions"?
Never heard about those.

I dont think its called that in an official capacity, but its how I describe it.

When your steward is in town, they will often do missions for the noteables in the town.

When they do this you get + relations with the noteable and also some denars for it.
The steward also get a small boost to Charm skill.

With this bug, this "mission" dont get done and the steward rarely get any boost to charm at all(sometimes when they seem to have won a game vs a noble in another city)

On topic I've noticed that this only happends with the governors of towns, those in castle for me atleast stay put.

Update on this issue.

I've seen that the lords assigned to castle will stay as they shall.
Governors of cities will teleport all over the map after a few days.

Some of the bonuses they have will not apply, when they are not present, some will.
Like the "governor's culture bonus/penalty" will apply.
Bonus to prosperity and milita production will not apply - atleast not in my cases.
The security bonus that they have from skill will not be applied either.

While its not gamebreaking its rather annoying.
As you have to every other day check if the governor is at assigned spot or not.

The "fix" is to remove them from governor, choose no, then exit screen, assign them, exit screen and they are back applying various bonuses etc.
This can be done from the UI, and you dont have to travel all the way back to town.
Again I call it "fix" as you will have to check it once every other day, when they have teleported away.

I'm not 100% sure on this part I'm putting in, but it seems they are getting less steward skill than normal when they port, they still do get it, but much less(the city is +2 prosperity atm, and is fairly decent).
Governor "only" have 2 focus but still got plenty of pts to skill out yet.
And again when they are present they get an update to the skill every other day, and not once in a blue moon.

I havent tested with "noble governors"(like family) but just the companion governors, so I'm not sure if this is haveing an impact.

I tried to leave them in settlement manually, then assign the role, but they still ported.

Update on this issue.

I've seen that the lords assigned to castle will stay as they shall.
Governors of cities will teleport all over the map after a few days.

Some of the bonuses they have will not apply, when they are not present, some will.
Like the "governor's culture bonus/penalty" will apply.
Bonus to prosperity and milita production will not apply - atleast not in my cases.
The security bonus that they have from skill will not be applied either.

While its not gamebreaking its rather annoying.
As you have to every other day check if the governor is at assigned spot or not.

The "fix" is to remove them from governor, choose no, then exit screen, assign them, exit screen and they are back applying various bonuses etc.
This can be done from the UI, and you dont have to travel all the way back to town.
Again I call it "fix" as you will have to check it once every other day, when they have teleported away.

I'm not 100% sure on this part I'm putting in, but it seems they are getting less steward skill than normal when they port, they still do get it, but much less(the city is +2 prosperity atm, and is fairly decent).
Governor "only" have 2 focus but still got plenty of pts to skill out yet.
And again when they are present they get an update to the skill every other day, and not once in a blue moon.

I havent tested with "noble governors"(like family) but just the companion governors, so I'm not sure if this is haveing an impact.

I tried to leave them in settlement manually, then assign the role, but they still ported.

Another update, atleast on my end my "speculation" on the lack of steward skill or much slower than normal when the companion is teleporting.
So I put in an effort to see what happend, and you could see that when the companion was in town the daily steward skill had a "steady" update and in a few days they would get a few pts.
Now when they teleport the skill grinds to a "full stop".
While its not gamebreaking as long as you are aware of it, and well its not, its just very frustrating, and specially for OCD(mild) ppl like myself.
Since I know the workaround and are aware of the issue, I just micro-manage it abit.

I did notice 1 odd thing, that the governor I have in Marunath actually stays for weeks at a time, unlike the others which will teleport in 3-5 days.
The one assigned there actually was there for 4 weeks or more.

Governors asigned to castle will function as normal though.

As stated on another thread, this is what I'm seeing: "I run into the same thing, although I'm not sure they actually move. When I go to the clan member page it shows them in different towns, but when I go to the town/castle I actually assigned them to, they are still there. When I go to the fiefs page it shows them still assigned to the appropriate town/castle. I still see them getting steward bonuses & stuff so I assume their bonuses are still being applied to the town/castle I assigned them to, even when I'm not there. Maybe what I'm seeing isn't the same glitch or maybe I am only partially glitched, but thats what I see."

Back
Top Bottom