companions should come back to u when escape captivity

Users who are viewing this thread

The larger priorities for the game have been shared for some time now. More specific inquiries don't usually warrant a meeting.

How about that timeline? Doesnt seem to match up at ll as far as where features are and the release date. Why not give us an honest update on that as it no longer seems reasonable nor honest

Maybe the lack of things " being actively worked on" wouldn't feel quite as bad if we knew what WAS being worked on.

But the community isnt allowed to know what's coming in any future patch either.

It's quite infuriating...

How about that timeline? Doesnt seem to match up at ll as far as where features are and the release date. Why not give us an honest update on that as it no longer seems reasonable nor honest
That is clearly a matter for the company to discuss and very different from the content questions we are engaging with here. In any case, afaik no release date was shared.

Maybe the lack of things " being actively worked on" wouldn't feel as bad if we knew what WAS being worked on. But we aren't allowed to know what's coming in any future patch either. It's quite infuriating. Anyone can see that.

There are still plenty of outstanding items (either unreleased or to be improved/added upon) that we are working on from this. Not to mention that I shared the kind of information you are asking for... in this very topic.

That is clearly a matter for the company to discuss and very different from the content questions we are engaging with here. In any case, afaik no release date was shared.

Many companies keep their Early Access backers informed on points of High Interest to the fanbase - yours chooses not only not to, but basically give us zero positive information ever. Thats YOUR company decision and why we, the fanbase here are dissatisfied with your interaction with the community. Its entirely up to you -stonewall the community and reject even very easy coding placements, expect a confrontational "loyal fanbase". Its the flipside of your decision.

There are still plenty of outstanding items (either unreleased or to be improved/added upon) that we are working on from this.

Ok, but that thread is from August last year.... what I meant was more specifically what might be in coming patches in the coming weeks or months.

I know it's company policy not to release those things. I do understand why...(because things change... and not wanting to raise expectations etc... ) but expectations are SO very low right now that I think that it would be wise to give some more up to date detail. . . .

If Taleworlds were just to do a single forum post every 2 or 3 weeks about progress being made that would make such an enormous impact.

But I know that we won't get any more detail. . . And actually I'm fine with that.

When it comes to Bannerlord I have kind of 'made my peace' with the situation.

It will be a very good game in about 2 or 3 years after the mods have added the necessary depth.

Last edited:
Many companies keep their Early Access backers informed on points of High Interest to the fanbase - yours chooses not only not to, but basically give us zero positive information ever. Thats YOUR company decision and why we, the fanbase here are dissatisfied with your interaction with the community. Its entirely up to you -stonewall the community and reject even very easy coding placements, expect a confrontational "loyal fanbase". Its the flipside of your decision.
I disagree with the premise. The company has shared plenty of positive information and the hyperbole just makes it difficult to engage with the real argument (being unhappy with the general communication). Not to mention that you seem to take that frustration as a valid justification to give individuals that do engage a hard time. Which I don't just disagree with in principle (bias from having worked in my families tourism business? :iamamoron:) but consider a poor strategy. Even if it doesn't discourage me (and it certainly has discouraged others), it does waste time that you could have used to discuss or ask about the actual game.

Ok but that thread is from August last year...
Yes, people wanted to know our longer term plans... and we shared them. I agree that a "status update" would be nice (and have tentatively looked into another SP statement), but people shouldn't expect it to be a grand departure from what we have shared before.

@Duh_TaleWorlds None of us here want you to feel personally ' got at ' ... again, Im sorry.

It's just that sometimes the Bannerlord situation feels....well.. a bit laughable.

That aside...I would really recommend the idea of that status / progress update every few weeks.

If nothing else. That would be hugely positive

It would really clear the air and also help to detoxify the forum. And give people a reason to be more optimistic.

The company has shared plenty of positive information and the hyperbole just makes it difficult to engage with the real argument (being unhappy with the general communication).

Such as what? Please be specific about a longstanding desire being approached and dealt with you by you guys. I believe its you who are speaking in vague terms rather that specifics unless its to tell us "No, we ran your (very easy) idea by our committee and they said no". You've never properly addressed why so many beloved features where removed from the series ie Feasts, Ambush, Drunks, Lords with character traits built in and communications to them about the World. You merely keep it vague in response- my suspicion is its because of Consoles and I challenge you to disagree in detail.

Its disingenuous of you to try and say my not criticizing in detail is wasting time - what a joke?! Are you serious? There are college PHD dissertation level posts here about things like the very unpopular Armor/Damage system -it is YOU guys who make it pedantic rather than giving us a real response "We're thinking about it..... ..... .... ...". Stringing us along ad infinitum.

Im sure youre quite aware a vast majority here have given up on you guys either caring to rework this or simply arent allowed -at this point we'd take just a finished game on your end so the Modders can get to work before they finally vanish -which they will considering they have to update everytme you release a Barber patch

Such as what?
Most, if not all, patches, blogs and development video updates. Plenty of developer posts on the forum... including the very first thing I posted in this thread.

You've never properly addressed
You may not find it proper, but I certainly did go into quite a bit of detailed discussion on those points. I think most of them are in @five bucks thread.

Its disingenuous of you to try and say my not criticizing in detail is wasting time - what a joke?! Are you serious?
I don't think you understood my statement. Us arguing about "what Duh said / no positive news ever / why it is okay to be hostile to devs" in a perfectly positive thread is a waste of time. If you wanted to ask me something specific (not as a challenge or demand, but a normal conversation with a reasonable scope), you could have done so many times over.

at this point we'd take just a finished game on your end so the Modders can get to work before they finally vanish
The game is currently moddable. I have made mods with it.

everytme you release a Barber patch
So... once? But more seriously, you will not convince any company to stop developing its product because a new version would require an update from modders (for the new version, the old version still works as it did before). Not to mention that most patches do include changes specifically requested by modders. As a modder, this kind of discourse really grinds my gears, because it seeks to pit modders against developers - which is soooo not in the interest of anyone.

I just re-installed the game yesterday after maybe a year -finding matching mods was an absolute nightmare. ive been modding for over 20 years - some mods from 2005 still work to this day over an entire series, the way your builds work -it often corrupts the mods requiring nonstop attention. Considering the amount of downloads for a mod like RBM - maybe 300,000? Id say theres a real problem with how youve decided to address the damage/combat situation. Cool that you've revealed to Five bucks, why not address the community concerns as a whole rather than "No. Undecided. Effects overall Vision too much/ Etc..etc..."

But more seriously, you will not convince any company to stop developing its product because a new version would require an update from modders (for the new version, the old version still works as it did before). Not to mention that most patches do include changes specifically requested by modders. As a modder, this kind of discourse really grinds my gears, because it seeks to pit modders against developers - which is soooo not in the interest of anyone.

Ok you edited and added this -i also am a long term modder like i said so stop trying to act like its me "froggyluv" that is the problem here by pitting modder against Dev. Im done with your flimsy evasive answers, dont believe me go talk to Bloc.

Edit: and yet again you've never mentioned how Consoles have effected the overall design like many of us suspect -whats the verdict? Or you just cant say..

Considering the amount of downloads for a mod like RBM - maybe 300,000? Id say theres a real problem with how youve decided to address the damage/combat situation
Floris has millions of downloads across the different platforms we hosted it on (iirc). Warband was still good fun :smile: Which isn't to say that improvements can't or shouldn't be made (as I have discussed in the relevant armor threads).
stop trying to act like its me "froggyluv" that is the problem here by pitting modder against Dev
Not what I did or what I said. You are not the only one making these types of (modder vs. dev) arguments. I find them all problematic. Nothing positive can come of them imo.
Im done with your flimsy evasive answers, dont believe me go talk to Bloc.
We have talked. I am pretty sure his frustration is more with access modifiers than with patches. Some other things may play into it as well, but that is for him to share, not me.
and yet again you've never mentioned how Consoles have effected the overall design like many of us suspect -whats the verdict? Or you just cant say..
Minimal effect on design IMO.

@Duh_TaleWorlds anyway... let's make something positive come out of this thread.

Please do suggest a progress update / status report idea every few weeks. It would make a hell of a difference.

I would also love if there was a patch every few weeks instead!

But I can't see that happening because right now we have one patch every two months. So, since this is true ... (for now at least) ... better to do something to help everyone with the waiting.

Im going to sign off for now . Have a good evening. Open a beer or maybe have a cigar! :smile:

That's what I'm going to do!

Last edited:
Floris has millions of downloads across the different platforms we hosted it on (iirc). Warband was still good fun :smile: Which isn't to say that improvements can't or shouldn't be made.
Not in EA it didnt. And im well aware -i was on the original PoP mod team. Come clean my man -there is a major point of dissent when it comes to the much more "accessible" damage/combat (read:arcadey)in this game of which im sure your aware.

If i were really excited about new and fleshed out features to come -id never complain and wait a decade if need be - like Star Citizen, Ive never complained there despite my 8 year old purchase and never playing it. They share their designs and hopeful features with us -you guys simply do the opposite. Thats the difference.

Sorry @froggyluv I tend to edit a bunch :iamamoron:

Come clean my man -there is a major point of dissent when it comes to the much more "accessible" damage/combat (read:arcadey)in this game of which im sure your aware.
I mean... I just talked about armors a couple days ago
(and subsequent posts)

Sorry @froggyluv I tend to edit a bunch :iamamoron:

I mean... I just talked about armors a couple days ago
(and subsequent posts)

LOL i ran thru all your comments and the ones your debating with Bloc sound oddly familiar. Really alls your ever saying is 'yeah, we are maybe gonna take look at it..". Thats hardly anything to get excited for and eagerly await another patch. Illustrative breakdowns like "Ok so this is our vision of our new and improved revamped armor and combat system ". Plenty of Developers do this -you guys dont. And the amount of "yeah we went to the committee who routinely denied this idea' -is vast and depressing. They seem to like to shut down anything that resembles a ray of hope or sunshine to breathe life into the game and offer up absolutely nothing else.

Ok im done here- your a good sport but are really only relaying the stale old status quo company byline responses. Enjoy your Vakay and nothing personal.

You may not find it proper, but I certainly did go into quite a bit of detailed discussion on those points. I think most of them are in @five bucks thread.
Can I just say, while that thread is being mentioned, that we never got the full answer I think we were expecting from you to that thread?

You said a reply was coming that would address the first part of the thread and then you would tackle the rest later https://forums.taleworlds.com/index...or-you-taleworlds.440590/page-23#post-9673649 which was good, but then we didn't see the latter half.

I know it's a big ask for someone whose job isn't PR. But you got my hopes up... And you're one of the few people at TW who still inspires any confidence.

There are a lot of problems from that thread which I haven't seen TW address as on their radar or even acknowledge, such as: high tier troops dying too easily in autoresolve in situations where they shouldn't, the option to spend more influence on a vote so you can actually change the outcomes of votes (Mexxico said he was planning on doing this but then left before he could), AI spamming the same vote and draining the ruler's influence, nobles and garrisons not being willing to ever surrender, melee cavalry AI being very bad and inaccurate at hitting infantry (this was theoretically addressed with a patch but it's still terrible), and various other issues.

What a sh!tstorm this all is. Honestly, I don't agree with jumping down people's throat when the initial intent was to help someone who had a suggestion. But TW...ya'll ****ed this. Badly.

You need to send out an written update every once in a while so people can get excited about the game we paid for. Lock the post if you don't want (possible negative) feedback. But the majority of users who check on this forum just want an update on the game.

@Duh_TaleWorlds Can you tell us if there are plans in the future to re-introduce text updates to the community? Maybe if it involves immediate bans on excessively unruly commenters or locked posts. Just something would be nice.

What a sh!tstorm this all is. Honestly, I don't agree with jumping down people's throat when the initial intent was to help someone who had a suggestion. But TW...ya'll ****ed this. Badly.

You need to send out an written update every once in a while so people can get excited about the game we paid for. Lock the post if you don't want (possible negative) feedback. But the majority of users who check on this forum just want an update on the game.

@Duh_TaleWorlds Can you tell us if there are plans in the future to re-introduce text updates to the community? Maybe if it involves immediate bans on excessively unruly commenters or locked posts. Just something would be nice.
+1 ... yes exactly. A regular update is so easy to do.... and it doesn't require much.

The effect would be considerable if they did it well.

But to be honest ... I bet this plea will be ignored.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom