SP - General Companions remind player to level them up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Lornloth00

Knight at Arms
Party member, companions and clan member could suddenly remind the player that they are are eager for a level up as a way to create immersion. Something like how companions interacted with the player about their views on things and each dialogue would be unique based on traits.

I can't think of anything less immersive than an NPC popup telling me, "Level me up!!". The levelling system is abstracted "outside" the logic of the game world itself, so any interaction with it should also be abstracted in the UI.
Asking for a level up is totally immersion breaking,
Instead they could ask for better equipment to complement their skill, or to be put in a curtain position
Get real guys. They'd ask for a wage rise. Levelling up would follow unless you're a Scrooge.

"My Lord, I'm sorry to bother you, but I find myself in dire straights. I can no longer afford to send any money home to support my crippled mother and widowed sister."

"Captain, you promised to pay me my worth, but my experience in battle has outgrown my income."

"Chief, I've followed you loyally and protected your back in battle. Isn't it time you paid me enough to visit harlots free from the pox?"

"My Lord, I've tried to make you proud of my service, but find myself in debt, meeting your expectations of my station."

Last edited:
Get real guys. They'd as for a wage rise. Levelling up would follow unless you're a Scrooge.

"My Lord, I'm sorry to bother you, but I find myself in dire straights. I can no longer afford to send any money home to support my crippled mother and widowed sister."

"Captain, you promised to pay me my worth, but my experience in battle has outgrown my income."

"Chief, I've followed you loyally and protected your back in battle. Isn't it time you paid me enough to visit harlots free from the pox?"

"My Lord, I've tried to make you proud of my service, but find myself in debt, meeting your expectations of my station."
Would be cool if wage came with spent focus/attribute points :grin: unfortuneatly it comes with earned points. a level 23 companion earn X denars whether the points are spent or not!

"M'lord, I´m working below my status! You still treat me as the squire I were when you hired me, such an offense!"

"Captain, thanks for last payraise. What did I improve to deserve it?" no emplyee ever said...! :grin:

Get real guys. They'd as for a wage rise. Levelling up would follow unless you're a Scrooge.

Thanks. Its very nice when people are smart enough to actually understand. Of course the intent of the suggestion was for them to be in character when talking to the player.

Back
Top Bottom