Companions recruiting Lords

Users who are viewing this thread

No, not in an army. They're treated as normal foot soldier.

Three Lords are in my companion parties before I noticed it.
I haven't tried disbanding their party and hope the problem fixes itself.

A couple of days ago I noticed a lord in one of my companion parties while I was waiting in a city. I couldn't do anything with the lord - move them to my party or anything, and I re-entered the city and they were gone.

It might have just been a glitch because they were in the keep together, as I haven't seen it since.

Can you transfer them to your own party? Are they still in their party if you leave and come back?
Nope, can transfer them to my party. They're just stuck there.

But I tried to nuke it by disbanding all their parties. I just lost my entire fighting force now. It seems to have solved the issue an d lords are back to normal leading their own parties again.

But I still have no idea how it happened, when it happened and to to recreate it.

But I tried to nuke it by disbanding all their parties. I just lost my entire fighting force now. It seems to have solved the issue an d lords are back to normal leading their own parties again.

For future reference... if you're wanting to disband your parties to reconstitute them - say you want to give the companion better armour, or in this case - fix a glitch... do it in a town.

While in a city with the time paused, transfer all their troops to your party (you can do that by inspecting their troops while talking to the companion. Then disband their party of 1. Then take the companion to your party. Then do what you want to do. Then re-establish the party - because the companion is with you, you can then donate the troops back. So long as you keep the timeline paused, you wont have any desertions. That way you don't lose any troops.

For future reference... if you're wanting to disband your parties to reconstitute them - say you want to give the companion better armour, or in this case - fix a glitch... do it in a town.

While in a city with the time paused, transfer all their troops to your party (you can do that by inspecting their troops while talking to the companion. Then disband their party of 1. Then take the companion to your party. Then do what you want to do. Then re-establish the party - because the companion is with you, you can then donate the troops back. So long as you keep the timeline paused, you wont have any desertions. That way you don't lose any troops.
Wow. That did not cross my mind. Thanks for the tip. I just hope I have an auto save file far enough.

Wow. That did not cross my mind. Thanks for the tip. I just hope I have an auto save file far enough.
Huh... is there a new feature where your companions can take companions??? Were the clans of these lords already at max parties fielded?

I could see a well-meaning dev introducing this as a feature but not stopping to consider how borked it could get. No lords should be joining parties outside of their clan and absolutely no player clan members should be taking the field without permission.

I have had the same experience in 1.6.1. with two lords from the same kingdom, but different clan, as troops in a companion party within my army. After taking all the troops from the party, except for the party leader and the two lords. I couldn't take the lords to my party, directly but when talking to the three left overs, right next to my army, I was able to take them in my army. After that, I dismissed the two lords and made the party again. The two lords disappeared and after 5 or 6 in game days they reappeared some where else in the kingdom (the same after an escape I guess). Funny to see three lords in one party screen :smile: but I don't think this should be possible as it is right now.

Last edited:
Is it possible that the lords were prisoners and the clan leader decided to change factions? I havent played for ages so I may be awfully wrong here.

Is it possible that the lords were prisoners and the clan leader decided to change factions? I havent played for ages so I may be awfully wrong here.
One was a Vlandian clan (from the beginning) and I joined the Vlandians all lot ingame years ago. The other lord was of a clan recruited by myself as king of Vlandia, also several ingame years before this happened.

Okay, update. I figured out how to recreate the "bug/glitch"?

Whenever prisoners are freed from a hostile party in a field bettle and is able to be recruited, if your in an army that pool of troops is shared with your army. And for some reason the a A.I is just able take any noble lords and/or other companions from said pool. Instead of just the lord or companion returning to friendly territory as they should.

Soo ... is this considered a bug report now??

Whenever prisoners are freed from a hostile party in a field bettle and is able to be recruited, if your in an army that pool of troops is shared with your army. And for some reason the a A.I is just able take any noble lords and/or other companions from said pool. Instead of just the lord or companion returning to friendly territory as they should.
That is good work!

No, you need to create a post here, in the singleplayer section. I would also include your solution/explanation in the post

Thanks, that makes sense about how this could happen.

Back
Top Bottom