Resolved Companion's party deserters

Users who are viewing this thread

I've formed a kingdom and have a few companions in separate parties so I could form an army. I've noticed that they keep getting troops and going over their party size limit and soldiers are constantly deserting from their parties. What's going on!? I'm pretty sure I've already lost a bunch of top tier Khuzait horse archers I gave them and it's sad T_T

Jea it's very annoying.

Companions should do the same kind of party management as other clan parties (lords and mercenaries)
Maybe they do... Notice how a lot of lords keep attacking with armies filled with peasants? That could be exactly why. Maybe the entire AI system is bugged when it comes to troop management and retention.

oh... that's very possible. I thought it was mostly because I kept pummeling them + I didn't seem to receive this message with my Spouse, Ira. She never seems to have deserters.

I had the same issue the moment I asked one of my companion to form a party. I gave him 10 men and a few time later he already was over the party size.

The release version when the issue occured:
200423025920722418.png

Computer Specs:
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600X 3.6GHz
RAM: 16GB
Motherboard: MS-7A37
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): HDD 1TB

My initial guess, which I have not tested, is that they get their max party size, but don't account for wounded troops. So if their max is 100, but they have 10 wounded units, they go looking for 10 more. As the wounded units heal, they start to get desertions due to too many troops. My intent was to test this by having one of my companions get their max, get a bunch wounded in battle, then see if they go recruiting to their max again. I have never seen a companion with their max troops all healthy and no wounded go recruiting.

Suggested fix would be to have the wounded count toward the companion's party's total.

Hi,

I followed my companion's party and it appeared that he recruited men over his party size even with a very few amount of wounded troops (I mean that the amount of wounded does not match the amount of the extra troops)

You can see it here, he has 70/65 troops (so 5 extra troops), but on the second picture he only has 1 wounded.
200424115056268298.png

200424115010859012.png

I didn't see a similarity with other party, but I noticed that every time I joined an army, the AI "forgot" to buy food, and the army start starving very quickly. I know this isn't the same issue, but the way AI manage army/party food/troops seems a little random.

Did you actually see him hire the extras with only one wounded? My guess is he had at least six wounded, hired to his max, then at least five of the wounded healed and put him over. Overflow doesn't all desert immediately if you're over your limit.

Hello, thanks for reporting this issue. Unfortunately, we were not able to respond to this topic when this topic first created.
We believe that this issue might have been fixed since the creation of this topic. If you are still experiencing this issue on the latest live or beta versions of the game at the moment please leave a reply to this topic so that we can forward this issue to the team for investigation.

Hi, I will mark the issue as resolved. If you encounter the same one in the latest version, please let me know. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom