Companions leaving (with disable companion complaints checked)

Users who are viewing this thread

akita51

Recruit
Hi All,

I've been playing the perisno mod for the past several months in warband. I played 2 games previously and had no issues with companions (have the box ticked in game settings to disable companion complaints). In my My 3rd game after about 200 days my companions started getting unhappy and leaving. No prior complaint messages before they show up to tell me they are leaving. The disable companion complaints is still checked, but now its not preventing them from leaving.

I've spent a good amount of time trying to figure it out. Did a fresh install and tried my existing save there and no go. Tried using tweakmb to give me the "we hang deserters option" but I cant get that to stick in perisno after trying different mod choices, etc. Not had any luck yet.

Any ideas? It's annoying as they are constantly leaving. I can use warbender to make them available again, but it's a hassle. Don't want to restart and was hoping someone would know how to fix this via the code or an editor or such.

I can think of 2 things that happened with my current play through that didn't on my previous ones. One was I used warbender around day 120 or so to correct so bad skill choices i made on a companion, and the second was I had a windows update occur.

Thanks much in advance for any answers.

I just wanted to say, that situation sucks. I'm using the current version of the mod and I haven't had any problem. If I need to make an edit to my character I just open notepad (it's a .txt file) so I don't know about that. My advice is what every great tech support will tell you, try to reinstall the mod fresh and don't tinker it, it's very likely to fix your problems. Make sure you re-install whatever version you are using or your save files won't be any good, I guess.

Hi All,

I've been playing the perisno mod for the past several months in warband. I played 2 games previously and had no issues with companions (have the box ticked in game settings to disable companion complaints). In my My 3rd game after about 200 days my companions started getting unhappy and leaving. No prior complaint messages before they show up to tell me they are leaving. The disable companion complaints is still checked, but now its not preventing them from leaving.

I've spent a good amount of time trying to figure it out. Did a fresh install and tried my existing save there and no go. Tried using tweakmb to give me the "we hang deserters option" but I cant get that to stick in perisno after trying different mod choices, etc. Not had any luck yet.

Any ideas? It's annoying as they are constantly leaving. I can use warbender to make them available again, but it's a hassle. Don't want to restart and was hoping someone would know how to fix this via the code or an editor or such.

I can think of 2 things that happened with my current play through that didn't on my previous ones. One was I used warbender around day 120 or so to correct so bad skill choices i made on a companion, and the second was I had a windows update occur.

Thanks much in advance for any answers.
Just to make sure, are you on the latest version?

Just noticed this thread. I posted the same issue in the bugs thread. I haven't played warband for about a year, decided to play again so the install and saves are brand new.

It takes quite a while for the companions to start wanting to leave. My current save is on day 325 or so. No issues at all in the first 250-ish days.

It says they're satisfied with the companions, and disgusted at the current state and tactics. This is despite having excellent overall party morale. The other companions are on 99 morale, the ones who want to leave will be in the 40's and eventually work their way down to 0.

Another similar but unrelated issue is certain lords keep kingdom hopping, just staying a day or two before either being exiled or leaving on their own. Some lords start the cycle within a week of starting the game. Caecorrow, specifically, joined my kingdom, and despite having relation in the 30's, he kept leaving every couple days only to return from exile a day later. His village kept his flag too, despite not being in the kingdom anymore. I'll add this to my post in the bugs thread.

Back
Top Bottom