Resolved Companions Group Assignments Don't Save

Users who are viewing this thread

lrwhittaker

Recruit
When you assign a companion to say, Group II (archers), then save and exit the game or reload the save, the companion looses the group assignment. I'd think this would be really bad considering companions act as the sergeants of the groups, soo if the point of companions is to have them sergeant a group, it be nice if they'd save the groups we assign them too.

Steps to recreate:
1- assign a companion to a group, ex: III (calvary)
2- save, save as, save and exit, or just alt + F4,
3- load save
4- look at companions and sigh

Weird thing is that I've tried 3 mods that supposedly fix this, and still doesn't save formations.

Waiting on this simple feature taleworlds!

Would be nice if this could be fixed. All the times I’ve had my infantry charge only to see my horse companions ride ahead into their deaths, because they were supposed to be cavalry ?

This is something I complain about frequently. This is very upsetting that the devs appear to refuse to approach fixing. Not once has there been a mention about this. We've been complaining about it since day one.

Also note that when you assign any unit to a group it does not initially belong to then when you mouse-over your party, (pick any troop and change its number to 4 or higher) the tool-tip that shows is all messed up. Not sure if those are related.

Also note that when you do assign them to groups they line up in odd locations on the battle map.

This is actually a major component to strategy during a battle, ensuring that the troops you want are in the proper places. I tend to place my companions into Light Cavalry (7) and then they will line up as a bunch with the infantry and archers. because infantry and archers should obviously be in the same blob at start right (sarcasm intended).

Hello, sorry for the late reply. We have fixed a considerable amount of the problems we have encountered so far and improved the game performance with the multiple patches we have released. Please make sure that your game, your drivers, and OS are up to date and the game has necessary permissions over your security software. Please let us know if the problem persists after completing these steps and verifying the integrity of the game files through Steam.

Hi, I will mark the issue as resolved. If you encounter the same one in the latest version, please let me know. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom