Companions dying..

Users who are viewing this thread

After the last patch and update, my units no longer follow orders well, they don't do formations, they are sluggish to charge in siege battles....And my companions are dying???? What's up with that? I use cheats and I got an army of companions, but they never died until now. TaleWorlds, give me back my companions!!! :shock:

I have to agree, who thought it was a good idea to start killing off companions? I didn't see any option to disable this when I started a new campaign recently - there was an option to prevent deaths and births, but nothing about preventing companion deaths. I want to play the game the way it was until this update; with deaths and births 'on' but without my companions dying and having to constantly shop around for a new scout/doctor/engineer/etc.

I have to agree, who thought it was a good idea to start killing off companions? I didn't see any option to disable this when I started a new campaign recently - there was an option to prevent deaths and births, but nothing about preventing companion deaths. I want to play the game the way it was until this update; with deaths and births 'on' but without my companions dying and having to constantly shop around for a new scout/doctor/engineer/etc.

Isn't it obvious that allowing deaths might also apply to other characters such as lords and companions?

I love it. All of a sudden I value my companions and look after them - I keep them in their own battle group that I keep with me. After investing years in game into making them the best at what they do I now consider them important individuals. Before this, they were just carbon copy characters that I didn't really care about.

Isn't it obvious that allowing deaths might also apply to other characters such as lords and companions?
Well no, and until recently this was not the case. Nor was it the case in WB.

It's great that you like it, but personally I don't and I would at least like the option to turn this feature off.

Thank you so much - I would much rather the developers just reversed this decision though rather than have to download a mod.

Reminds me of movies and TV shows growing up in which the heroes never died -so it felt cheesy and corny because you always knew they were going to live. There were no stakes involved as you knew no matter how tough or impossible a situation they're in -they'll live.

Now the game has some stakes and imo opinion some cajones

Thank you so much - I would much rather the developers just reversed this decision though rather than have to download a mod.
Reversing the decision wouldn't make sense since this is the way the feature was advertised.
I am all for making it optional though:
a) no birth, no death
b) birth and death from old age
c) birth and death from old age and battles

Reminds me of movies and TV shows growing up in which the heroes never died -so it felt cheesy and corny because you always knew they were going to live. There were no stakes involved as you knew no matter how tough or impossible a situation they're in -they'll live.

Precisely.

Reversing the decision wouldn't make sense since this is the way the feature was advertised.
I am all for making it optional though:
a) no birth, no death
b) birth and death from old age
c) birth and death from old age and battles
Where was it advertised at all? This change came out of the blue completely for all the players I've been speaking to.

It's good that the game has the bulls to punish us like this - most games don't have the stomach to actually push players anymore. Now my companions have gone from 100% expendable troops I throw away at the enemy (as they are invincible) to invaluable advisors that a bad decision could cost me. Finally that 'surrender' option might actually be worth clicking - to avoid your fellows being killed in an impossible battle,

Though more options is always nice.

Well, I actually do feel adding casualties to comparisons provide a great aspect of immersion. Although it feels sorrow to have my favorite companion killed in battle, it reminds me that companions should be treated better, and they should not be commanded to banzai charge into the ocean of enemies.

Different players may definitely have different perspectives of appreciation of the game, so it could be better to add one more toggle to make the game experience more customizable. (For me, I would like companions and NPC lords have an equal chance of death as all other troop units XD)

It's good that the game has the bulls to punish us like this - most games don't have the stomach to actually push players anymore. Now my companions have gone from 100% expendable troops I throw away at the enemy (as they are invincible) to invaluable advisors that a bad decision could cost me. Finally that 'surrender' option might actually be worth clicking - to avoid your fellows being killed in an impossible battle,

Though more options is always nice.
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

cojones*. You made me laugh bro.

Pity you dont get that expensive gear from dead companions even if you win the battle. Pity that the companions and lords themselves have no sense of self preservation and are villing to brainlessly charge. Pity that this realistic feature is combined with unrealistic pitched battle that happens every week instead of once in a few years. Pity that in medieval battles armies broke when 10-15 % of men died on thier side and most of people actually survived (most of the time) while in bannerlord you have holywood 90% death rate battle all the time (dont get me wrong this is more enjoayble than realisticly chasing most of enemy army with light cav). Also why cant you put your non-combatant "advisor" companions to your baggage train (your mules and spare mounts are not participating in the battle for example). This also makes any combat oriented companion total waste of time because the moment you send him into battle there is like 20% chance he will die.

Pity you dont get that expensive gear from dead companions even if you win the battle. Pity that the companions and lords themselves have no sense of self preservation and are villing to brainlessly charge. Pity that this realistic feature is combined with unrealistic pitched battle that happens every week instead of once in a few years. Pity that in medieval battles armies broke when 10-15 % of men died on thier side and most of people actually survived (most of the time) while in bannerlord you have holywood 90% death rate battle all the time (dont get me wrong this is more enjoayble than realisticly chasing most of enemy army with light cav). Also why cant you put your non-combatant "advisor" companions to your baggage train (your mules and spare mounts are not participating in the battle for example). This also makes any combat oriented companion total waste of time because the moment you send him into battle there is like 20% chance he will die.

Don't send them into battle. Put the companions you don't want to fight in a group on their own and then keep that group safe in reserve

Back
Top Bottom