Resolved Companions can upgrade bandit troops to regular troops without the disciplinarian skill.

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
Yes, I used mods.

Excirial

Recruit
The leadership trait "disciplinarian" at 125 skill allows the player to upgrade captured bandits to the equivalent noble troop tree for said bandits culture. It appears however, that companions can perform this upgrade for the player even if the player nor the companion has the required skill level required to do this.

Steps to reproduce:
  1. Capture and then recruit multiple bandit units. Personally i used the forest bandits.
  2. Level these troops until they reach the maximum bandit tier. Addition level them up until they have the required XP to level to their next non-bandit tier upgrade.
  3. Have a companion form their own party, and give them all the bandits as their army.
  4. Form an army with the companion, and just go about your business. Personally i was fighting a war at said time.
  5. After some time, ask the companion to see his or her troops. The companion should have / will eventually upgrade all bandit troops to their non bandit next rank.
The companion i used was nicknamed "Willowbark" and had 1 points in leadership at the time. While i am quite happy to have around 70 Battanian Fian Champions now, i somewhat doubt this is an intentional mechanic considering this upgrade requires a specific skill otherwise.

Mods used:

Settlement Icons and its requirements (UIExtenderEx, Harmony, ButterLib, Mod configuration menu). I don't believe these mods influence recruitment behavior of the companions but for reference sake i figured I'd list them.

Can you upload your save file to upload.taleworlds.com? Please paste the link to this thread in the description box on the upload website so I can identify it.

Done.

Note that the savegame is from a much later point in time where all the various bandits have already been converted into Battanian Fians. Though i found it to be a very convenient stratagem throughout the game. Capture some forest bandits, level them up, stick them in a companions group and travel around / wait a while for them to be converted into fians before transfering them back to my main army.

Can you upload your save file to upload.taleworlds.com? Please paste the link to this thread in the description box on the upload website so I can identify it.

For ease of reproducing this issue i have uploaded a new savegame that makes this consistently reproducible.

The main character is currently in a party with "Vasinya the Accursed", who has 46 Raider Cavalry as troops. When this savegame is fast-forwarded to the next day it will display that the player will be charged around 4.4k denars for wages for this companions party. When this occurs the raiders present in the army will all have been converted to Khuzait Kheshig's. (And naturally as before neither character has the required leadership / skill for this conversion).

I have been informed that this issue is fixed on our development branch and the fix will be implemented with the upcoming patches. Thanks for reporting!

Back
Top Bottom