Users who are viewing this thread

I find it at least odd the we as the player are the only ones allowed to have companions in our party.

The AI parties should also have companions within them.
If to avoid a depletion of companions the player can hire around the map, they could be spawned already as part of that AI party with randomized stats, the first spawned being focused to fulfill their clan's positions of Quartermaster, Surgeon, Scout, Engineer and any other new Clan Positions that might be added later on.
After that, any other companion to spawn in that party would be more battle oriented, just as the player does, focusing on either battle or caravan(trade) after having all clan positions fulfilled.

Also, I believe that with time, possibly only after the player has married, the AI parties should start finding marriage partners as well, even the widows or those that come to be a widow(most probably because of the player).
This could also add the possibility of AI clans coming to ask the player for their daughter's hand in marriage and their sons asking the player for financial aid to pay for their bride's token.

Besides that, I think it could be extremely interesting to allow player's to transfer companions between parties and caravans belonging to their clan.
It would be awesome to be allowed to add a battle oriented companion to my wife's party and, in battle, see that companion following her acting as her "Bodyguard".
It also could be interesting to give a maximum companion number modifier to the Social attribute level.
So that the more sociable you are, the more companions you can have, besides the clan tier modifier and any possible perk.
I'd suggest it to be either your Social attribute flat or your Social level divided by 2 rounded down, so it would go like:

Social:12345678
Modifier:01122334

Lastly, it could be interesting to be allowed to create a Caravan by hiring a caravan master, instead of having to invest a precious companion for each and every caravan.
They would receive a percentage of the Caravan's, from 50% to 15% of the profits depending on your trade skill's level, and the maximum number of caravans you could have would be limited by your steward level + the steward level of all members of your clan.
Companion commanded caravans would not count towards this maximum, though.
Also, for companion commanded caravans, the maximum number of troops should be the same as the maximum number of troops in a normal party of your clan, so you could better protect them, while hired caravans would have a maximum of 30 to 60 troops depending on your Steward skill level.
That is to say that the better you are at taking care of troops and keeping up with what is needed and where, the more people you can hire and still keep up with the numbers, but assigning a companion to head a caravan, that caravan is entirely under their respectability and command.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

deGoucan Scrolls Index

Back
Top Bottom