Companion SubMod

Users who are viewing this thread

Alfred of Gloucester said:
"Some" was a bad choice of words, sorry, All TML files were used I just Incorporated Comp mod into it and am hoping for no conflicts.

THX for the info, nice work then.

Alfred of Gloucester said:
Still have a random companion wanting to leave about once a month but when you have 90+ it don't seem to make much difference.

Did you use the guide from DerHerbst?  http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,254993.msg6123376.html#msg6123376

@ saltjunkie - There are 26 original Brytenwalda comps + 74 new ones - total 100

@ stevehoos - Sorry I don't know the fix for this.

@ Lobo_loco - I did use DerHerbst fixes on my last campain and with normal 1.4 but not with this new one, but I don't mind them leaving I think it adds to the game.

You should link DerHerbest's guide in the OP, and note what it does. I had already done the edit to disable companion interactions, and was dumbfounded when my companions started leaving around day 90 with 80 party morale. I have no idea what is making their morale low, when party morale has stayed up. Also, you should state which Brytenwalda version this is compatible with. Great job though. Really enjoying the extra companions, and an extra thank you for adding TML 2.1.

P.S. One request. If it isn't much trouble.. DerHerbest has a spreadsheet on page four with some of the new companions info in it. It would be awesome if there was one that had the info for all 74. Could you put something like that on the OP? It's useful info, if someone needs to know which companions they want to recruit. This thread is getting long, and new users might never see it. I would make the spreadsheet for ya, but it would take ages to do the research. Maybe the guys who contributed the companions have the info! Thanks.

Hi guys

@ Mr_Breeze, I've added some stuff to OP for you to mess around spread sheets etc.

@ hicks88, 4shared was the only free place I could find with the bigest storeage needed sry.

@ xelasissob, yes It should have TML mod on source files.

Hey!

I install the 'Normal 74 mod', but when I start the new game I go to the arena and get 200 silver for two defeated opponents... It seems that I get the TML mod's features instead of having only the 74 companions, which I definitely do not want.

Is there's something with the links or with the files? Can I get just the mod with the companions?

By the way, I also got the screwed-trees bug when I tested the thing out.

The new Brytenwalda Reworked Mod, has already added companion mod to it so just download that :smile:

This is a very old link, may still work :smile: https://www.4shared.com/folder/WkzJhTWp/Companion_SubMod.html

I did add 3 new companions (1 is still hidden).
You will identify them as name-"trainer" since that is their primarily purpose.
One works with the standard bandit party and one works with the standard good party.

I tried to re add the 74 companions submod from last year, but I lost the files.
I'm not a big fan of the approach, so I won't have time to rebuild it versus other urgent issues.

The files for the Reworked mod are open source on git, so feel free to create it.
It's not very hard, just time-consuming since every one of the 74 companions needs his own set of dialog threads.

Reworked.

Ok.  I think I am running Repolished 1.05.  Will look into it.  Always liked having more companions.  Repolished has around 24-26 I believe.  How many does reworked have?

Oh and does the editor work on Reworked?

The companion link given above also leads to more chrome installs.  I saved some mods from long ago, but evidently do not have the companion mod anymore.  Too bad.

Reworked is similar to Repolished in many ways.
The improvements are mostly regarding mechanics.
The item naming is completely revamped to make much more sense and allow submodding.
I did add a few new characters and troops.
There are two new companions in addition to what you see in the other mods.
There is a third one that I can activate once I get an well-justified request from a gamer.

Added new map texture from a hootman that I thought was an improvement. It uses the same troop and scene textures as Repolished.

What looks different?

First message in this thread in 5 years, hope someone's still monitoring this...
Could you please re-up 74Companion Mod for Brytenwalda 1.4 with TML 2.1 Mod, all the 4shared links are dead.
I only have the old companion mod for Brytenwalda 1.39 and I'm no fan of the Reworked or Repolished Brytenwalda;
I'd really love to play v1.4 (it runs a lot smoother than v1.39) combined with TML and your Companion Mod.

TIA if you can re-up!

First message in this thread in 5 years, hope someone's still monitoring this...
Could you please re-up 74Companion Mod for Brytenwalda 1.4 with TML 2.1 Mod, all the 4shared links are dead.
I only have the old companion mod for Brytenwalda 1.39 and I'm no fan of the Reworked or Repolished Brytenwalda;
I'd really love to play v1.4 (it runs a lot smoother than v1.39) combined with TML and your Companion Mod.

TIA if you can re-up!
It will be a miracle if the files get reuploaded given the author's inactivity and the passage of time. You may try your luck browsing the Internet for alternative download links or the Wayback Machine to see if the files have been backed up.

The Wayback Machine, has many copies of the forum; unfortunately files on file sharing servers are not archived, so you get the same dead links.
Couldn't find any other download source either.
Oh well, it would have have been nice...guess I won't stick around to see if the miracle is about to happen :wink:

Back
Top Bottom