Companion SubMod

Users who are viewing this thread

Hey Alfred:

Have the submod files been updated to incorporate the bugfix patch that was released a number of weeks ago?  I think I may have time to work on the mod this weekend finally.  But I need the latest files first...can I get those by just downloading the Submod 1.4 version?

Thanks!

P.S. I'll have that morale fix posted tonight for sure.

Tutorial on how to prevent companions from leaving:  http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=254993.msg6113266#msg6113266

@ DerHerbst - No, as far as I can work out JuJu70's bug fixer changes a few titles and a money bug where you would make more coin than intended from buying land in towns.
I found the typos and can do this myself but I can't find where the coin changes are yet.
JuJu may show me which parts he's change then i can add it.

I didn't forget about you. But unfortunately I found out that the fixes I did don't quite fix the problem. So I think I nailed it now. The only problem - I did some other changes for my own mod so maybe it will be hard to separate them considering you are working with text files. Most fixes are not in scripts.

Hey Alfred:

Why is the 74 Companion Submod 800+ megabytes in size?  You've only made changes to a few text files right?  Why the need for the huge file?

I thought we only had to make changes to the    strings.txt  troops.txt  scripts.txt  files?

Let me know if I'm missing something...

@ DerHerbst - Yeah, I tried a few times but just got bugs popping up :?:, so I just up loaded the whole thing :grin:
It probably changes other files when its converted from module to txt format that makes it bugged if you just add those 3 txt.
I'll give it another go later because it would be nice and easy just to add the changed files.

@ JuJu70 - Oh no bad news, but if you could remember what new bits you changed we could probably incorporate it, as I'm working with Module and DerHerbst is working with .txt between us we could work it out.

@ Alfred:

Oh yeah I never thought about the files being changed during the conversion.  It's weird because when I was working on Submod 1.0 I only used those 3 files and my game worked fine.  Modding is such a pain is the ass ha ha ha!

If anyone has tried my edits to prevent companions from leaving...please let me know so I can see if this is working for other people.

I go on break for Thanksgiving this week so hopefully I can bang out some progress towards this mod.

Scripts strings and troops,

I recently added TML mod and that has changed other stuff which I'm not familiar with but those three are the 3 files I changed.

EDIT: just got this email from 4shared - After the 24th of December 2012 you won't be able to use 4Sync with your 4shared account. We're encouraging existing 4shared users to create a new 4Sync account and transfer files.
So It may not be possible to download Mod for a while.

Do i need to install all of these for this submod to work? What's needed isn't clear. Thanks for submod and help.

Comp Module.rar   
Companion Mod 74a.rar   
CompTML2.1.rar   

Just one of these Companion Mod 74a.rar or CompTML2.1.rar
The last one has some of TheMageLord Mod in it also.
Just unzip them over a fresh copy of Brytenwalda 1.4

Alfred of Gloucester said:
Just one of these Companion Mod 74a.rar or CompTML2.1.rar
The last one has some of TheMageLord Mod in it also.

Hi, what does it mean, some of TML mod? What isnt in it,

and if I use the TML mod and the CompTML2.1., doI have all of the TML features then?

"Some" was a bad choice of words, sorry, All TML files were used I just Incorporated Comp mod into it and am hoping for no conflicts.
So far I've found a few red scripts appear when fighting bandits in villages and I can't seem to seduce companions but nothing game breaking so far.
Still have a random companion wanting to leave about once a month but when you have 90+ it don't seem to make much difference.

Alfred of Gloucester said:
"Some" was a bad choice of words, sorry, All TML files were used I just Incorporated Comp mod into it and am hoping for no conflicts.
So far I've found a few red scripts appear when fighting bandits in villages and I can't seem to seduce companions but nothing game breaking so far.
Still have a random companion wanting to leave about once a month but when you have 90+ it don't seem to make much difference.

I had a bug with the sub mod in which the taverns were stuck with the same people week after week, nothing I could do, I had to start over.

Back
Top Bottom