Companion SubMod

Users who are viewing this thread

Hurricanes oh no  :shock:

Well I hope everything works out DerHerbst, I'm looking forward to your mod so get your nieghbours to do the BIG clean up and drop out of this school thingy, focus on whats really important  :lol:

Best of luck

@ Lobo_Loco hey thx for the feedback I've just checked all the comps and those 2 are the only 2 that need to be changed.

And yeah they are all set to town 6 which seems to be Alt_Cult then  :lol: I see if i can delete this also  :cool:

EDIT - just updated it a bit, changed "town_6" to 0    so they shouldn't talk about it at all now.
Found a | where a , should have been, so those 2 faces are fixed also  :oops:

Unless we can find anything else i think its about finished, until DerHerbst finishes his proper companions mod.

I was wondering if you could also incorporate JuJu's bugfixes for 1.4 (especially with the fix to owning land in towns + how it could give you ridiculous ROI) with your mod?

Here is a link to the direct download (he has a thread here too) http://mountandblade.nexusmods.com/mods/3836#content

I'm having problems downloading JuJus bug fix from nexusmods.com it just redirects me to a blank page.
I'll try send him a PM  :grin:

EDIT; managed to get a dl of it, been checking threw it and of the 3 files that the comp mod changes, I found only minor changes in strings and troops. eg change name from star eyed to the star eyed.
Cant work out scripts yet tho.

The changes are in presentations, game_menues, scripts and dialogs if I recall correctly. But I do it in a module system, so I have no idea where it is all in text files.

Alfred of Gloucester said:
Hi JuJu, If you could remember the bits you changed of the scripts module that would really help me.

Do you want the stuff I changed in module system or just the name of the scripts?

@ JuJu70 - If you could show me the parts you changed in the module_scripts

Scripts has been changed for this mod, so I cant copy'n'paste your one over it, I need to add the parts you changed to mine.

@ bill2505 - I'm not sure, I've added the Brytenwalda Mod Graphics Pack from the Special Edition installer and it seems to work fine for me.

The info says this.
Brytenwalda - GRAPHIC MOD PACK

Important Note: You need a strong PC for run this.

This download include:
-POLISHED LANDSCAPES - autor: GUTEKFIUTEK
-CALRADIA IN DARKNESS - autor CHUR
For 1.40 Brytenwalda Version.

Install:
-Unzip this file, open folder and copy/paste all in your Brytenwalda mod folder.

@ JuJu70 - If you could show me the parts you changed in the module_scripts

Scripts has been changed for this mod, so I cant copy'n'paste your one over it, I need to add the parts you changed to mine.

@ bill2505 - I'm not sure, I've added the Brytenwalda Mod Graphics Pack from the Special Edition installer and it seems to work fine for me.

The info says this.
Brytenwalda - GRAPHIC MOD PACK

Important Note: You need a strong PC for run this.

This download include:
-POLISHED LANDSCAPES - autor: GUTEKFIUTEK
-CALRADIA IN DARKNESS - autor CHUR
For 1.40 Brytenwalda Version.

Install:
-Unzip this file, open folder and copy/paste all in your Brytenwalda mod folder.
i have installed the graphics pack after your mod but i didnt overwrite the module ini because i didnt know if they were compatible did i did good

bill2505 said:
i have installed the graphics pack after your mod but i didnt overwrite the module ini because i didnt know if they were compatible did i did good

I did overwrite the module.ini, and graphics seems ok, no more glitches or weird landscapes ! In fact, you could just copy-paste/replace the lines loading ressources like the ini of the graphic mod (load_mod_ressource instead of load_ressource for the most part) i think but not sure.

This is great news  :smile: I love companions, i would have just comps if they were available.

To fit with the game i would have them start with the same gear and levels as there AI counterparts so they would cost the same etc.
It would take a while to gear and lvl up their skills but that would be realistic.

My current game I had just taken a castle and left most of my army there while i went to recruit more men. I had my bodyguard of 40 comps all with wolf lorn, longbows, 2h axe and 40 saethydds.
I looked away for a second to find i had been attacked by a lord with 600+ men  :roll:  Sugar Honey Ice Tea i thought, this is the end but I wasn't going to surrender without a fight, to my suprise we won :shock:
All my time and money spent on my companion guard had really paid off :twisted:

This submod will make me have to start all over again  :lol:  Maybe ill play on easy for the first week or so  :lol: just to catch up a little.

I've an issue, i've like more than 20 companions (from the mod no original ones) and not Hrypa (the one who everyone seems to hate) and.. since a little while, some of them wants to leave the party. BUT i've a high morale, not raiding, full food etc.. I dont understand why they want to leave my party. How can you keep a company of more than 12-16 companions without them wanting to leave pls ?

EDIT: Ok so it seems it is the random moral loss (drop to 0) with the 74 comps version.. I deseperatly need to know the tweak to "prevent companion from leaving" since i'm pissed of clicking "we hang deserters". I tried TweakMB but i cant do it this way (cant check the box) so any tips about how to do it manually ? :\

Mmmm this can be an annoying frustrating problem, think I remember this was happening in 3.9 version also, seems to be be a problem that I just accepted that I can't work out and just asked the chap in the tavern after a week or so where they are and went to get them back, then get on with the game.
I'm testing for typos etc and I haven't got to far into game to see this happen yet.
I haven't change the last zero to a 1 in scripts.txt file or any other tweakMB changes so hey! hopfully I can blame everything on that :lol:
Seriously tho we may have wait and hope DerHerbst's version solves this, as I don't know why it's happening.

If anyone has any suggestions/fixes why this may be happening plz let us know.

I have 24 companions and no complaints so far; albeit that is with the change to disable companions complaining as described in the OP. This mod makes my life as a warrior a lot more fun - with less emphasis on trading as I start the game. This is great as I like to get straight into the action, and frequently get 1-2k in the arena to spend on companions/equipment for them, which allows me to unleash  them on Dena and Frankish raiders  :cool:

Funkeh said:
I have 24 companions and no complaints so far; albeit that is with the change to disable companions complaining as described in the OP. This mod makes my life as a warrior a lot more fun - with less emphasis on trading as I start the game. This is great as I like to get straight into the action, and frequently get 1-2k in the arena to spend on companions/equipment for them, which allows me to unleash  them on Dena and Frankish raiders  :cool:

I did the change in the script.txt file (0 to 1) and started a new game : they don't complain.
The thing is i've 50 companions, and since few weeks, their morale drops down to 0. Then they ask to leave.
And i can see 0 morale when i talk to them but in party screen it is "excellent". So i'm sticked to click "we hang deserters" every time for now..

AkBino said:
Funkeh said:

I did the change in the script.txt file (0 to 1) and started a new game : they don't complain.
The thing is i've 50 companions, and since few weeks, their morale drops down to 0. Then they ask to leave.
And i can see 0 morale when i talk to them but in party screen it is "excellent". So i'm sticked to click "we hang deserters" every time for now..
i dont get this option. why

Yeah I don't either, maybe its a TweakMB thing.

In Brytenwalda, they made the "we hang deserter" option a cheat one, so you have to activate cheat in the camp menu before you can see this.

Hey all,

I've been extremely busy with school etc and haven't done anything with Brytenwalda in a loooooong time.  In fact, I haven't even played more than 30-something days of my campaign since 1.40 came out.  I just finished my 4th and last exam for this week and I have some breathing room finally with Thanksgiving break coming up next week.

I will post my solution to the companion morale problem tonight so you can all enjoy your companions without complaints.  I probably won't get it done until ~11pm EST.

As far as my submod version...it is ~ 1% complete ha ha ha!  I don't think I can really work on it until I go on winter break in late December.

I have also figured out how to add/remove items to the game and I've done some really cool additions/substitutions so far.  These changes are for my own personal game but I may ask Idibil if I can release my changes as a graphical submod at some point.  Just an idea so far.

To be honest, for such an amazing and in depth mod, many of the items are of poor to very poor quality (compared to 1257AD for instance).  Item quality is VERY important to me for some reason.  Even minor things like the poor textures of the scian models really irks me.  Right now I am focusing on overhauling the Gaelic/Irish items roster and unit equipments. 

I'm using all OSP materials so hopefully I can release my changes as a graphical submod at some point.

Back
Top Bottom