SP - General Companion skills and perks in Relation to Settelment Governance

Users who are viewing this thread

In my latest save file I really took a look a look at governor perk. And i noticed that the most useful governor perks are way at the end of a perk tree (which is understandable).
So, I couldn't think a lot of ways to train/level their Social skills like Charm, Leadership, etc. where there are some good governor perks at the high 200's.
With that in mind, if we can assign a governor to a settlement, we could also assign other position similar to a party.

Settlement positions could something be like:
Governor: Stewardship & Charm
Taskmaster: Engineering and Trade
Spymaster: Scouting & Roguery
Captain of the Guard: Leadership & Tactics

This could give companions a purely supporting role.

I like this suggestion

Spymaster could be a Clanrole of some kind. They don't operate in a single owned settlement but rather in settlements NOT owned by own clan.

I´m a little in doubt if multiple roles should be allowed in every fief.

What if Governor, Taskmaster and Captain is a Settlement-policy of some kind? The assigned steward/governor will gain experience in the areas stated by the settlement-policy.

...on the other side, if it requires 3 persons to sucessfully operate a fief, it could make a fun playthrough :smile: AI kings might wish to spread the fiefs among more vassals, available candidates for the posts could influence who is among the candidates in the voting etc..

I like this suggestion

Spymaster could be a Clanrole of some kind. They don't operate in a single owned settlement but rather in settlements NOT owned by own clan.

I´m a little in doubt if multiple roles should be allowed in every fief.

What if Governor, Taskmaster and Captain is a Settlement-policy of some kind? The assigned steward/governor will gain experience in the areas stated by the settlement-policy.

...on the other side, if it requires 3 persons to sucessfully operate a fief, it could make a fun playthrough :smile: AI kings might wish to spread the fiefs among more vassals, available candidates for the posts could influence who is among the candidates in the voting etc..
Assigning a companion to a role is not must. You could leave your settlements and castle without a governor without any demerits, but assigning one gives merits (and some demerits based on that governor's culture). So in a way, it's like assigning a companion to fix a problem.

Low Security? Assign your battle-hardened companion as the Captain
What the town projects to speed up? Leave your Engineer.

Something like that. The positions are not mandatory but can be a means to help alleviate an issue or boost the town growth.

Assigning a companion to a role is not must. You could leave your settlements and castle without a governor without any demerits, but assigning one gives merits (and some demerits based on that governor's culture). So in a way, it's like assigning a companion to fix a problem.
I know.
Low Security? Assign your battle-hardened companion as the Captain
What the town projects to speed up? Leave your Engineer.

Something like that. The positions are not mandatory but can be a means to help alleviate an issue or boost the town growth.
Or both. Or all of them, for maximum merits!

Which of them should give the wrong culture malus though? All of them maybe...

Back
Top Bottom