Resolved Companion sets himself on "HOLDING"

Users who are viewing this thread

After sending the companion to a quest, it can occur that he sets himself on "HOLDING" at Ain Baliq. You cant find him anymore near the castle and you can only kick him out of the Clan because hes taking up the Companion Capacity.

Happened to me to after I send him and 10 men to deal with a mountain bandits hideout. Spend along time trying to find him around Ain Baliq without any luck so ended up disbanding him and losing the troops.

Yeah I have same issue. I don't want to disband it will cost a fortune to recruit my companion again and I don't want to lose the 14 soldiers I sent with him.

Happened to me as well. You have to kick him. Sucks because finding another "tactics" companion has been a major pain. They are almost all warriors with no added benefit.

now a second one got the status. So this is ripping my party.
I recognized that sometimes the quests are back in questlog (now with 54 days prior). But it's still not bringing back my men and disapears again without something happen

The only fix i have found to this is to kick the party member from your clan. Then go to the nearest settlement and they will be in the tavern.

Good News:
They will have the latest gear that they were equipped with before you kicked them. (Not 100% confirmed, my companion did)
Their stats will remain the same from before you kicked them. (Once again, not confirmed. Only tested twice)

Bad News:
You will need to pay for them to rejoin your clan. My companion increased from around 800 gold to 1900 gold possibly due to the more expensive equipment he had on now and/or level ups.
The troops that were accompanying them for the quest are lost.

Note: This can happen again to the same companion and other companions. I am not sure which quests in particular are more susceptible to this bug. I only assign my companions to "Land lord needs access to Commons" and "Landlord needs herd delivered to ..." but it will randomly occur between the two for me personally.

From what it sounds like, it may be an issue with the code involving the companions rejoining the party, not the quest itself but its only theories.

Hope this helps. Happy hunting!

Now I have a different one.
One Member got stucked during he leaded a Partie for me. After Loading a Savegame the partie was lost and he was on "HOLDING"
Not sure if it's one big bug or several different in Companionmanagement.
Edit: I kicked him but he is not at the next tavern.
Edit2: I found another character that I kicked before out of my group because of "HOLDING" bug but I can't give him the task to make a party because he is still "busy"

Hello, thanks for reporting this problem. Unfortunately, we were unable to respond to this thread when it was first created. We believe the issue may have been resolved since the creation of this topic. If you are currently experiencing this issue with the latest live or beta versions of the game, please update this thread so we can forward this issue to the team for investigation.

Hey! I'm going to mark this thread as resolved. If the problem persists, please let me know. Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom