Companion personalities as vassals

Users who are viewing this thread

Preface: I play Intelligence characters and thus only require Spotting/Pathfinding/Training Borcha. Each companion costs over 20,000 denars (100 Swadian Knights) to equip on par with the best T5 units, naturally resulting in me refusing to waste denars on making them warriors. I have looked at mod wikis like Floris already, but the information was insufficient.
I would like to know if the companion personalities are exactly what the Floris wiki claims them to be. If so, what exactly are the Benevolent, Custodian, Mercantile, and Roguish personalities equal to? Normal vassals lack any of these personalities. Most important information is in regards to their views on Honor, and if they take issue with fiefs being given out. If the Floris wiki is wrong, please list their personalities as a vassal.

Edit 1: Vassal reactions to appointing a commoner, Persuasion was at 2 (assuming it really does lower relation losses). They react only once, meaning multiple companions made lords/ladies before talking to a true vassal incurs 1 penalty, rather than multiple or 1 big loss.
Good-Natured 0
Cunning 0
Upstanding -2 ---- Dialogue: "I understand that you have given (Fief Name Here) to a commoner who calls himself (Companion Name Here). Be careful. To learn the art of governance is no easy task, and perhaps it is best that fathers pass it on to their sons. I advise you against tampering with the institution of lordship."
Sadistic -3 ---- Dialogue: "I understand that you have given (Fief Name Here) to a commoner who has taken the name of (Companion Name Here). Have a care! A dog may turn on its master."
Quarrelsome -3 (Same dialogue as Sadistic)
Martial -4 ---- Dialogue: "I understand that you have given (Fief Name Here) to a commoner who calls himself (Companion Name Here). Do not the ancients warn us against making royal robes out of the hides of pigs?"
Pitiless -4 (Same dialogue as Martial)

Edit 2: No companion that isn't already a noble had Good-Natured, Upstanding, or Martial personality. Whereas Alayen, Matheld, and Firentis especially had a noticeably lower initial relations, due to -90 dishonor, the other 13 had 40 relations. Got tired of using 100 Swadian Knights to solo Calradia while waiting for companion vassal relations to go down, so it's up to someone else to figure out the exact personalities.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom