SP Native Companion Party

Users who are viewing this thread

Companion Party
Companion Party mod is designed to allow the player to assemble a party purely from companions, allowing for a better micromanagement of "Troop's" equipment and progression.

Standard Units do not have individual skills, and simply by paying a fixed sum, their gear, and their ability instantaneously increases (which is unrealistic and not immersive). There is no way to form a bond with your troops, and Companion Party aims to resolve this.

Players will be required to loot items and continually upgrade their companions if they want them to survive. By default, Companion deathrate will be increased in battle.

What has been accomplished?
  • Companions can be hired for a reduced price, relative to their skill points
  • Companions create a party wage, relative to their skill points
  • Player's companion limit has been lifted to allow for 30 companions for each clan tier they reach
What is being worked on / could be included?
  • Companions can be recruited from villages (0-2 companions per village) - this will be via the same method as current (Talking to the companion).
  • "Recruit Troops" option to be disabled
  • Companions not registering as Clan members
  • Ability to "recruit" a companion as a Clan member
  • Once a Kingdom is established, ability to push Companion into their own Clan as a registered member of your Kingdom
  • Fix Companion social relations; i.e. when fighting alongside companions, have their social relations grow with the player.
  • "Quick assign" for items on selected companion if player's inventory contains upgraded items
  • Class designation for Companions (I.e. Infantry, Archer, Horse Archer etc...)
  • Modified list of Companions with varying skill levels
  • Implement Companion level/tier system; I.e. Recruit > Experienced > Veteran > Hardened Veteran etc
  • Add a ModConfig.xml file to allow individuals to customise some of the features (i.e. cost, deathrate, experience gain etc)

always wanted to customize my troops.
but i wonder if this would effect preformance ? compared to vanilla troops i mean

Suggestion/question. Is it possible to reqeuit regular troo and change it to companion by talking it . I remember such thing was allowed in sword of damocles warband mod.

Upgrading and recruiting troops has become a shore after you reach 100 troops; this is way too repetitive.
How would it work when you'd have an army of hundreds of companions to micro manage ? Especially if you have a high turnover due to massive battles casualties.

always wanted to customize my troops.
but i wonder if this would effect preformance ? compared to vanilla troops i mean

As it stands, I have no idea how it would impact performance. I would assume it wouldn't adversely affect performance by much considering the same number of entities is still in the battle. The only exception would be the tracking of experience for each entity, but again, I wouldn't expect that to be too much of a hinderance.

Suggestion/question. Is it possible to reqeuit regular troo and change it to companion by talking it . I remember such thing was allowed in sword of damocles warband mod.

In this mod, no. The "Recruit Troops" option from each menu will be disabled, as will recruiting prisoners.

Upgrading and recruiting troops has become a shore after you reach 100 troops; this is way too repetitive.
How would it work when you'd have an army of hundreds of companions to micro manage ? Especially if you have a high turnover due to massive battles casualties.

I'm intending to be able to add in the same "Upgrade" button for current troops, to the companions if the player inventory contains better equipment for them so in the late-game, the amount of micro-management would be the same.

I'm definitely no expert in modding though, I'm still learning as I go along, so it may be some time before this mod is even ready for the rest of the player base.

Hit a bit of a snag with this...
Adding in new companions that use skill sets crashes the game when looking at the companion in the Encyclopedia.

Back
Top Bottom