Companion party not roaming

Users who are viewing this thread

Hi Guys, I'm new to Mount & Blade series. Took almost a week (free time) to just learn about the game (still learning). I have few doubts & facing few issues that you could help me with.

1. As per single player game, I've created a party with my brother (in story) as leader. I created it in the Aserai area & he keeps roaming there only. Now its been few days he's not even doing that. He just staying in town, I had to marry him & get his wife to that town too 🙄 hopefully they have a child. What is the issue here? I can't even order him to do anything :xf-mad:. Seeing this I didn't create anymore parties (I could just create 1 more party as per clan lvl).

2. I saw a rebellion in an area & thought of taking that fief, but their army was more than double of mine, so had to leave. I'm still a independent player, not a mercenary or vassal yet. So if there is a chance should I take the town/fief or will I be attacked soon after I take it? I read in this forum that same culture kingdom will come after me if I take the place.

3. If I create a caravan will they roam the whole map or just in area where I have created them?

As I play more, I'll post more queries.

1. No point creating extra parties if you're not in a kingdom. They just do their own thing and often doesn't make sense. Reason he's staying is probably for recruitment. They tend to do these long stays in 1.8.0. He'll constantly be a cost to you.
2. Other kingdoms don't declare war on you unless you declare yourself a king. So if you take the town and not declare yourself a kingdom, it's yours forever.
3. They'll first roam around the area but eventually start going everywhere as they gather more trade rumors.

Never create your own kingdom early, it will only result in the whole world declaring war against you and you won´t have the ressources to win those endless battles over and over again.

But as @murtega said, you can get the town and just be "indepentent" forever, which is also a little bit boring but better than getting steam rolled by the whole world.

Also beeing the king is kind of useless, the only good thing about is that you can use your own banner color and choose the policies. But overall, it´s really not worth the effort in my opinion.

Thanks for the advice.

So yesterday i joined as a mercenary but i don't see option to call the other party (brother party) to my army... I thought I could do it. Do we have to go clan lvl 4 for that?

If you want to take over rebel city, improve your Steward skill as much as possible as it increases your party size. Just buy all kind of food available in game => grain,meat,grapes,butter,cheese,olives,dates,fish,beer so your men are well fed 😉
With the size of your party 150+ you can start thinking about getting that rebel town. Try to catch their parties outside of town and take them down one by one. Keep leaders as prisoners, so they dont come back with new recruited parties. When this is done, only obstacle will be garison of city and militia. To get rid of garison, just lay siege and wait for them to starve. They will ultimately all be "wounded" from hunger and pose no oposition. With militia you should not have much problems and the city will be yours. Good luck 🍻

You can make second party at rank 2 (and more at rank 3 and 4), but to call it (or anyone) to an army you must be in a faction as you said, or a ruler (thus in your own faction)
For parties, I strongly advise you to use the mod Party AI Overhaul.
On the one hand you’ll have to keep the mod up to date, which can be annoying, but on the other hand you’ll have access to unavailable following vanilla features :
- deciding what troops your parties will recruit
- preventing them to join AI armies and go until death anywhere
- give direct orders to the party leader (as patrolling around a certain town castle or village)
- give items (food, to ensure food variety for exemple)
- allow or not your parties to give troops to settlements

These features - IMO - are mandatory to make player custom parties viable, without them, it’s just pure waste of ressources/units.

If you want to take over rebel city, improve your Steward skill as much as possible as it increases your party size. Just buy all kind of food available in game => grain,meat,grapes,butter,cheese,olives,dates,fish,beer so your men are well fed 😉
With the size of your party 150+ you can start thinking about getting that rebel town. Try to catch their parties outside of town and take them down one by one. Keep leaders as prisoners, so they dont come back with new recruited parties. When this is done, only obstacle will be garison of city and militia. To get rid of garison, just lay siege and wait for them to starve. They will ultimately all be "wounded" from hunger and pose no oposition. With militia you should not have much problems and the city will be yours. Good luck 🍻
By the time i was preparing the original faction took it back 😅

Now I'm joining kingdoms at war as mercenary and leave them if they are at peace.

On the one hand you’ll have to keep the mod up to date, which can be annoying, but on the other hand you’ll have access to unavailable following vanilla features :
- give direct orders to the party leader (as patrolling around a certain town castle or village)

These features - IMO - are mandatory to make player custom parties viable, without them, it’s just pure waste of ressources/units.
It's mods like this that make me want to get back into the game. I'll stay the course and wait until this game is fully released, but thanks for the info. (y)

I Don't know much about mods, but for now I'll play the game as is and then try them for more fun.

Also now that my brother's party is roaming & his wife is in my party. How do I get them to have a baby? I can't even ask him to join me as army being mercenary.

I Don't know much about mods, but for now I'll play the game as is and then try them for more fun.

Also now that my brother's party is roaming & his wife is in my party. How do I get them to have a baby? I can't even ask him to join me as army being mercenary.
To make them have a baby, they must be staying at the same place together.

This can happen with both of them in your party, while waiting during a siege, when you wait to attack a bandit lair.

The simplest being to let them in the same town. You’ll be notified when Mrs has got pregnant. To let them in the same town, if you have them both in your party, when you are in town, there is a small cross on the upper right screen (where there are the portraits of notables/nobles), by clicking it, that opens a menu with the list of your companions in your party. From here you can select your brother and sister-in-law to stay in that settlement.

There are also mods to make easier have babies, but since you play vanilla at the moment, you prefer refer to the method explained above 😉

To make them have a baby, they must be staying at the same place together.

This can happen with both of them in your party, while waiting during a siege, when you wait to attack a bandit lair.

The simplest being to let them in the same town. You’ll be notified when Mrs has got pregnant. To let them in the same town, if you have them both in your party, when you are in town, there is a small cross on the upper right screen (where there are the portraits of notables/nobles), by clicking it, that opens a menu with the list of your companions in your party. From here you can select your brother and sister-in-law to stay in that settlement.

There are also mods to make easier have babies, but since you play vanilla at the moment, you prefer refer to the method explained above 😉

My brother has his own party, so you mean to say we can get him to a town by the cross mark on top right in town menu? If yes then that will solve the issue 🙂

I'll give it a try. Thanks

My brother has his own party, so you mean to say we can get him to a town by the cross mark on top right in town menu? If yes then that will solve the issue 🙂

I'll give it a try. Thanks
Yes but you’ll need to disband his party, have him in your party, and assign his spouse and himself to stay in the same town.

If you don’t want to loose his party’s troop, before disbanding his party, talk to him, take all his troops (even if it overfills your party size, but don’t move on the map and have a companion ready to take your brother’s troops, create a new party and transfert the troops), or do this in a town where you would like to donnate troops.

@Madeloc sure I'll do that. I have another doubt here. I had recruited one of the companion (Mr. X) for caravan. So I thought of giving him those troops as separate party, now when I start caravan can I assign Mr.X to run the caravan?

@Madeloc sure I'll do that. I have another doubt here. I had recruited one of the companion (Mr. X) for caravan. So I thought of giving him those troops as separate party, now when I start caravan can I assign Mr.X to run the caravan?
You can choose between 2 types of caravans but you don’t choose nor give troops to your caravans (not without a mod and not with the vanilla game - some improvements in that direction would be welcome btw 🙂)
Troops are given by the game provided the « quality » (and thus, price) of caravan you’ve chosen. They include 30 troops (including your companion).
So some troops are automaticaly assignated by the game to guard the caravan when you create your it (from merchants / artisans in town).
Caravans would bear a few improvements but I think there are already many suggestions in the dedicated section of the forum 😉
Since 1.8.0 or 1.7.0 , imperial caravan guards are mounted crossbowmen 👍 (unfortunately their level in Crossbow do not allow them to take advantage of the perks for mounted Xbows…)

Back
Top Bottom