SP - General Companion Mechanics

Users who are viewing this thread

Not sure if any of this has been mentioned before, but here we go.

When you get a fief (castle or town) you should be able to make it the Clan's Home. Meaning all those in your clan will try to be here when not fighting or when they've recently been set free/defeated. I shouldn't need to go sight seeing across the realm in order to get a companion whom should have enough common sense to arrive at my homestead.

If you don't have a fief, then one of your King's fiefs can be selected as a temporary homestead for the time being.

This would also include caravan companions.

Speaking of caravan companions, I think it would also be of benefit if we could leave money in our garrison stash for defeated caravan masters (aka suitable companions) to collect and start up a new caravan automatically. Also with the ability to halt any further caravan's if any are defeated.

These things would greatly improve the Quality of Life and help add some much needed continuity to Bannerlord's Companion Mechanic System.

Edit: Also, being able to send a messenger and summon a companion(s) (even in an army) to your Clan's Homestead, would be another nice feature.

When you get a fief (castle or town) you should be able to make it the Clan's Home. Meaning all those in your clan will try to be here when not fighting or when they've recently been set free/defeated. I shouldn't need to go sight seeing across the realm in order to get a companion whom should have enough common sense to arrive at my homestead.
+1 for the above.

I'm gonna add that the new mechanic that lets other lords recruit your companions' parties to their armies doesn't make sense. All other war parties on the map, to the best of my knowledge, are run by nobles. They conform to your kingdom's rules on recruiting armies. But if they have non-noble companions they are not heads of war parties, so we can't do unto them what they are doing to us.

Our non-noble companions should only respond to orders from us. We, their liege, are the source of any authority they have. Other nobles are NOT in their command chain.

+1 and good idea but idk about the caravan thingy though. Would like to be able to upgrade or choose that person for other assignments if needed during that time

+1 and good idea but idk about the caravan thingy though. Would like to be able to upgrade or choose that person for other assignments if needed during that time
Also with the ability to halt any further caravan's if any are defeated.
Would be a simple toggle. "Do you want caravans to reform automatically with your dowry here?" Y/N If so, and there is enough - they'll do it automatically, if not or disabled, then they await for their Clan Leader (you) to show up and give them orders.

Would be a simple toggle. "Do you want caravans to reform automatically with your dowry here?" Y/N If so, and there is enough - they'll do it automatically, if not or disabled, then they await for their Clan Leader (you) to show up and give them orders.

could work for sure

Back
Top Bottom