Companion like and dislike [spoiler]

Users who are viewing this thread

Lohi-soturi said:
DennisBergkamp said:
Interesting, both these parties include Eadfrith (who I thought everyone hated and/or hated everyone).

Eadfrith indeed has a lot of baggage, being disliked by 4 members and himself dislikes 2, totalling 5 different persons (i.e. one dislike is mutual).

If one accepts members having at most one dislike that is compensated by a like (my definition of stable) then one can use the popular persons with small social baggage to offset this.

In Eadfrith's case the key is Inka (who has a mutual like with Eadfrith) for Inka opens up many possibilities for a very small baggage: Inka is disliked by no-one and dislikes 2, is liked by 4 members and likes 1 (totalling 4 different persons).

Of course, if one requires a stricly stable party (i.e. not even compensated dislikes allowed) then Eadfrith is not to be found in any of the 20 different variations of 12 member strictly stable parties in 1.332 ( I didn't post them here since it's a pain to post tables in the forum, and besides, all this info will be obsolete once 1.34 is released with the new npcs...) whereas Inka is featured in 16 out of the 20 maximal 12 member strictly stable parties.

Cheers,
LS

Cool, thanks for the explanation... not sure I understand all of it, but whatever :smile:
It would be interesting to see what 1.34 brings in terms of companions... maybe it will even allow for a larger "stable" party.

Party 1: Agasicles, Athrwys ap Gwawrddur, Ceawlin, Connor mac Odhrain, Eadfrith Cearling, Eadwin, Eithne, Frioc, Gwenllian, Inka, Liuva, Lothar, Matui Turthail, Onuist, Osmund, Siwi.

Party 2: Agasicles, Athrwys ap Gwawrddur, Ceawlin, Connor mac Odhrain, Eadfrith Cearling, Eithne, Frioc, Gwenllian, Inka, Liuva, Lothar  Matui Turthail, Mihael Ap Cadwalladr, Onuist, Osmund, Siwi.

I don't understand how can these two parties could be "stable". I can't understand how, for example Onuist could stay in this, whereas there is nobody he likes and Inka, who he dislikes. Or perhaps i have missed something or someone ?

Inarius said:
I don't understand how can these two parties could be "stable". I can't understand how, for example Onuist could stay in this, whereas there is nobody he likes and Inka, who he dislikes. Or perhaps i have missed something or someone ?

Are you using some other like/dislike information than  xyp's?  Onuist doesn't dislike Inka (in fact, nobody dislikes Inka - see either xyp's post in this thread or the link from my sig)

Just as an aside, there's a way to totally turn off npc like-and-dislike so you can have any mix of companions you'd like:

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,103816.0.html

Requires a new game tho.

Inarius said:
well, yes he does dislike her

look above in the post of alyssa, Onuist doesn't like Inka

Moreover, he has already started to complain about her so...

Xyp's information is straight from the files so I prefer it to all the others.

Are you 100% sure that Onuist does not dislike Inka? According to xyp's data it should only be the other way around - Inka does not like Onuist.

I can't check it myself from the files now (I'm. currently vacationing in Porto  and typing this with a cell phone). But i  checked the files myself once some time ago and did not then find anything wrong with xyp's data.

Hmm, well I have tried max number of Party composition 1, and I can confirm Onuist nor Inka will leave the party (this is after having the party for about ~50 game days).

Well, i have everybody (except Siwi, but i don't think it changes anything), and Onuist and Athrwys still wants to leave, and i have to pay more and more to make them stay.

Is that normal ?

PS : If i increase my persuasion and charisma as well as leadership, would things change ?

The "stable" groups are only relatively stable, i.e. they are a bit more resistant against low morale than unstable groups. The "strictly stable" groups (see the sig) have the best resistance against low morale but even they can break up if the player does not succeed in keeping the morale high enough or does stuff that some npcs object to.

High persuasion helps greatly (at least in WFAS so probably also in Brytenwalda)  in keeping the npcs from actually leaving.

I'll try to check.that the like/dislike matrix is up to date sometime next week when I've returned. Maybe the interactions have been changed from 1.332?

Orosio said he isn't happy with his companions but Siwi and Agasickles weren't there, but Bodero was there and in theory Orosio likes him. So I don't know.
Onuist dislikes Orosio. Does it matter? Maybe he is the key person in this case.
I play with 1.33

Guys, thanks a bunch for the  info - I now have a hunch that some of the (dis)likes are still reciprocal, as in native Warband. Since the maximal groups are generated solely by the interaction matrix it follows that the current ones can't be trusted.
I'll try to look into that next week, but I'm not an expert on deciphering the initialize_npcs part, so any complete and  trustworthy info about dislikes would be appreciated.

I had a look at the initialize_npcs part of scripts.txt. As far as I could see everything is as xyp had posted. I also tested the "stable raiding group #2" (from the largest stable companion parties thread) which has both Onuist and Inka. As was expected by xyp's data, only Inka complained about Onuist, not the other way round. But Inka had Eadfrith to keep her contentent, so it was ok.

Since the likes and dislikes are only triggered one at the time (after certain battles) it was not trivial to keep the stable group together long enough for all the likes to help mitigate the dislikes (seemed to me that the dislikes were triggered first). I needed to use some persuading to keep the group together until all  the likes were "on".

Those who want to have groups that are stable from the start should look at the  strictly stable groups listed listed in that thread.

But after day 130 I had no more trouble with that 13 member stable group - it was functioning just like it should. The more battles you fight the sooner all the relationships kick in.

I've made this schematic for my own usage, so if you want you can make it better  :grin:

red - enemies
green - friends
with pointer - one sided relations
N - noble

brytenwaldacompanions.png

:?: Idibil,if the game 15 noble companions, why not make that possibility a while in the squad they have the same fame grew, that would then make their lords :idea:

I mean what would you do when their lords, they have had a little more prominence than in the beginning, or even be known noble companion add more

hi i just got a problem with companions
i wonder what is biggest possible configuration in 1.39 (i see some spoilers about parties but it seems to be outdated)
everything is simple till i pick from standard companion whell (like in native)

upper : Bridei; Aedh; Orosio; Eithne; Caewlin -\\- OR -\\- Osmund; Agasicles; Siwi; Brian; Athrwys ap Gwawrddur
lower : Frioc; Lothar; Bodero -\\- OR -\\-  Liuva; Gwanllian; Aleifr

till this moment everything is simple and clear. i wonder how i should pick up now additional companions if my configuration is
Bridei; Aedh; Orosio; Eithne; Caewlin + Frioc; Lothar; Bodero
to make biggest possible companion army?
i will be grateful for help, and sorry for my english if i write something wrong.

Back
Top Bottom