Companion like and dislike [spoiler]

Users who are viewing this thread

So far I've picked up three of the new companions, here are their grumblings so far:

Matui Turtail:has told me he both likes and dislikes Eadfrith Cearling (same text as Domnaill/Congal,which means it is a dislike), dislikes both Clovis and Connor mac Odhrain
Connor mac Odhrain: dislikes Clovis and Matui
Mihael Ap Cadwalladr: likes Inka (btw qmax, for your chart so does Ultan, who doesn't, apparently?), dislikes Edwin and Eadfrith Cearling.

If i see it right  :shock: there are following changes:

Congol is now Connor
Domnail is now Matui
Gwydno is now Mihael

Is this right?

But this was change do time, 1.32 or 1.33 version.
Possible Companions are:

-Osmund
-Aleifr
-Eithne
-Athrwys ap Gwawrddur
-Frioc
-Bodero
-Bridei
-Siwi
-Lothar
-Ceawlin
-Gwenllian
-Orosio
-Liuva
-Brian
-Agasicles
-Aedh
-Ciniod
-Onuist
-Eadwin
-Mihael ap Cadwalladr
-Ultan
-Inka
-Eadfrith Cearling
-Matui Turthail
-Clovis
-Connor mac Odhrain

Snuggydoodle said:
If i see it right  :shock: there are following changes:

Congol is now Connor
Domnail is now Matui
Gwydno is now Mihael

Is this right?
Wwow thats why i cant find the three....
i want to share this dislikes and some like.....and possible cobinations without problems

FIRST: list of companions and likes and dislikes
I just put those title so it is easier to segregate them, some is base on the basic skills with the highest points,
and i have to do it in painshop coz i dont know how to transfer files here :smile:
NOTE: Agasicles dislike Cinoid im not sure of this yet because i havent found Agasicles yet
companionbrytenwalda.png
SECOND: posible combination without problem...so far
SET A
  Group 1                              Group 2
    Lothar                                Liuva
    Bodero                              Gwenllian
    Froic                                  Aleifr
SET B
  Group 1                              Group 2
    Brian                                  Aedh
    Athrwys                            Orosio
    Agasicles                          Eithne
    Siwi                                  Ceawlin
    Osmund                            Bridei
    Mihael                              Ultan
    Matui                                Inka
    Onuist                              Clovis                       
    Eadwin **
    Connor **

Any of the Set A can be combined with any of the Set B
if Ciniod dislike Agasicles then he cant be combine With A2 and B1 coz he will have 2 dislikes, but he can be combined with A1 and B1 coz hell only have 1 dislike
Eadfrith C. is hard to get a good combination coz he have alot of dislikes
the 2 heros that have * is to be confirmed but it is a possible combination since they'll only have 1 dislike each
sorry if i have wrong spellings
and please correct me if i am wrong
thanks hope this would help you guyz....

hmmm, thats good, lots of hero... but i still cant understand what people say about who can made a good party with who!!!  It seems that theres no official hero list from the creator of this mod!

Why we cant get more info about those hero from the great creator of this mod...  its great that you created a nice mod guys, but helping people to understand more about your mod is suposed to be your job...  (im not saying that you must give us a complete list of all groups possible... just a list of all your hero with who like who and who hate who, after that... we will be able to see wich one can go with the others.)

i Enjoy the work of evryone that tryed to understand that, but if you create more hero with an update without giving the info, its hard for us to enjoye your mod.

(sry for my poor english, and wish you understand what i mean... its not an insult, just a miss of info)

Brulis said:
hmmm, thats good, lots of hero... but i still cant understand what people say about who can made a good party with who!!!  It seems that theres no official hero list from the creator of this mod!

Why we cant get more info about those hero from the great creator of this mod...  its great that you created a nice mod guys, but helping people to understand more about your mod is suposed to be your job...  (im not saying that you must give us a complete list of all groups possible... just a list of all your hero with who like who and who hate who, after that... we will be able to see wich one can go with the others.)

i Enjoy the work of evryone that tryed to understand that, but if you create more hero with an update without giving the info, its hard for us to enjoye your mod.

(sry for my poor english, and wish you understand what i mean... its not an insult, just a miss of info)

Two post more up:

Possible Companions are:

-Osmund
-Aleifr
-Eithne
-Athrwys ap Gwawrddur
-Frioc
-Bodero
-Bridei
-Siwi
-Lothar
-Ceawlin
-Gwenllian
-Orosio
-Liuva
-Brian
-Agasicles
-Aedh
-Ciniod
-Onuist
-Eadwin
-Mihael ap Cadwalladr
-Ultan
-Inka
-Eadfrith Cearling
-Matui Turthail
-Clovis
-Connor mac Odhrain

yea, i saw that list, but it doesnt say who like who.  And evryone know how bad it is when 2 of your hero hate each other !  :roll: :wink:

oh lol...  i saw the second one (it was hard to understand) but never saw the first one... thanks a lot Snuggydoodle
:oops:

Hi all,

Here you can find Brytenwalda's companions comparison, with all their likes and dislikes, based solely on game files, so I believe everything's 100% true.
I spent two very long evenings learning how files work and how to find interesting data in long strings of numbers but I hope it's worth it, mainly because Brytenwalda is worth understaning it.

This is the full version of comparison, based on initialize_npcs part of scripts.txt:

ndoq5l.gif

I haven't found what do the numbers in "kingsupport_argument" mean. Morality value - probably the higher, the more NPC will attach importance to his moral standards (dependent on morality type). The rest should be quite understandable.

Here's a shortened version of the comparison in alphabetical order of NPCs names:

15gpnw6.gif

and here you can download the full XLS (Excel) file (so for example you can sort the data in the way you want):
http://www.mediafire.com/?gqd3v1jqxpi8lsv
(the file has 3 sheets with the two tables from above and some source data)

I haven't ascribed every dislike to each NPC as others earlier did, because one NPC can only dislike two other NPCs and even if there's more than two companions which don't like him (Eadfrith Cearling) it IS important if two NPCs dislike each other or if just one dislikes another, so you have to check each companion's dislikes.

Talking of Eadfrith, I think the fact that his so unpopular is connected with Inka's popularity - 4 NPCs like her, but I think it makes the hole thing more realistic and fun (also the fact that Eadfrith dislikes Matui but Matui likes Eadfrith...).

I hope it will help some of you to have more fun from the game, rather than get irritated by companions, which always have some problems, though you know you need them but you don't want to spend another hours just finding out who should you choose, especially that it's not easy to find every existing companion in such a big world of Brytenwalda.
I also hope authors of that great mod (the best I've played so far) will understand my motives and let this post lie here :smile:

Agreed. It's getting quite complicated to juggle all of them, and it just turns into a stupid guessing game. I'm really frustrated with not being able to keep the skilled warriors I've raised. Would it be that hard to disable interactions?

I think we may lose something by disable companions interactions. Perhaps can we improve this system by making those characters relations more visible, or logical ? There are some ideas :

- Those who are from the same "nationality" may not dislike one of the same origin and would mostly hate one of the "historical" enemies of his land. With this we could simply pick some companions of a same land and not worry about their relations.
- In order not to simply chose a faction and to save diversity, make one companion liking his opposite in an enemy faction (for example a serious Briton noble liking a happy Saxon thief).
- concerning foreigners, they should dislike other foreigners, I think they should be something like bonuses to complete your britanniæ party leading a britanniæ army.

I hope it's understandable.

Back
Top Bottom