Companion interactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Kjertesvein

Sergeant
Brunhild and Ailchu are not friends at all. She is a former slave girl, and he is a brutish warrior. As a Norwegian viking I'm thinking I have to drop Brunhild of the side of my longship, because she doesn't seem suited to the raiding lifestyle. I've not confirmed that jet, but I fear she is going to nag about it.

What other match ups and traits have you encountered?

So far:
Ailchu - Hates Brunhild - Likes .

Brunhild - Hates Ailchu, Reginhard - Likes Solveig.

Helgi - Hates - Likes Reginhard.

Clovis - Hates Helgi - Likes Brunhild.

Morgant - Hates Solveig - Likes .

Reginhard - Hates Brunhild - Likes Helgi.

Solveig - Hates Morgant - Likes Brunhild.

Kjertesvein said:
Brunhild and Ailchu are not friends at all. She is a former slave girl, and he is a brutish warrior. As a Norwegian viking I'm thinking I have to drop Brunhild of the side of my longship, because she doesn't seem suited to the raiding lifestyle. I've not confirmed that jet, but I fear she is going to nag about it.

And you forgot the point that you are bringing a woman. First storm your raid party will kill her afraid the goddess is jealous of her and that she (goddess) will kill you all.

In the story mode, it feels like almost every companion hates the other. I recall one pair that liked each other, the rest just *****ed and moaned.

rariisan said:
The Valkyrie, I don't remember her name, likes Brunhild and she hates Bodo.
Solveig, the blond Norwegian girl is the Valkyrie woman. Damn, I liked Solveig, but now I have to tie her feet to a rock as well. :/

kalarhan said:
Kjertesvein said:

And you forgot the point that you are bringing a woman. First storm your raid party will kill her afraid the goddess is jealous of her and that she (goddess) will kill you all.
Are you serious? :razz: Is that a real thing?

Compiled from multiple sources. Accuracy not confirmed.

Name + Like - Dislike
Ailchu + Agathinos - Ceawlin, Brunhild
Agathinos + Ailchu - Beda, Asbjorn
Asbjorn + Bodo - Agathinos, Reginhard
Beda + Agathinos - Agathinos, Egil, Solveig
Bodo + Asbjorn - Helgi, Solveig
Brunhild + Clovis, Solveig - Ailchu, Reginhard
Caio + ? - ?
Ceawlin + ? - Ailchu, Donnchadh
Clovis + Brunhild - Egil, Helgi, Reginhard
Donnchadh + Morgant - Ceawlin, Dwywei
Dwywei + ? - Donnchadh, Reginhard
Egil + ? - Helgi, Morgant
Helgi + Reginhard - Bodo, Egil
Morgant + Donnchadh - Solveig
Reginhard + Helgi - Asbjorn, Brunhild, Clovis, Dwywei, Solveig
Solveig + Brunhild - Bodo, Egil, Morgant, Reginhard

Just thought I would give you what I have so far:

Brunhild L-Clovis d-Reginhard
Clovis L-Brunhild d-Egil d-Helgi
Solveig L-Brunhild d-Egil d-Reginhard
Egil L-Brunhild d-Morgant d-Clovis
Dwywei d-Donnchadh d-Caio

Bodo d-Helgi d-Solveig L-Asbjorn
Morgant L-Donnchadh d-Solveig d-Egil
Donnchadh L-Morgant d-Dwywei

Reginhard L-Helgi d-Brunhild
Helgi L-Reginhard d-Egil d-Clovis
Agathinos d-Asbjorn
Asbjorn d-Agathinos L-Bodo

Caio L-Egil d-Dwywei

Looks like it is the same as Native, or thus:

BbswG5EdEeS0CyIBCu4jKQ:MFFJC5EdEeS4mCICCv5XYw:KhPXjZEdEeSBNyIFCuglPQ

How can we find back some guys? I lost them from a battle, then I asked traveller to know where they are but when I go there, they are not there. I can not find them back.

I had this happen several times in Brytenwalda 1.41.
They actually disappear after dying for over 4 months. I looked in taverns, every town prison and asked all the travellers.
The camp companion status report didn't help.
It just said 'trying to rejoin the party".
So I quit and loaded a save just before the battle where they died.
This time, they just remained wounded at 0%.
The bug might have had something to do with their being a faction king present and several other lords that joined the battle then left early.
All my "deaths" occurred fighting various king parties.
No, they weren't listed anywhere as prisoners as I actually won the battle in the end.

Ivan Khan said:
Just thought I would give you what I have so far:

Brunhild L-Clovis d-Reginhard
Clovis L-Brunhild d-Egil d-Helgi
Solveig L-Brunhild d-Egil d-Reginhard
Egil L-Brunhild d-Morgant d-Clovis
Dwywei d-Donnchadh d-Caio

Bodo d-Helgi d-Solveig L-Asbjorn
Morgant L-Donnchadh d-Solveig d-Egil
Donnchadh L-Morgant d-Dwywei

Reginhard L-Helgi d-Brunhild
Helgi L-Reginhard d-Egil d-Clovis
Agathinos d-Asbjorn
Asbjorn d-Agathinos L-Bodo

Caio L-Egil d-Dwywei

Does the "d" means "hates" and the "L" means "loves" ?

mike56 said:
Does the "d" means "hates" and the "L" means "loves" ?

We now have a more exact list as follows:

Companion        LIKES              DISLIKE 1        DISLIKE 2        HOME
1. Caio            L-Egil                d-Beda            d-Dwywei          Hadrian's_Wall (Briton)
2. Egil              L-Brunhild        d-Clovis          d-Morgant        Ribe Danmark
3. Brunhild      L-Clovis            d-Reginhard      d-Ailchu            Kennemer/Doccinga Friese
4. Donnchadh  L-Morgant        d-Dwywei        d-Ceawlin        Dun_Onlaigh Dal_Riata
5. Morgant      L-Donnchadh    d-Solveig          d-Egil              Din_Tagell Cornubia
6. Bodo            L-Asbjorn        d-Helgi              d-Solveig          Cantwareburh West_Seaxe (Cantabrian)
7. Dwywei        L-Beda            d-Donnchadh    d-Caio              Dun_Taruo Alban
8. Reginhard    L-Helgi            d-Brunhild        d-Asbjorn          Dorestad Friese
9. Clovis          L-Brunhild        d-Egil              d-Helgi              Rendlaesham East_Engle (Frank)
10. Ceawlin        L-Solvieg        d-Ailchu          d-Donnchadh    Lundenwic East_Seaxna
11. Solveig        L-Brunhild        d-Reginhard    d-Egil                Tunsberg Northvegr
12. Asbjorn        L-Bodo            d-Agathinos      d-Reginhard      Heidabyr (Odinsve)
13. Helgi            L-Reginhard    d-Egil              d-Clovis            Svia
14. Ailchu          L-Agathinos      d-Ceawlin        d-Brunhild        Caiseal Mhumhain (Hibernia)
15. Agathinos    L-Ailchu          d-Asbjorn        d-Beda            Hordaland (Konstantinoupolis)
16. Beda          L-Agathinos      d-Solveig        d-Egil                Witan_Ceaster

There is still the Camp Conversation to look into but this seems to affect relations and not morale. Relations seems to be important in whether they leave when you try and convince them to stay.  So far I have had no problem keeping all companions in my army if you balance the complaints and keep morale above 50.

Ivan Khan said:
There is still the Camp Conversation to look into but this seems to affect relations and not morale. Relations seems to be important in whether they leave when you try and convince them to stay.  So far I have had no problem keeping all companions in my army if you balance the complaints and keep morale above 50.

Thank you, really useful :smile:

I dind't have problem with companion arguments when playing the story mode missions because they never leave, but now I've finished the main mission and I'm continuing the sandbox mode, and they are all now complaining about me and other companions  :lol:

Back
Top Bottom