Resolved Companion HOLDING, not in any party

Users who are viewing this thread

Companion HOLDING (not holding like other companions), not in party, status: "last seen near Ain Baliq today".
Please see steamcommunity thread:

Fix suggested in that thread (kicking from clan, looking in nearest tavern to recruit again) doesn't seem to resolve, can't find companion.
Probable cause is the quest "Deliver herd to Myzea", it has no "Troops have resolved the matter" completion message.
Another possible hint: another herd quest has 2 completion messages, has one been tied to the wrong quest?

M&B Bannerlord version e1.0.10
Computer Specs:
GPU: AMD RX590
CPU: intel i7-4771, no overclock, prime95 24h stable.
RAM: 32GB ddr3
Motherboard: Asus Z87-A
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): SSD 1TB

Had the Same thing occur with a "Rival Gang" quest. I was able to reload save from shortly before occurrence, the issue did not occur the second time around.

Had this problem 3 times now, i managed to dismiss and rerecruit all of them, but they become always unavailable to revolve other issues. seeing as those are the companions i used exclusively for this purpose they became useless.

Stoped playing until the bug is solved, quite game breaking.

Version: 1.2.1
Installed community-made modifications: A LOT
Computer Specs
:
GPU: Sapphire RX 580
CPU: R5 1600
RAM: 16GB 3000hz
Motherboard: Asrock killer ac
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): WD blue m.2 ssd 1tb

Hello, thanks for reporting this problem. Unfortunately, we were unable to respond to this thread when it was first created. We believe the issue may have been resolved since the creation of this topic. If you are currently experiencing this issue with the latest live or beta versions of the game, please update this thread so we can forward this issue to the team for investigation.

Hey, I just had this issue happen with "Overpriced Raw Materials at Ocs Hall" quest. Companion failed quest and is now "holding", not to be found anywhere. Any workaround to get the companion back? I can't assign him as a governor because I'm not a vassal or kingdom.

Apparently the console command used to fix this in the past are no longer available either (campaign.teleport_hero_to_settlement). I'm at a loss :/

Last edited:
I got this issue with my wife. Couldn't use the workarounds of setting her as a governor or as a party leader as she didn't appear in the options. I solved this by downloading the Telepathy mod and talking to her from the encyclopedia which allowed me to ask her to join my party. I'll create a ticket with a save file backup where the bug is still there.

@bFaceIII Just wanted to chime in and reiterate that the HOLDING companion bug is back when you send companions on quests.
I have been informed that this issue is fixed on our development branch and the fix will be implemented with the upcoming patches. Thanks!

I have this same bug of the companion holding (in Jalmarys). The cause was a failed quest: Overpriced Raw Materials in Jalmarys.

What is strange is that the quest message when I assigned my companion (... Spicevendor with Trade skill >100), said there was "no chance of failure".

So the bug is a bit more than just Companion stuck Holding.

I have this same bug of the companion holding (in Jalmarys). The cause was a failed quest: Overpriced Raw Materials in Jalmarys.

What is strange is that the quest message when I assigned my companion (... Spicevendor with Trade skill >100), said there was "no chance of failure".

So the bug is a bit more than just Companion stuck Holding.
Hi! Thanks for the feedback. Do you have any mods installed?

I still have an affected save file (failed quest, Companion Holding, not in city last seen in) if QA team wants it.

My solution (to clear the Companion Holding was to rollback to the only earlier (than the failed quest) save I had. Which was just prior to completion of the tutorial.

I still have an affected save file (failed quest, Companion Holding, not in city last seen in) if QA team wants it.

My solution (to clear the Companion Holding was to rollback to the only earlier (than the failed quest) save I had. Which was just prior to completion of the tutorial.
It might be helpful, yes. You can upload your save file to upload.taleworlds.com. Please do not forget to include the link to this thread in the description box on the upload website so I can find it. Thanks in advance!

Hey bFaceIII,
I've updated to 1.7.1 and it says it fixes the error that we are facing, but it still says holding for my brother 'Nozhon' and he doesn't appear in the city it says he is in. I cannot kick him and reinvite either, as some have said may fix, as he is 'family' and it wont allow for a kick.

Any ideas how to use patch 1.7.1 to retrieve companions?

Thanks.

Hello again! Are you still having this issue in the current version?
Just encountered this issue in 1.1.5. Nathanos is stuck as holding. Disbanding his party doesn't work either. The clan parties screen only says that his party is disbanding but he is still stuck at Eunalica. EDIT: Just fixed it lol. I had to take all his troops away and he started moving.

Back
Top Bottom