Companion "Bodyguard" Bug

Users who are viewing this thread

Anthropoid

Sergeant Knight at Arms
I've been having this weird bug for some time now. I thought I had posted about it but now cannot find the thread.

Any time I enter a settlement or other scene, and would normally be solo (for example, bounty missions, visit village or town, intercepted by assassins when I enter a town at night, go to mead hall, etc.), one of my companions Eadfrith, who is my highest level companion, is ALWAYS there along with me.

Most recently he killed my bounty and prevented me from finishing the mission so I thought it was time to mention it.

Hmmmm, I wonder if I can ditch my bodyguard using the "Retreat" command or even just the "Hold Here" command to keep him from mucking up my Quests . . . Will have to try that.

If those command features work then I hail this feature as still greater brilliance and innovation!

ADDIT: and thanks for clarifying Uhtred!

What triggers this intended feature?  I only ask as sometimes the guy will follow me in, then a few days later he won't, then he will again, seemingly at random.

My guess would be renonwn combined with how many times you've been ambushed by thugs as you enter a town at night.

Since my bodyguard started following me it is constant.

And yes, the Everyone-Hold Here, Fall back, etc. all work just fine so you don't have to let them poach your quests.

This feature is great when you get ambushed by bandits on a city after a battle and you're like 10% HP.
And not sure now, but i think you have bodyguards too when you help prisoners to escape!

You have bodyguards once your reach a certain reknown level, yes they follow your orders and yes they do accompany you when you free prisoners.

I've played this mod too damn much.  :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Uhtred Ragnarson said:
You have bodyguards once your reach a certain reknown level, yes they follow your orders and yes they do accompany you when you free prisoners.

I've played this mod too damn much.  :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

There is NEVER too much of Brytenwalda!

Apstinentas said:

709574d1337110429-po-vacation-pic-heavvvvvy-sir.jpg

Apstinentas said:
Uhtred Ragnarson said:

^Truth

My Bodyguards are killing Lords, who I want to rescue from prison. I had this once with Floris, but there you can disable Bodyguard, in the camp menu.

How can I manage to rescue imprisoned Lord here?

Nothing helps, this "bug" is an old story. Everytime when rescuing any lord from prison, they instantly begin to fight my bodyguards right infront the prison, where my bodyguards spawn just like me, and every lord who I want to rescue.

In Floris Modpack is a option to switch bodyguards on and off, because early versions of Flors had this "bug" to, but it couldnt get resolved, so they put the option into the mod, for switching them on and off, ( in the campmenu, I think).

Lobo_loco said:
Nothing helps, this "bug" is an old story. Everytime when rescuing any lord from prison, they instantly begin to fight my bodyguards right infront the prison, where my bodyguards spawn just like me, and every lord who I want to rescue.

In Floris Modpack is a option to switch bodyguards on and off, because early versions of Flors had this "bug" to, but it couldnt get resolved, so they put the option into the mod, for switching them on and off, ( in the campmenu, I think).

Well, it is possible disable it in mission template, you can do it with python files deleting body guard text (you can read it to end.

Lobo_loco said:
My Bodyguards are killing Lords, who I want to rescue from prison. I had this once with Floris, but there you can disable Bodyguard, in the camp menu.

How can I manage to rescue imprisoned Lord here?

Never had that problem. And all I usually do is rescue Lords because it is fun :smile: So just have your usual bodyguard naked before sneaking in for now until you can fix it. Hope that helps.

Idibil said:
Lobo_loco said:

Well, it is possible disable it in mission template, you can do it with python files deleting body guard text (you can read it to end.

Thx, thats what I wanted to know. :wink:  I'll do it this way then.

How do I activate that feature, I bought a Personal Banner and suddenly Clovis started following me around, in meadhalls and such, but a couple of days later he just never accompanied me anymore.

There's a bug with bodyguards not accompanying you when they should.  So if yours go missing for some random reason...

The 'fight bandits' mission in a village triggers it.
Companions will then no longer accompany you as guards.

To reset the guarding behaviour, choose 'take a walk around the streets' option at a town.

This also exists in the Floris mod.

tunaisafish said:
There's a bug with bodyguards not accompanying you when they should.  So if yours go missing for some random reason...

The 'fight bandits' mission in a village triggers it.
Companions will then no longer accompany you as guards.

To reset the guarding behaviour, choose 'take a walk around the streets' option at a town.

This also exists in the Floris mod.

Edit: Thanks, just passing by letting you now I managed to get Clovis to follow me around again.

Thank you for the info, will look into it, I hope to get it working.

Back
Top Bottom