Users who are viewing this thread

Ba18070

Recruit
When you recruit a follower they give you their backstory, which you can then sympathize with them or give them a really rude answer to (Not sure why you would, but you can.) It would be really nice if there were a few scenarios following up from this:
1. Going with your follower to resolve that situation, such as the one where the boy was sent into an ambush by his stepfather, or where the "big man of the alley" that fathered all the children needs to get his face caved in. Should be a good source of roguery xp for "clean" characters.
2. Introduce specific higher tier followers that make you have to resolve a quest chain before you can even sign them on.
3. Use these quests and this kind of "backstreet justice" to do something similar to the back alleys, where you can pop by a settlement sometimes and they'll have recruits waiting for you because they've heard of your deeds/been affected positively by your actions.
4. Have followers develop a further way based on their traits. So lets say for the stepfather one, you force him out of the village. If your follower develops their honor, they could force him to annul the marriage so your mother can marry again. If they go cruel, they can hire some thugs to lynch him and leave the body hanging for all to see, etc. Maybe a follower who lost their parents asks you to give some money to orphans on the street, a female victim of sex crimes could implore you to get into a bar fight with some guys who are making the barmaid uncomfortable, etc.
5. Give character means to do public works or nefarious deeds based on this. A good character could open an orphanage/school/hospital combination in their city at their own expense. An evil character could have it be a front to sell the orphans off as slaves. Be prepared for the consequences.
Just some ideas of how to make the world a little more interesting and realistic. After all: If there aren't impulsive outbursts of violence and reminders of tragedy everywhere, is it really trying to be realistic?

Honestly I agree with you. It would add way more depth to the game. I also did a post regarding more quests and I mentioned that companions should be able to offer quests. Cause it would be great if companions can issue quests as it would make them seem more real. As everyone in Calradia should have a motive. I really think that they should add that as well

Back
Top Bottom