In Progress Companion army underwhelming

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
e1.5.9
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
Yes, I used mods.
Summary: I think the image speaks for itself, the army that our companions make/assemble are always wayyyy underwhelming, i don't know if this is the way it is to be intended but for the most part our companions are just a bunch of recruits bunch together ....

There also other factors contributing to this outcome, the A.I in general when they have any prisoners they sell (or whatever they do) as soon as they go in a city or castle, instead of making use of the perks they have that is recruiting prisoners and even turning bandit units in to actual high tier soldiers... If they are always "selling" the prisoners there is no use for those perks to be there, they should take certain units into consideration for future recruitment of instead just going around and around the villages getting normal tier 1 units...

Actually what happens to the prisoners when they go to our castle? because it says is -X value of prisoners but if you go to the dungeon there is none so what is happening there exactly? can the A.I sell them in castles as well?

True that the A.I is a little better in assembling the army but the quality and the management of it is still ways off, not to mention the handling with the donations of units to castles/cities also contributing to this outcome. I even tried giving it good units and it donated several of them to castles and cities.... and then it proceeds to recruit more tier 1.... :meh:

Yes i use mods, but like i said before these are mostly libraries and 2 for relationships/alliances and 1 for respec companions perks (because most if not all makes no sense).
This issue is present for a long time now, even without mods the behavior is the same.

I would like to know if this is actually a bug present or is a mechanic being worked on.

Mods used:
Allegiance Overhaul
Consider My Kingdom
MBRespec
Harmony
ButterLib
Mod Configuration Menu
UIExtenderEx

How to Reproduce: Just let them assemble an army
Have you used cheats and if so which: Money

Computer Specs:
GPU: AORUS GeForce RTX 2080 Ti XTREME 11G
GPU Driver: 27.21.14.6192 (Nvidia 461.92) DCH
CPU: Intel Core i9-9900K@ 4.7Ghz
RAM: 32GB 3200MHz
Motherboard: Gigabyte AORUS Z390 Elite
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): Samsung 860 QVO SSD 2TB SATA 3 V-NAND MLC
Media (Screenshots & Video):
A4dKIIH.jpg

Perhaps it should be possible to give them instructions, you as the clan leader - eg only recruit Tx Keep 1/4 of your prisoner capacity for Mounted Troops with an on/off for bandits.

I have only one companion party in my army, and I just use it as fodder. I put units I get in there and train up low level units towards mounted
The other day I made the mistake to give the party Battanian Veteran Skirmishers, and instead of keeping them or making them mounted, the AI turned them into wildlings... sigh. too bad you cant demote units.

If I dont want them go recruiting, I give them my low level troops until they are full and I recruit myself, only the units I want...

But some mechanic to pass this as instructions, would be great. As will like a list of orders eg Engage looters up to 1:1 engage Mountain Bandits only if they are 2:1 stronger than bandits, etc...

Run circles around the army and engage bandits, etc as the army is generally too slow to chase them. etc etc

-Their parties don't get elite troops when you re-spawn them after defeat (AI lords do)
-Low tactics & medicine

-Their parties don't get elite troops when you re-spawn them after defeat (AI lords do)
-Low tactics & medicine
Not to mention that if you actually give them good troops when you make a party of them, they will donate them to a town/castle, and pickup recruits instead..

It's like they just wanna **** with you. "Oh hey are these guys good? WHat those expensive guys? Put them in the garrison. The garrison, Idunno does it matter "which garrison"? So since my guys aren't good, maybe I'll just stay in the tavern for 3 weeks, okay?"

Not to mention that if you actually give them good troops when you make a party of them, they will donate them to a town/castle, and pickup recruits instead..

We need a check box for parties that disallow them to donate troops to castles/towns.

Well not sure if you already noticed they only donate troops to garrisons of OTHER Settlements not governed by yourself... so they may donate to a settlement you just conquered, but as soon as you earn the fief they wont give you any more troops.

Well not sure if you already noticed they only donate troops to garrisons of OTHER Settlements not governed by yourself... so they may donate to a settlement you just conquered, but as soon as you earn the fief they wont give you any more troops.

I also noticed if I take a town with an army. My companion parties donate troops, where the other lords doesn't... or at least I don't see they almost dump half their parties into the settlement as mine does :sad:

All lords in my army, I have one companion Party and 4 other Lords (all with Mercy two with Generous traits), give units to settlements as long as I am not the ruler. not always, but often, so not sure if its 1/4 of garison strength or 1/5th something like that.

Back
Top Bottom