Community Reviews of Bannerlord

Users who are viewing this thread

I like the game, few games added me as this one, and as I use all the mods I can I barley miss any features, I have late and armored starter, I can menage Garrisons, caravans and Parties, I have good tournaments,reasonable diplomacy etc. I just be mad when a new patch breaks my mods.

I always laugh when people who spent hundreds or even thousands hours playing a game are writing bad reviews in the Steam
but you can only truely know the game after spending hundreds or thousands of hours on it.
reviews from dedicated players are the best imo because they experienced everything.

I always laugh when people who spent hundreds or even thousands hours playing a game are writing bad reviews in the Steam
So 30 minutes of gameplay has more value of a review than 100?

I get your point but a sandbox grind should have over 40 plus hours of gameplay. BL can be played for thousands of hours, but what does it offer? Once you try to become a vassal or king you begin to see the limits of diplomacy and just the repeat of stupid campaign ai wars. The lack of so many little features like feast, garrison troop training, town building, lordship options, tournament options, i could go on and on make the game boring and pointless. Add the fact that many restarted new campaigns with new updates to see if changes improved will rack up you total hrs played. This doesn't mean the game is good. More so that we care and are hopeful.

So 30 minutes of gameplay has more value of a review than 100?

I get your point but a sandbox grind should have over 40 plus hours of gameplay. BL can be played for thousands of hours, but what does it offer? Once you try to become a vassal or king you begin to see the limits of diplomacy and just the repeat of stupid campaign ai wars. The lack of so many little features like feast, garrison troop training, town building, lordship options, tournament options, i could go on and on make the game boring and pointless. Add the fact that many restarted new campaigns with new updates to see if changes improved will rack up you total hrs played. This doesn't mean the game is good. More so that we care and are hopeful.
Exactly, the game has the skeleton but it lacks the meat.
It looks pretty at first but the more you play the more you find areas completely lacking, gamebreaking bugs since release (siege ai), bad balance etc.
It's a pretty skeleton but just that for now unfortunately.

I used to think like that. However, in games like Bannerlord, you spent lots of time progressing your character and your story and in the end, you want a satisfying end. Thus, when the end game and you do not feel like it paid your effort, you feel bad.
The thing is if you liked the progress you made, then it can be enough for you (for me it was like this), but people can expect more or have a different view on what is fun. And this is totally normal. Most of the hardcore fun here wanted a better and detailed Warband from bannerlord (just my prediction).
And about the topic, yes bad reviews bombing can change something, but if the numbers can be seen in the big pictures. It was mentioned before in this thread that forum users are very few comparing the general audience of this game (who bought or waiting for the full release).

Yes, I understand we already bought the game under false pretenses but we can make other people second guess the decision to buy the game if we review bomb the game. What is everyone's thoughts on this?
I think it's a little bit (I know, this is just a game, but the principle stands) like it is with cheating girlfriends.
You used to love how they were. But then they become annoying, stop talking to you and eventually sleep around.
And they deserve some kind of punishment for it, something like dumping them, or even talking (rightly so) trash about their behavior with friends and family.

It's not entirely dissimilar when it comes to videogames (both are enjoyable and can really get on your nerves.)
They openly lied, they are already doing something else while letting the playerbase down, and on top of that they wrote that GOD-AWFUL and infuriatingly tone deaf anniversary post on Steam.

Jesus, I wrote a rather angry post there, on Steam community or whatever it's called and somehow people literally ratio'd the original Taleworlds post and my comment ended up having more awards. I mean... if something like that can happen on Steam, what most people here are thinking and sharing about the game, is probably the most common point of view.
The positive reviews are from people (mostly kids or casuals, said with no malice whatsoever) who jumped in for a fun quickie and ended up banging a different chick two days after, so to speak.

I haven't reviewed it yet, 2.5k+ hours but I'm waiting till it's actually finished.

It's disappointing that it doesn't seem like it will reach it's potential, but everything is. All of exitance is a burning mass of bodies just being born and painfully depreciating over and over again. Videos games.

I haven't reviewed it yet, 2.5k+ hours but I'm waiting till it's actually finished.

Same here. I wouldn't recommend this game that's all I can do for now, except for a couple of friends who didn't experience Warband beforehand and know this is a EA in it's pure definition, so basically 2-3 around me that's it.
Mount & Blade is a licence which got praised for more than a decade now, I'm not quite sure Steam reviews would change anything for average Joe, those who didn't play Warband can't see how much it is lacking from it's brother, and there is no competition at all in the market.
We aren't talking about another FPS battle royale genre here.
So back to this, since it's pretty much in EA state, why bother ?

I think a lot of people that left good reviews and last played Bannerlord in something like April or May just don't care anymore, but knowingly think the game is a lost cause and moved on. I know a couple of friends that played warband religiously, but deserted this title as fast as that.

As for the steam review's we're a small section of people, we couldn't even turn the recent reviews if we wanted to.

I'd say our best course of action, but also most impossible would be to get some youtuber onboard because that's apparently where taleworld's sees it's community.. but good luck finding anyone that would stop cashing in on this dead wave train.

I don't think review bombing will do anything. It looks like TW devs are either too few (IT companies lie about the amount of people working on something all the time), or that the majority of them are incompetent and causing troubles for the skilled few. Whatever the case, it's dev hell.

Personally I'm just waiting for BL to get out of early access. Then mods will come and fix as many suckies as possible. I highly suspect that TW is counting on modders too to keep the playerbase afloat.

(IT companies lie about the amount of people working on something all the time),

I think most people just confuse all those numbers and expect a company of 100 to be roughly 100 dev, as is 100 programmers.
It goes without saying that it's not even close, I'm not in Ankara to count all of them, but I'm pretty sure 70% is fields not even remotely related to Game design/dev per se.

same, 1.1k hours but not feeling like giving a review yet. Still waiting. My impression is overall positive though, other-wise I wouldn't have spent so much time to play it anyway. As long as nothing really bad happens in the development, and they deliver on some basic additions/polishes to the game + they support modders the best way that they can, I am happy with the product.

For brevity's sake, let me be perfectly clear: brigading on our forum is not allowed. Since discussion has shifted to individuals' opinions of their own reviews and the general state of the game, the thread is remaining open for now with this clarification in place and a notice added to the OP.

Also remember that review bombing is against Steam's Terms of Service.

Last edited:
We few people here in this forum aren´t important. We are like 3-5% of all customers? (customers = bought Bannerlord).
Less than 1%.

Probably less than .01% who post regularly.
I highly suspect that TW is counting on modders too to keep the playerbase afloat.
Why do you think they care about keeping the playerbase afloat? It is mostly an SP game (player numbers fall off a cliff after three months) and has zero monetization beyond the initial sales.

For brevity's sake, let me be perfectly clear: brigading on our forum is not allowed. Since discussion has shifted to individuals' opinions of their own reviews and the general state of the game, the thread is remaining open for now with this clarification in place and a notice added to the OP.

Also remember that review bombing is against Steam's Terms of Service.
For brevity's sake, as someone who has spent thousands of hours with administrating all over the place in Multiplayer and modding both Warband and now Bannerlord: I would nonetheless very much like to "brigade" on our community forum, because Taleworlds made us bet money and time on this game's future and now seems to throw us out into the cold, damp streets. Either way, TW should probably prefer brigading here over brigading in other places without control.
But well, as said before, I understand your position, so whatever.

It looks like TW devs are either too few (IT companies lie about the amount of people working on something all the time), or that the majority of them are incompetent and causing troubles for the skilled few. Whatever the case, it's dev hell.
This ^^

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom