Community questions for Dev-Blogs

Users who are viewing this thread

cifre

Section Moderator
Questions for  3D Modeller, Ümit Singil for Blog 23/11/17.

1. Do you guys think that it's possible to have some gore, heads and hands being cut off and so on.
2.  Will there be various heights in the models? Also will there be kids' models?
3. Can we expect more, in terms of destructable models, other than the sections of castle walls/ramparts and gates? Like for instance simple fences, or heavy doors that can be hacked through during a siege battle, things of that nature.
4. Will there be an option to choose a blade texture, color (darker/lighter), glossiness? (some may like shiny chrome look, some may like more matte or stonewashed look)
5. Will there be an option to choose a blade cross section for every blade (shape in thickness of the blade)?
6. I May be going too much into "fantasy mode" with this one :smile: , but will there be an option (I imagine  very expensive one) to add ornaments or any other decorations to the weapons?

You can now address questions to Technical Artist, Gökalp Doğan, for Blog 26/10/17.

Blog <<<Link>>>

1. How will you bring Bannerlord's animations in line with the standard of current games? I'm just wondering whether we can expect up-to-date animations in terms of quality and realism.
2. How did you handle footwork animation in an environment that's so free like Mount & Blade's? Is it just a blend of direction/speed of pre-baked animations or is it context sensible like actual sword fighting footwork? In other words, will the player be able to spin around freely or the footwork will add restraints to the movement?
3. In many multiplayer Warband servers and mods, there is taunting and voice lines that you can do. Will we see something like that, in the form emotes? Like the very classic shield bashing taunt, or raising the weapon to the air etc...?
4. Is there any chance to create some more running animations? This is nitpicking, but immersion gets a bit ruined when you see 50 soldiers running with exactly the same movement.
5. How distinguished will the feint animations will be? Will it be like Warband that could be extremely confusing or there will be a flow implemented?
6. Is the swing startup animation and execution tied to frame rate? For example in Warband, if you play with 60 fps, you see your own character swing slower, if you play with 150 fps, the change is drastical.
7. How the animation stances directional attacks work? Do they serve a purpose? Is this an implemented system to the whole 'combo/chain' system we will get in Bannerlord?
8. In Warband, if you decide to move upwards to a hill, the character speed would slow down to an extreme, making the game extremely slow and annoying. Could we expect a change?
9. Will there be any difference/speed caps on how fast you can turn after you hold an attack? In Warband you can do crazy ballerina stuff, is it the same in Bannerlord?
10. Warband multiplayer combat became spamy at the upper skill levels due to the animations and game mechanics. How has the Taleworlds team addressed this topic throughout Bannerlord development? How has the team kept to the Mount & Blade core combat mechanics of “easy to learn, yet hard to master” while addressing combat spam? Thanks!
11. Will the physics be hardcore realistic, or we can have a bit of superheroish ragdoll physics fun as well?
12. Please can you tell us if Bannerlord has or its engine can implement mounts other than horses. To clarify, can you use different skeletons/animations than the standard horse ones?
13. Will it be possible (and relatively straight-forward for novices like me) to import real-world topographic data to the editor so that I can fight battles at the iron-age hillfort that's a mile away from where I live?
14. Will there be some farm/wild animals in the game, and what type of interaction with the player can we expect?
15. What kind of polearms will there be in game?
You can now address questions to Fatma Nadide Öçba, Graphic Artist for Blog 12/10/17.

Blog <<<Link>>>

1. How big of a difference will there be between lowest & highest graphics? Will it be almost like in Warband or different?
2. How many textures will one item be able to use? Unlimited? or limited?
3. Where did you get your inspiration for the armor designs?
4. Hi Fatma, please can you show us your favorite piece of artwork from Bannerlord?
5. A more detailed post
6. How do you get a graphical difference between the lowest setting and the highest?
7. How do you choose which textures to change and adapt?
8. Will Bannerlord continue to have most of the information presented through text on the screen, with options to select an outcome (Like City screens, events, etc)?
9. I noticed from the last blog that the overworld map artstyle is a bit bare bones. Is that a planned feature (to be as clean as possible), or is there artwork in the project pipeline awaiting to be implemented?
10. Can there be grass that is 3D and sways in the wind?
11. Will cities/villages have their models updated when a player builds new structures within them?
You can now address questions to Meriç Neşeli, QA Lead and Game Designer for Blog 28/09/17.

Blog <<<Link>>>

1. Will Bannerlord continue to have most of the information presented through text on the screen, with options to select an outcome?
2. How will Bannerlord make the game feel more like an RPG? (If that is too broad), will the game have special locations like Viking Conquest and more interactivity with people who aren't lords?
3. From what I heard, Taleworlds hires a large number of interns. How do you oversee all of their work and ensure their work is up to quality for Bannerlord? Have you had any hiccups with Interns creating subpar work and having to redo it?
4. What kind of processes do you go through while testing scenes and campaign?
5. What was one of the strangest or funniest bugs that you've experienced during QA?
6. How does the character ageing work? Do you die? If so, whats happens next?(Anyone take over?)
7. I'm sure Taleworlds team have their own moonlight mods with zombies, guns etc. any chance some of tbat might be freed up as well?
8. Is there any possibility that some of the dropped features(due to performance or game balance) could be made available to the modding community?
9. Apart from functional tests, do you also playtest and provide feedback to programmers and designers? For example: if a quest is boring, too hard, too easy or the reward doesn't match the challenge? Do they listen?
10. Do you plan to expand the test team for beta testing? It is too small now and we know Bannerlord will be likely buggy on release because of the complexity. (BTW, when is the beta test coming up?  :iamamoron:)
11. Do you use automated testing tools and how?
12. How do you motivate the testers to keep pounding at Bannerlord until they lose their minds?
13. Will AI ranged troops be able to lead their target (use deflection)?
14. What are the main areas of activity of the QA Lead and Game Designer department until the end of this year?
15. When you attack villages as a mercenary or even a lord, can you capture the populace or hold them hostage/enslave?
16. Once a village or town castle is sacked by you or your faction will you be able to recruit your factions troops from that location?
17. Will there be special troop trees for the recruits from cultures other than your kingdoms culture?
You can now address questions for Murat Türe, Lead Programmer of the Game Engine.
I will try to structure them, if the case, up to Monday.
Please note that in order to give some time to pick a question and prepare the response you will need to post your question not later than Tuesday (if you want to have some chances :smile: )

Blog <<<Link>>>

I. Resources & Power
a. Hi Murat, can the engine take full advantage of the power of a player's computer or are there hard coded limits that will be overtaken by future generations of PCs?
b. Is the engine built to support many threads and will that mean a 12 core PC will see great advantages with the game over a 4 core PC and allow for more troops on the field at one time?
c. Is there a target for how many troops would the engine support at release date?
d. Are the challenges for the game more on the CPU or GPU side?
e. What was the specs of the PC you ran your demo at Gamescom ?
f. How the game will run on consoles and how downgraded it will be?

II. Modding

a. Can you create cut-scenes and attach them to dialogues?
b. Is this process developed in a manner that does not require a 100-hour learning curve?
d. Can we modify gravity for SF mods or just to have a good trip?
e. Can we dynamically place buildings without disrupting the AI mesh, for example, to procedurally generate a village or to place new graves whenever villagers die?
f. Will each faction have a different ritual for throne succession? (put it here more like as a modding flexibility feature - if these kind of things are hard coded or not - otherwise, it has no relevance for the engine blog)

III. Other
a. What is the name you have chosen for the engine? (other)
b. How did TW program good ai [compared to warband]for bots while not too heavily detracting from the performance? What were some limitations encountered?
c. Will you be able to adjust FOV in the options? If yes, will it be separate for first and third person?
d. How are the sieges going? I heard not long ago that you guys were having trouble with the artillery hitting the walls, and destroying stuff in the castle. Have you made any progress regarding this issue?
e. I saw in the video that arrows weren't registering, and sticking to thin air - Have you guys fixed this issue?
f. What do you like the most about Bannerlord?
g. What anti-cheat measures did you take to avoid cheaters in MP?
h. Will there be Customizable tabards?
i. Will the character be able to climb over small obstacles?
j. How to climbing of the ranks will be for joining in a lords army?
k. Will objects like cups and chairs in taverns or other small things like that be movable/interactable or will they be static like in the previous games?
Hi guys,
Callum said in the 30/08 blog, he'll pick-up a question from us for the next blog (07/09/17). Next blog will cover an interview with the head programmer for the campaign team, Ceren Üstündağ.
Here are the questions up until now, which I tried to shorten and cumulate them in order to give the devs an easier task.
Please restrain to Campaign related questions and have a go first through the already posted questions before you ask. It'll make my job easier to up-date.
Thanks!
(if any issues with the list, pls PM me).

Blog <<<Link>>>

I. Modding:
a. Do you use a map editing tool for the overland map and will it be available to modders?
b. Is there a limit to the number of terrain types on the campaign map or can modders create new terrain types & specify their properties (i.e. passable or impassable etc.)?
c. Will tools be available to modders for vertex animating map icons and static map props such as windmills?
d. What is the modding aspect within the campaign you are most excited for? (E.g. moddable non-linear storylines? Perhaps an example of new things that could be added with mods, akin to the diplomacy mod with Warband?)
e. What is the extent of moddability you are planning, in regards to campaign?

II. Politics & Economy
a. Years ago it's been implemented being outlaw, how higher can you go in this decision? Can you order other bandit parties, build base etc.? Same goes for being merchant, can you have other merchant groups and make trade agreements? Control other Empire's decisions by your wealth?
b. Will lords, ladies and characters be able to die and to have children.... before dying?
c. Will we be able to do a military coup if the other lords of a faction aren't happy with the current ruler?
d. Also can you share a little light on the relationship and social system? Marriage, family and so on.
e. Is prosperity finally going to do anything?
f. Any interesting political developments? Like elections of faction leaders?
g.  How will the different clans within the factions work? Will they struggle with each other, just in their own factions or will they also strike out at other factions and their clans?
h.  Will there be Political Map and Ledger?

III. Gameplay & Story
a. How are you going to make the end-game more challenging and fun?
b. Did you already figure out that expanding the minor factions beyond unchallenging bandits brings variety and different challenge levels into the game? (As in Prophesy of Pendor)
c. Will we be able to roleplay as others than mercenaries or lords in a much better way than in previous games?
d. Will there be any way for a smaller party to harass a larger party in the campaign? Are we going to get ambushes?
e. Have any changes been made to the recruitment system? - by AmateurHetman
f. What RPG elements have been improved upon? Can we expect to be able to lead a fellowship on quest after quest without getting bored?
g. What improvements have you made to the Starting Options?
h. Any idea if there will be mercenaries with customizable gear?
i. Will the troop tree in Single Player be similar to the one in what we saw at Gamescom, with perks and troops grouped into categories?
j. Do you plan to have an interface that is more user friendly when it comes to upgrading troops?
k. Will there be new attributes (like dexterity and accuracy) or new skills? Military specialties would be awesome (e.g. Archer commander, Siege master).
l.    Will we be able to join another lords army as a simple soldier and then work up our ways through the ranks?
m.  When you start playing single player in Warband, you chose your character's background. Honestly, that didn't affect much [...]. In this, will your background be more prominent and affect more than last time?
n.  I am very curious about the skill system as it was said in some interviews that skills will be developed by your actions [...] how will this work for your companions if they are always together in the same party? Will you have to give them personal assignments?
o.  Will there be a customizable troop tree for the player's faction?
p.  Can our character be adjusted in size? (I guess the question relates more to the height of the model rather than the weight)
r.  Will there be the possibility to build hideouts like bandits did in warband and/or to use raided bandit hideouts as your own?
s.    Will there be household troops? Like in perisno but also with player household troops? If not what about a custom guard unit?

IV. Campaign Map
a. How is the lightning in campaign map? (If it has day/night cycles)
b. How your party model looks like? Is it the commander are we going to see on campaign or the biggest type of unit in the party?
c. Choke points on the world map were alluded to in a blog years ago, are these an actual mechanic or just how the map is formed? Can we have battles on bridges? or maybe mountain passes...
d. Some chance of seeing the Campaign map? as it's been a year and a half.
e. What effects do the seasons/weather have exactly, on a party on the world map and/or in battle... economy and A.I. decision making?
f. Is it possible to have a mini map MP campaign with Lords and king roles occupied by players?
g. How is the upgrading system working? Do we see its construction when we enter the area or we can only see those effects on campaign mode?
h.  I have always wondered why there are just a very limited amount of roads in the campaigns of Mount&Blade games, why is that?
i.  WHERE'S ZENDAR?!
j.  Will there be underground locations on the map?

V. AI
a. What improvements have been made to campaign AI?
b. The defection system in Warband was a freaking mess.  Any improvements?
c. What is our interaction level with NPC’s? Beside party-in mechanic, can we have friends, enemies, deals between NPCs?
d. Will there be another NPC parties like us? Choosing their purpose in this world.
e. Talking to NPC's about politics and the economy felt like talking to blank eyed computer programs. Have you guys made any improvements in that area?
f. When you are the marshal, can you send a general with some lords to patrol an area or even better to siege a place? Or send a messenger to a lord to come and meet you.
g. Will there be scripted or randomized events on the campaign map? (I.e., an additional faction invades after a specific amount of time has passed, or a peasant has become a named bandit and begins pillaging the countryside, etc.)

VI. TW team challenges
a. Did you have to cut out any gameplay features just because they could not be done in multiplayer?
b. We know that you worked on co-op, what are the difficulties you faced with it and do you see any potential of overcoming these obstacles.
c. What would you say is the biggest change being made to the campaign from Warband?
d. Can you add the small little feature to be able to choose both equipment and troops before every battle?
e. Is the aging system still being worked, or it has been wiped out from the game?
f. What was the most challenging new idea to implement into the game?
g. If you could add anything to the campaign, that is currently not implemented, what would it be?
h. Is it possible to have a friend join you in the single player campaign as a commander of a fraction of your army?
i. How do the coordination between single player team and the artists happen?
j. How do you test scenes? Do you just go in and wander around jump and do weird movements and such?
k. How do you test the campaign?
l.  Is the team still working on adding new features to the game or at this point is it all about polishing what's already there?

I have a question about clans within the factions. I guess this is a Politics/Gameplay question then.
How will the different clans within the factions work? Will they struggle with each other, just in their own factions or will they also strike out at other factions and their clans?
Will it be possible, If certain other mechanics like lords dying and their sons or daughters inheriting their titles are still in the game, for different clans to lead a faction or fall from grace?

And a game release-ish question, because who wouldn't want to ask it.
Armagan Yavuz has hinted at a Early Access, how much chance is there that we actually get EA to the game. Obviously if we buy the game first. Personally I would love to have EA, the chance to help the team test features and giving modders a chance to start planning and building their mods. I won't ask for a date because that would be useless, if the last few years have been an indication.  :wink:

Any chance we get the features page on the website filled in, or perhaps a schedule/roadmap kinda blog so we can see where the game and team is at.

Organised developers know their release date and work towards it,  giving the community 12-6 months notoce of when it ia going to be released.  Does Taleworlds' policy of "we'll release it when it's done" come with a reduced notice of release period? Ie will we just randomly be told that the game is now in a gold copy state,  sales are being finalised and we'll recieve it in month.....

Rodrigo Ribaldo said:
It means release date is not in the foreseeable future. They would not hide the game if it's ready, who does that?

I think he means, that we get a announcement/release date long before the actual release. Or will we get a release date one month before release?

Take Bethesda, they are quiet for a long time and then 6 months before release they announce a brand new game and release info during those 6 months. Or a game dev can set te release date a year from now.

What Crowcorrector doesnt want to happen is that TaleWorlds just randomly decide the game is ready and release the game 2 weeks later.

What effect does weather have on the campaign map, economy, battles, and A.I. decision making?

For example, would an extended winter storm make traveling more difficult, reduce food supplies/raise prices, and force A.I. lord to become dormant? Or in the case of a desperate lord with dwindling supplies, very aggressive?

jackalj said:
What Crowcorrector doesnt want to happen is that TaleWorlds just randomly decide the game is ready and release the game 2 weeks later.
Again, why would they do that? They need months to get the hype train going and also months to beta-test and balance multiplayer so clicking would look skillful.
We'll get more specific noises about years and quarters once they solve whatever problems they have down there in development hell.

Question: will we be able to join an other lords army as a simple soldier and then work up our ways through the ranks? A way to start small and slowly prove ourselfs as warrior?
( like the "freelancer" mod for warband offered.

♱Hunie♱[KZ]? said:
double swords and Co - op will come?

2. our character can be adjusted in size?

I vote for TRIPLE swords, since double swords are lame and deal only double damage. Third sword is hanging on your willy and is dealing even more damage + looks even more cool. Aside from that, parkour in the cities is a must. Wouldn't it be awsome? jumping on the roofs from merchant to merchant?. Oh yea, I recalled now. DIVING in an full armor is also wide demanded feature. You can't have immersive medieval world without crossing a lake in armor.

Dude, go play Skyrim.

Sorry for not thinking about this earlier but, will there be household troops? Like in perisno but also with player household troops? If not what about a custom guard unit?

Talk about aging that was discussed in an early dev blog and how it will affect the gameplay and if our characters lives are finite and whether or not there will be a way to pass on thetorch so to speak.

GaelicWarlord said:
Talk about aging that was discussed in an early dev blog and how it will affect the gameplay and if our characters lives are finite and whether or not there will be a way to pass on thetorch so to speak.

I got a feeling this is the theme of the next blog.

Back
Top Bottom